Home

Madden 17 Off Site Review Thread

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Off Site Review Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #49
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: UPROXX.com: Madden 17 Review

Ign review says the same thing about the commentary. He didn't like it either.

Sent using a telephone
Old 08-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #50
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: UPROXX.com: Madden 17 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm confused why he said in the opening of the article:

This is quality football, and dare I say the best representation of the sport ever. Yes, NFL 2K fans, it’s time to just let it go.

At the end of the article:

It’s just nothing revolutionary to the genre.

Best representation of the sport ever vs nothing revolutionary?

Can you have it both ways?

I'm not saying there is anything revolutionary in Madden, some reviewers are saying commentary is, but to say it's the best representation of the sport ever, 2k fans, let it go, and then say nothing revolutionary to the genre seems a bit contradictory, in my opinion.

Ahh, ok...I get you.

I don't think it's contradictory though. You don't have to be revolutionary to be the best. Revolutionary isn't really a statement of quality, but of innovation. If nothing in the game is new or innovative, but is all done better than it's been done before, that would make it the best, despite not being "revolutionary" in any way.

Anyway, I get where you're coming from now.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 17 Video Review by FranchisePlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Excellent review, but he contradicted himself by giving such a low score. That was the only unbalance thing about it. Like you guys, I'm concerned about certain issues, but not others. I'm especially in agreement with regards to customization, where I'm indifferent on MUT for example.
I don't think he contradicted himself at all by the score. To me, the score wasn't low for the game he was reviewing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #52
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: We Got This Covered: Madden 17 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Stopped reading after reviewer saying Madden 16/17 was king of it's genre. Sounds a bit biased. My opinion is Madden is still trying to catch NBA2K in game quality
maybe the genre he meant was football video games?
Old 08-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
That's seems like a pretty narrow genre. I mean NFL2K or any other competition hasn't been around for over a decade. So the guy is essentially comparing Madden to the "Madden Genre".

I think a more applicable genre comparison would be with other AAA team oriented sports video games. Don't you?
Old 08-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 17 Video Review by FranchisePlay

I commend Rex and his team for their efforts over the last few years. It is clear they have a passion for making Madden a top tier sports game again, and that is something I think we've been missing for a while. (I believe Ian was passionate, but his hands were tied and they suffered from a lack of direction)

Rex has added a lot of missing pieces/fundamentals to gameplay over the last few years. There is no doubt he understands football and is doing everything he can to replicate the sport. With that said, Madden has been handcuffed by the atrocious ANIMATION/LOCOMOTION engine that was implemented in 06' for the XBOX360 launch. For the life of me I cannot understand why it is now 10 years later and the game has still not improved in this area.

Madden will not be able to take the next step until the ANIMATION and LOCOMOTION engine are completely overhauled. The running animations and the way players move is similar to what an old Sega Genesis football game would look like. Considering how beautiful the graphics are in "still shots", it makes it even more jarring to see how bad it looks in motion.

REX- I believe in you, and I know you are doing everything you can to fix where past development teams have dropped the ball. You really need to sell to the suits at EA that they need to provide the funding and resources to completely overhaul the archaic animation/movement engine. Madden was the gold standard of sports videogames from the early 90's to 2005. I'd like to see this game return to those glory days.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #55
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Stopped reading after reviewer saying Madden 16/17 was king of it's genre. Sounds a bit biased. My opinion is Madden is still trying to catch NBA2K in game quality (Just my opinion)

The other review (the video review) seemed much more reliable.
Madden 16 is decent but defense was horrible because of zone coverage. AC is overpowered
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
i suppose if i lived on a deserted island all alone, i'd declare myself king as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »