Home

Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

Once again we bring to you a place where you can ask questions about strategy/schemes/concepts or just general football knowledge to users who may have a bit more expertise than you. Madden can be an extremely deep game that has added a plethora of new game mechanics/systems and this is the perfect place to upgrade your football knowledge for the gridiron.

I'll start with one of the most import ~3 hours of Madden 17 you may watch when starting off. It's long, but there is a TON of info on the a lot of the new gameplay systems (including Anthony White spinning your head on new zone coverages).

Start at 5:28:00 and goes until about 8:24:00

https://www.twitch.tv/easports/v/84129843

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 09:37 AM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

Teach me how to play defense!!. I'm getting abused by TEs, even if I manually put a corner in man to man on one they simply can't keep up and get burned by every route.

Getting off blocks in the run game especially feels very sticky. It's like once a blocker gets close to me I have no chance to shed. It's lead to a ton of huge runs for my oppenent.

Zone defense, hard flats are still giving up wide open passes to the flat. What am I doing wrong?
Old 08-19-2016, 07:31 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Teach me how to play defense!!. I'm getting abused by TEs, even if I manually put a corner in man to man on one they simply can't keep up and get burned by every route.

Getting off blocks in the run game especially feels very sticky. It's like once a blocker gets close to me I have no chance to shed. It's lead to a ton of huge runs for my oppenent.

Zone defense, hard flats are still giving up wide open passes to the flat. What am I doing wrong?
Cover 3 safety purple. Man up the player you want to user on the TE. Use your coverage adjustments: underneath, inside, outside. Best way to get off blocks is to control someone with good strength and block shed. Also if you control a blitzing player will get better block shed. Quick hits to the RB out of shotgun can be slowed down by putting a LB in man against him then fake blitz: this player you man him up with must be on the line or outside your tackles. Fake blitz will make your player take two steps up getting closer to the RB.

Last edited by KyGamerLT; 08-19-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Here's EA's page with downloadable manuals

MANUALS

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-20-2016, 01:50 AM   #5
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
For last year, you had to adjust to underneath coverage in order to actually cover the flats. Otherwise, your flat defenders would drop 10 yards deep.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 06:27 AM   #6
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

Is there any online guides or the likes that can show me what the most important individual attributes for each player type in CFM? I don't mind making a guide like that myself, but as of now I don't have enough knowledge of every player type in every position to do so. Maybe we could start a new thread for discussing it and coming up with a guide together but I just wanted to ask if such a thing already exists before doing so.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:19 PM   #7
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

How can i make my CPU defenders play better MAN coverage? Much like the first question here, regardless of the TE's route, he just destroys whoever's covering him. Same thing with wide recievers; Corner routes & drag routes kill me.

I thought Man defense in Madden was terrible since the ignite engine came in Madden 13, but I'm beginning to think it's just been me this whole time.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:38 PM   #8
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
How can i make my CPU defenders play better MAN coverage? Much like the first question here, regardless of the TE's route, he just destroys whoever's covering him. Same thing with wide recievers; Corner routes & drag routes kill me.

I thought Man defense in Madden was terrible since the ignite engine came in Madden 13, but I'm beginning to think it's just been me this whole time.
Which team are you using? I'm finding that bad secondaries play as they should. Dolphins CBs are trash and I can't cover anybody.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »