Home

Madden NFL 17 Video-Big Decisions (MoonlightSwami)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video-Big Decisions (MoonlightSwami) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 06:27 AM   #9
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video-Big Decisions (MoonlightSwami)

Why isn't this in online head 2 head? If users want to play with a guy that's injured in real life there should be an attribute penalty for doing so.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I just don't get why you can play them more hurt with two weeks left but if you choose not to, you can't bring them back the next week even though they'd be even more healthy. What if you're in the playoffs? I guess you could choose for him to play and then just start the other player regardless but then you don't get your arbitrary Double XP even though making the exact same decision that they're proposing. The big decision should be whether or not he's active that week with another big decision for him to be active the next week IMO.
It's all design choice. Every off field abstraction taken in CFM is an arcade abstraction. I'm not really surprised by this at all. It follows the direction CFM has gone since M13.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:35 PM   #11
Rookie

Yazan Gable's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Why isn't this in online head 2 head? If users want to play with a guy that's injured in real life there should be an attribute penalty for doing so.
Because online head to head people probably aren't concerned about the whims of sim people to have representation across the board to be as sim as possible. The majority of the fans who play the game are not hardcore sim people and when they play online head to head they want the best example of the team.

In addition, considering this is still a video game, putting risk/reward aspects to decision making makes sense for making the game more interesting/enjoyable. If I am playing against the Rams pass rush and my options are to either use mediocre (hurt) Zack Martin or garbage A.J. Cann and the game has shown itself to be challenging enough for this to be a concern, then I might actually have to think about it when it comes to the effect it will have on the running and passing game. The same when a receiving corp that has one good player and a lot of mediocre players loses the star wide receiver, I have to decide if I want to risk the good player or try to play with a butterfingers receiving corp.

Getting rewarded for making the choice that makes the games more challenging makes sense. And if that player performances exceptionally, then it replicates the Allen Hurns/Stefon Diggs/Malcolm Butler/Chris Matthews thing where a previous unknown suddenly has the chance to be a starter. To give an example: playing with Raiders, my best receiver Amari Cooper got hurt for a few weeks. This make the entire receiving corp slide up and I started using Seth Roberts in Amari's role. he got about a thousand yards in 3/4 weeks. End of season, invest the points, he's still a mid-bottom tier receiver according to OVR and his skills. If in real life a player suddenly surged for that many yards in such a short time he might become a starter, or he might become a one year wonder. In Madden 16 he's likely to be a one year wonder that no one would have interest in. In Madden 17, with the risk/reward of trusting the backup to take their place, it's possible Seth Roberts' breakout few weeks can lead to a starting position because of the double experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 01:56 PM   #12
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
Because online head to head people probably aren't concerned about the whims of sim people to have representation across the board to be as sim as possible. The majority of the fans who play the game are not hardcore sim people and when they play online head to head they want the best example of the team.

In addition, considering this is still a video game, putting risk/reward aspects to decision making makes sense for making the game more interesting/enjoyable. If I am playing against the Rams pass rush and my options are to either use mediocre (hurt) Zack Martin or garbage A.J. Cann and the game has shown itself to be challenging enough for this to be a concern, then I might actually have to think about it when it comes to the effect it will have on the running and passing game. The same when a receiving corp that has one good player and a lot of mediocre players loses the star wide receiver, I have to decide if I want to risk the good player or try to play with a butterfingers receiving corp.

Getting rewarded for making the choice that makes the games more challenging makes sense. And if that player performances exceptionally, then it replicates the Allen Hurns/Stefon Diggs/Malcolm Butler/Chris Matthews thing where a previous unknown suddenly has the chance to be a starter. To give an example: playing with Raiders, my best receiver Amari Cooper got hurt for a few weeks. This make the entire receiving corp slide up and I started using Seth Roberts in Amari's role. he got about a thousand yards in 3/4 weeks. End of season, invest the points, he's still a mid-bottom tier receiver according to OVR and his skills. If in real life a player suddenly surged for that many yards in such a short time he might become a starter, or he might become a one year wonder. In Madden 16 he's likely to be a one year wonder that no one would have interest in. In Madden 17, with the risk/reward of trusting the backup to take their place, it's possible Seth Roberts' breakout few weeks can lead to a starting position because of the double experience.
Shame that this is just accepted - shouldn't be the case. 2k enforces real injuries - why can't Madden? Heck basketball is even more of an individualized sport as well!?
Old 08-16-2016, 04:23 PM   #13
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm happy we can finally set season goals for players. The following is a post I made 2 years ago. Sorry for the way it looks. I could not quote the post, probably because the thread was closed so I had to copy and paste it.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:02 PM #140

kcchiefs1984

Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

Re: Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

I would like to be able to set the goals for the players prior to the season. Tie production and subsequently, progression into the realization of the goals set in place. I'll use a rb for example. Going into the season you plan on him being the focal point of the offense. You set the expectations at 250+ carries, or 1200 yards. If he meets the selected goal, he earns 100% of the progression set with the chosen goal, 10,000 xp to use a random number. If he gets 200 carries he earns 80%. This would create scenarios where guys are meeting / not meeting expectations.

Production could tie in where meeting the goal he would finish the season with a production rating of 100. At the beginning of season 2 he would start the season with the rating at 50. Split the production earned per season in half after each season. So year two is another successful campaign, 100% production, 50% gained in season, so now his off season production rating is at 75. He is becoming a reliably productive player. A couple more seasons like that and he finishes out his rookie contract progressing nicely and with an overall production rating in the 90's. He is now a highly rated, consistently productive free agent.

This would be a way of establishing core players. You would need to gamble on high expectations for better progression and set reasonable expectations for others players.

Gman 18, msdm27, SiNsinNatti and 1 others like this.

kcchiefs1984 is online now Report Post
Old 08-16-2016, 05:06 PM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs1984
I'm happy we can finally set season goals for players. The following is a post I made 2 years ago. Sorry for the way it looks. I could not quote the post, probably because the thread was closed so I had to copy and paste it.
A point of clarification: you only get to set your player's season goal if you are playing as a player. If you are playing as a coach or an owner, the season goals for the players on your roster remains immutable.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:27 PM   #15
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
A point of clarification: you only get to set your player's season goal if you are playing as a player. If you are playing as a coach or an owner, the season goals for the players on your roster remains immutable.
And now I'm having a Christmas Vacation style meltdown in my head so my kids don't think I'm a maniac. That's disappointing. How difficult would it be to implement this for players under an owner mode cfm? So frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »