Home

Help - Limited time to play

This is a discussion on Help - Limited time to play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Help - Limited time to play

I have always enjoyed franchise mode and completing multiple seasons. However, with the way my schedule is and new responsibilities I am now lucky to play 1-2 hours in a week. My goal is to just play franchise games and go through seasons while generating realistic results (player progression, stats, scores, plays per game etc.) without having to spend the time doing all of the extra stuff included i.e - spending XP, going through training before each game, negotiating with players during the year, scouting during the year, etc.

Can someone please help me understand the impact some of these things have on my experience if I skip over them?

Do I really need to manually upgrade my players each week? What if I just auto upgrade after each game - what is the downside of that?

Do I need to do training (practice) before every game? Is it necessary for proper development of my team/players? Is there a way to skip it while still getting the player boost or whatever this mode does?

Do I need to negotiate with my players during the season or can I have the computer do this for me? Same with scouting for the draft…is this something I can have the cpu simulate for me?

Again my goal is to just play the games and to be able to have the computer simulate all of the extra stuff without losing out on my players progressing appropriately or generating a realistic gameplay experience.

I’m starting to feel really old playing Madden. I’ve been playing Madden since 1990 and I can’t seem to keep up with all of the changes/additions and just feel overwhelmed with them all. I understand EA is trying to create as realistic an experience as possible but sometimes I wish we could go back to the simplicity of playing madden on Sega Genesis.

thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 09:59 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Help - Limited time to play

I am 46 and still enjoy the game. Maybe more because I have to rely on knowledge more than stick skills now. As I get older my expectations for a knowledge based approach over an arcade game become more demanding. I have a wife and three kids so I understand the time constraints. I can message board all day about it at work but getting a game in is hard. You can do play the moments to get through more games but the real solution is ea creating the app so that everything except playing the game can be done on your phone. That is how it shoud be done in 2016. I shoud be able to spend my xp while sitting on the toilet. There is so much more they could do to improve the game. It seems like they need twice the staff. Sometimes they act as if it is two guys in their mom's basement running the game instead of a billion dollar enterprise. I know we would have an app if their was competition. Lack of competition kills creativity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »