Home

Madden 18 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on Madden 18 wishlist thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2016, 09:39 PM   #1
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 18 wishlist thread

Dunno if this is too early or not, but I'm gonna start it. I just wanna say that while Madden 17 is a great game, arguably the best sports game of all time imo, there are some things that I'd like to see added.

1. Pass rush/line play. Needs to be more realistic, has gotten better tho.
2. QB AI. Guys need to scramble, take a few more shots deep. This has also improved, the cpu does go deep a decent amount.
3. Custom gameplans/playbooks for the cpu. We should be able to assign them.
4. More varied regression in franchise. Some (rare) guys should stay in their prime until their early 30s.
5. Better relocation options in franchise.
6. Better scouting, combine numbers are nice but I don't like the top 3 attribute system.
7. Ability to see box scores, league leaders, award winners, and HOF career stats from your franchise. Was in 12.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Last edited by rich8682; 09-04-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden 18 wishlist thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Dunno if this is too early or not, but I'm gonna start it. I just wanna say that while Madden 17 is a great game, arguably the best sports game of all time imo, there are some things that I'd like to see added.
To pick this up and add to it... please understand that I am going to be brutally honest... Mods, I am NOT trying to pick any fights, I just want to see the most complete and best game... That said, let's get started...

1: As it currently is, EA makes this game for 5 minute quarters. I get it... on-line play is 5 minute quarters, however there are tons of us who only play off-line dynasty and play 15 minute quarters, or 13 minutes, or 12 or 10, and with the CPU always hiking the ball between 25-30 seconds on the play clock, it makes the game totally unrealistic as I always win the Time Of Possession Battle 44 minutes to 16, or 43 to 17. And that's with Accelerated Clock ON!!!

Simply recode the CPU to understand quarter lengths and work according to that. This past weekend I watched some games on You Tube... one team went on a 19 play, 80 yard drive that took 10:39 off the clock. That would NEVER happen in Madden, unless I did it. This needs to change!

And without this, it totally kills the Immersion factor...

2: You guys claim to have the Run & Shoot offense in the game, but you only have - at best - a handful of plays. Suggestion... get with June Jones, former University Of Hawaii and SMU coach - who also coached in the NFL with the Falcons, and learn the offense from him.

It's not a lot of plays, but learn the entire playbook from Jones, then install it in the game. With the QB under center doing his half rolls to the right and left and in the Shot-Gun... this would be crucial with the changing to a new gaming system this next year.

Shovel Pass... it is a staple in the Run & Shoot and is in darn near every offense in real life, yet it isn't in Madden unless you want to fake a FG. Why? Put a QB in Shot-Gun and let the Shovel Pass live... it's about time...

Old 09-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Harped on about it before but GM mode needs to be deeper, we need player morale and team chemistry.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #4
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

1. Line play: need a true pocket, and bring back the ability to steer when engaged.

2. Contextual awareness for defenders. Stop having defenders get stuck on other players while they are blocking, stop having defenders trip over downed bodies and take themselves completely out of the play.

3. CFM coaching carousel. Let me start as coordinator and EARN my first head coach gig.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #5
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

1. Coaching Carousel. This includes having offense, defense, and special teams coordinators.

2. QB AI needs to be improved. I see the cpu just throw the ball away on 4th down late in the 4th quarter. The ones who are fast need to scramble and gain yards if no one is around them and every one is covered. Also the ones who aren't that fast should at least move around in the pocket to avoid the sack.

3. Player morale system as well as team chemistry in CFM.

4. Improved cpu play calling.

5. The option to have open/closed roofs on the stadiums that allow it. Playing a play now game with the roof in the Houston Texans stadium open looks great but then when you go into a game in CFM it's always closed. We should just have the option to set the roof to open or closed. We don't need to change the time of day or what kind of weather it is.

6. Ability to pick your team captains. This is a small feature but I used to like having the option in the old games to pick who my captains were.

Will post more later if I think of anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Just allow me to switch sides in franchise mode and I'll pay $90 for the game.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2016, 12:09 PM   #7
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

Historical stat tracking in franchise mode. Please.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Would like to echo better QB AI... Had a game in broadcast where Cam Newton threw 13 passes away and never once scrambled, very disheartening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »