Home

Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-22-2016, 01:14 AM   #793
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Everytime I try to play the training or a pre-season game in offline CFM, Madden completely crashes and closes the application. Does this happen to anyone else?

Last edited by theblasterkid; 12-22-2016 at 01:16 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:37 AM   #794
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Bug (Be Specific): When selecting a play by type, the header doesn't match the play list, i.e. it will say "Inside Run" while the plays shown will be Outside run.

Game Mode Experienced In: Gameplay

Can you reproduce it? How?: Well it happens quite frequently so it's only a matter of time.

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media):
I don't know how to save screenshots, plus it's not an on-field thing anyway.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:40 AM   #795
Pro

servo75's Arena

Bug (Be Specific): Commentators will call the two minute warning twice. Also they will make the wrong call on replays. The replay may have been overturned but the commentary says the ruling was upheld.

Game Mode Experienced In: game play

Can you reproduce it? How?: Happens on its own often enough.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2016, 01:22 AM   #796
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Bug (Be Specific): My fullback's name is Joey Fiata. Every time he gets a carry or catch, announcers refer to him as "Ozzie Newsome" or "The Hall of Famer, Ozzie Newsome." I change his name but it doesn't change the audio.

Game Mode Experienced In: CFM

Can you reproduce it? How?: every time he has a play to him (if they call out a name)

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media):[/quote] None

Oddly, he's the only CPU created player (drafted) that gets audio. Every other player I have drafted gets no audio regarding their name. For example, a long run with Ezekiel Elliott gets "Ezekiel Elliott, gonna take it the distance!!"

my rookie backup Mark Blake just gets "and he's gonna score!" Never says any CPU created player's names...which is annoying as F***

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #797
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Bug (Be Specific): My fullback's name is Joey Fiata. Every time he gets a carry or catch, announcers refer to him as "Ozzie Newsome" or "The Hall of Famer, Ozzie Newsome." I change his name but it doesn't change the audio.

Can you reproduce it? How?: every time he has a play to him (if they call out a name)

None

Oddly, he's the only CPU created player (drafted) that gets audio. Every other player I have drafted gets no audio regarding their name. For example, a long run with Ezekiel Elliott gets "Ezekiel Elliott, gonna take it the distance!!"

my rookie backup Mark Blake just gets "and he's gonna score!" Never says any CPU created player's names...which is annoying as F***[/quote]

weird bc my rookie running back after year 2 name is peavy and he also has been called newsome by the commentators
Old 12-25-2016, 10:44 AM   #798
Rookie

Shanester's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1
Ok, So this keeps happening to me and i'm at the end of my patience...In CFM offline I watch the game and sometimes it sticks or freezes during a match and I have to close the application and open it again. it carries on from the freeze point which is great, but...I loose all the stats for my interceptions, once I had a rookie on a 3 interception game and lost that of course. Some times when I continue with the game I found out that I am now in charge of the opposite team not mine... Quite often the direction of play has changed and also the momentum of the game too. Some times this can happen twice in 1 game and than at the end of the game it will freeze again and the entire game does not count at all and has to be replayed...One average this 'freeze' seems to happened in in about 1 game out of 3. I really love this game, but I'm so angry at this fault, it's really ruining it for me. not sure if i'm going to continue playing or even buy the game again. :-(

Does this happen to anyone else and is there a way around it?
Yep, I have this exact issue as well. I play "slow sim" style. Super frustrating.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:42 AM   #799
Rookie

wutthedeuce's Arena

Bug (Be Specific): Penalties, clipping in this case, being called without committing infraction.

Can you reproduce it? No, but it's still gamebreaking.

Video/Picture of Bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XlEmne8Q08

The call should have never occurred as Dawson never committed a clipping penalty which ended up costing me a 50 yard punt return and great field position. He was the one who actually got hit in the back, but the game called the penalty on him rather than the player that actually committed the penalty. This was the first I had ever seen this happen. I will be monitoring clipping calls closely and will update if it keeps happening.

EDIT: The very next game I played this happened again on a kick return I took back for a TD. Seems clipping penalties are broken. I might just turn them off for good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3lbhu82lLs

Last edited by wutthedeuce; 12-27-2016 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Update...
Old 12-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #800
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutthedeuce
Bug (Be Specific): Penalties, clipping in this case, being called without committing infraction.

Can you reproduce it? No, but it's still gamebreaking.

Video/Picture of Bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XlEmne8Q08

The call should have never occurred as Dawson never committed a clipping penalty which ended up costing me a 50 yard punt return and great field position. He was the one who actually got hit in the back, but the game called the penalty on him rather than the player that actually committed the penalty. This was the first I had ever seen this happen. I will be monitoring clipping calls closely and will update if it keeps happening.

I've also had this happen a few times while controlling a defender. It's the defender trying to shed a block(user x button) only to push him over and they call a penalty on them. Not game breaking as bad calls should happen IMO but it's weird to see it happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »