Home

City/Skyline Shots in Game

This is a discussion on City/Skyline Shots in Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2017, 12:51 AM   #1
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2
City/Skyline Shots in Game

It's a common theme to show city skylines or historical exterior shots of cities in sports gaming now. The NHL and MLB The Show Series do it and NBA 2k17 upgraded from 2k16 by adding more city skyline/historical sights. It would be cool if Madden would do it as well. For example on a night game before the start of the second quarter they can show great exterior shots of the city and same for daytime games as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #2
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: City/Skyline Shots in Game

I think Madden 18 will have them as they how off the exterior of the stadiums. My thing is will they have more than one intro.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:16 AM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I hope so. It'd be a nice element of presentation to have a couple of different monuments from each city rendered in-game for quarter breaks mixed in with the blimp shots as well. I know back in the early 2000's they used to always show the giant shuttlecock in KC during Chiefs games as well as a building downtown that would have the lights on in the form of a Chiefs logo.

With as often as they can get Gaudin and Davis in they could also talk about each one. It's a little thing but it would go a long way with presentation plus it's a reusable asset so there's be no reason to get rid of them and they could just keep adding to them.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I hope so. It'd be a nice element of presentation to have a couple of different monuments from each city rendered in-game for quarter breaks mixed in with the blimp shots as well. I know back in the early 2000's they used to always show the giant shuttlecock in KC during Chiefs games as well as a building downtown that would have the lights on in the form of a Chiefs logo.

With as often as they can get Gaudin and Davis in they could also talk about each one. It's a little thing but it would go a long way with presentation plus it's a reusable asset so there's be no reason to get rid of them and they could just keep adding to them.

Yeah, those types of things can add good talking points for the commentators. I think they're finally there with commentary that they could/would add stuff like this. Having played FIFA for years, I've heard some AMAZING long stories about some of the stadiums. Playing with a friend who I used to have epic games against, we both had moments where we would be intensely battling on the pitch, and suddenly realize the commentators were talking about some historical events in Spain and how the stadium was built or whatnot, and we had to pause the game and say, 'what in the world did they just say? That was like a 5 min dialogue on the history of the stadium. Holy crap!!' I mean, they literally sounded like they had a million talking points. Madden's commentary was leaps ahead of where it was in prior years. But, yeah, adding stories about the city, the history of the team, etc, is always nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2017, 09:42 AM   #5
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

I remember EASports doing this in the late 90s with their Triple Play series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #6
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

A good way to do this is after the first quarter they show a live exterior shot of the city skyline/historical sights if it's a day game and at halftime show a nighttime shot.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #7
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Def a cool element to add. Other games have done it in the past and it really adds to the authenticity of the presentation. The problem for me is I skip after maybe seeing each one once or twice lol.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:06 PM   #8
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Madden 12 had this. So it seems stadium exterior shots come back every couple years. Agree that they hopefully have more than one shot. Looking forward to the presentation blogs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »