Home

Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #281
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

I don't know if it's necessarily a glitch or a bug but the head sizes of some of the players are gigantic. Ryan Fitzpatrick has the biggest head in the game. He looks like a bobble-head and it makes his body looks completely tiny in comparison. It was like that last year but I thought it would be fixed. Anyone know if the developers can look into that? Or is there something that we can do in the game to change that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 01:17 PM   #282
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
I'm not sure that it really happens everytime. I think I had some sack fumbles where the player gets credited with the sack. But I'm not sure.

Does anybody knows whether the devs are informed about this bug?
It ruins the sack and fumble numbers.

I'm astonished that this bug isn't reported more often here at OS. It's an CFM breaker in my opinion. It only can be fixed if the devs are aware that this bug exists.
reported it last season. IIRC, i recall someone saying that it occurs this way because as soon as a QB starts to "run" the game re-classifies the QB as a runner and therefore not a QB so he can't be sacked.

not sure if this is true but it kinda makes sense. sorta.

either way, i've played around 30 games and if lost maybe five "sacks" because the QB fumbled.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:17 PM   #283
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
I don't know if it's necessarily a glitch or a bug but the head sizes of some of the players are gigantic. Ryan Fitzpatrick has the biggest head in the game. He looks like a bobble-head and it makes his body looks completely tiny in comparison. It was like that last year but I thought it would be fixed. Anyone know if the developers can look into that? Or is there something that we can do in the game to change that?
harvard = big head.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #284
MVP

OVR: 9

I've reported this bug almost every year for over 8 years, but here goes again:

Bug (Be Specific):

Clock management, stamina, and roster management in SuperSim does not work. It is improved this year, but still, not enough time runs off the clock in SuperSim and you end up getting way more plays than you should in a game. I play 12minute quarters with accelerated clock, and I decided to do a "Play the Moments" game today against the Bills. Because the clock does not run realistic, it produced a 48-carry day for LeSean McCoy. This is the norm, not an exception.

I've reported this clock bug every year since SuperSim was introduced around Madden '08 or 09, whenever that was. It is slightly better, you don't get any 0:04 second running plays or 0:16sec incomplete passes anymore, but it still produces too many plays.

This could also be indicative that stamina is continually not right in SuperSim mode. In previous Maddens, SuperSim would not accurately simulate a player's stamina returning to them while in SuperSim. E.g., if your RB had 60% stamina at the end of a typical drive (e.g., not supersim) and then you SuperSimmed the defensive side of the ball, when you got the ball back, your RB would continue to have 60% stamina. This could have either been because SuperSim did not accurately compute stamina returning OR that because the clock was broken, only a few seconds would run off between plays so stamina wouldn't be restored.

But in any event, in M'17, in Play the Moments / SuperSim, it seems like players do not lose stamina. LeSean McCoy in this particular game had close to 50 carries (see the screenshot below), and several drives with 10 straight 4-6 yard runs (actually, a ton of 5 yard and 4 yard runs). On one drive, 12 out of the 13 plays were 4 - 5 yard runs by McCoy. So, either stamina is not depleting, or it is and the game isn't accounting for it.

Game Mode Experienced In:

Franchise mode using "Play the Moments" or any other mode using SuperSim

Can you reproduce it? How?:

Go into any mode and use SuperSim

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media):

Last edited by Rebel10; 08-28-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:42 PM   #285
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
reported it last season. IIRC, i recall someone saying that it occurs this way because as soon as a QB starts to "run" the game re-classifies the QB as a runner and therefore not a QB so he can't be sacked.

not sure if this is true but it kinda makes sense. sorta.

either way, i've played around 30 games and if lost maybe five "sacks" because the QB fumbled.

This means it won't get patched because it's by purpose?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #286
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

I turned off Pre Snap Menu for a game. Now when I turn it back on it won't show up. Same with Coaching Tips. Any suggestions?
Old 08-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #287
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

On Xbone, game will randomly freeze sometimes when trying to save or load a franchise, or when going in and out the schemes menu.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #288
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
This means it won't get patched because it's by purpose?
don't know. doubt it gets patched. but i'm not overly sure how accurate that explanation is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »