Home

Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-09-2017, 12:34 PM   #817
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Every once in awhile when I'm playing a game, this BS happens to me:

I'm running a hurry-up offense. I get to the line and audible my play. It's a designed pass play. The ball is snapped to me and no passing icons come up and my quarterback just gets crushed -- it's happened three times overall and it's been a fumble all three times.

Can anyone tell me WTF this happens? It's killed me in key spots twice and I'm trying to figure out how to avoid this.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:08 AM   #818
Rookie

OVR: 2

So when I play online on PS4, when at the play selection screen scrolling through the plays is very slow. I will press up, down, left, or right and it takes it a second or two to respond. This only happens in online games and only at the play call screen. There is no lag in the game, and my opponent has no problems with their play calling. If I call a TO, the paly calling will return to normal but only for the next play and then back to sluggish. I am using the Denver Offensive playbook and the Cleveland Browns Defensive playbook so no customs. It is making it very hard to choose a play during the time allotted. I also play on XBOX one but have never had this problem. Anyone know a fix for this? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #819
Xbox Series X

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

XBox One
(This is perhaps an isolated instance, but thought i'd throw it out)

Bug (Be Specific): OT Game Freeze.
I was finishing a game i started on Sunday. Week 8, Year 2 of my CFM. I had started the remaining game from just after kickoff in the 3rd quarter.

Once the game ended, it went into the OT game, Charles Davis explained the OT rules, and then the game froze, the sound was working fine, and the picture was panning around like normal.

I then quit the game, shut down my Xbox, and restarted. I found that my game was again saved, and ready for me to play OT. when going back into the game, there were 7 seconds left of the clock, they ticked down to zero, and then the game went into OT mode. Charles Davis, again explained the OT rules, then Freeze again, as described above.

I tried the restart procedure 3 more times before giving up. All the same result. Game continuing with 7 seconds left on the clock, the time ticks off, Davis explains the rules, Freeze.

Anyhow, like i said it's probably isolated, the difference being, it looks like i'll have to replay the game.

Game Mode Experienced In: Solo Online CFM

Can you reproduce it? How?: Uncertain

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media): N/A

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 01-12-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:00 PM   #820
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Bug (Be Specific): Game crashes when doing weekly training, only if I play one side and sim the other. Such as, play offense but sim defense.

Game Mode Experienced In: CFM

Can you reproduce it? How?: about 50% of the time I do weekly training (often sim it)

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media): none

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #821
Rookie

corpkid12's Arena

OVR: 2

Bug (Be Specific): In CFM on PS4, my DT should be leading the league in sacks. When you look at the players stats by team, it shows he has 15, when you look at it and sort by the whole NFL, he doesn't show up on the list.

Game Mode Experienced In: CFM

Can you reproduce it? How?: Not sure, there are actually several players not showing up in the sort by NFL stats

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media): N/A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 09:16 PM   #822
Rookie

Matthew25x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
BUG.. GAME KILLER, PS4

FRANCHISE MODE, CPU vs CPU, Play of the moment mode.

If for some reason, the game will have a DELAY OF GAME penalty against the CPU team. The game freezes each time. You can not exit, you can't do anything except close application. And once again when the game saves, When you return to the game, you are now controlling the other team..

I can't reproduce it, because it does not always happen, But when it does, it is always the same. it happened maybe 6 out of 15 or so games so far. VERY FRUSTRATING. The last game had only 8 seconds to go when CPU was deciding to punt or kick FG. They never called a play, Ref called Delay of game and then it just sets there.. EVERY SINGLE TIME IT HAPPENS.
I'm having the same issue. I will add that this has also happened to me on kickoffs following a score. It IS very frustrating because sometimes it won't even resume, it will just freeze once it goes to the loading screen. I want to try a full career in the slow (spectator) mode, but now I have to sim games from the main CFM menu since I can't even get through 1 matchup without this happening.

Last edited by Matthew25x; 01-13-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #823
Pro

OVR: 3

Bug: The game freezes and then crashes during offline CFM while trying to load up a game. This only happens with specific teams, for some reason. I've had it happen to me using both The Texans & The Buccaneers, so far. When using these two teams, this happens %100 of the time. It's pissing me off and is the major reason why I stopped playing this game for so long. Amazing how this issue hasn't been fixed yet. And I don't mean "amazing" in a good way. And I'm on Xbox One.

Game mode experienced in: I just told you, Offline CFM.

Can you reproduce it?: ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT OF THE TIME WHEN USING THE BUCS & THE TEXANS.

Can you take a video of it?: Of the freezing load screen and then the black screen, and then being sent back to the dashboard automatically? No, I don't have those capabilities yet. Call me cheap.

This freaking blows, because I'm a fan of taking sorry teams and turning them into champions, I was really looking forward to starting with Jameis & the Bucs. But when I was met with the same crash, I felt like pulling my hair out. You can add the Lions to that list. That's three teams now.

Last edited by NYBorn81; 01-15-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #824
Just started!

I'm having a huge issue with controlling the movement of my player. On offense it is so frustrating! I will be running forward and the player will suddenly stop or hesitate or all together freak out. Tried to upload a video but the OS app wouldn't let me. Is anyone else having this issue?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »