Home

Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-31-2016, 11:14 AM   #345
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatic77
Not a bug, don't call a motion play and you will have time to chew the clock
In previous versions (not sure how many years ago), if the play clock was to low for your motion player to complete their motion, then the ball would be snapped without any motion.

I wish they had tap X (or A) to start motion and a second tap X (or A) to snap the ball. Alternatively, like with the kicking/punting, hold X (or A) to start motion & release to snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 01:28 PM   #346
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4

Bug: Coach XP not given after game goal.

Game Mode Experienced In: Online Franchise

Can you reproduce it?: I guess? I played a game (which I won, thank you very much) where one of my coach's goals was to win the turnover battle. In the game there were two turnovers; caused by me. After the game, my coach was given his first two goals (win the game, rush yards), but for the turnover goal, it showed no turnovers. I checked the box score and they were there. Just a little quirk.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:30 PM   #347
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bug: Plays called from Custom offensive playbook incorrectly put team in Punt Formation regardless of Down

Game Mode Exprienced in CFM and Play Now

Can you reproduce it It happens every game and it seems to happen when selecting some plays. Not sure which ones.
I Created an offensive custom play book using the 49ers book as a base.

I rated every play in my gameplan half star as this is believed to make Coach Suggestions offer more diverse plays and I use Coach Suggestions to call my plays.

However, 2 or 3 times a game I will call a play and it will immediately put my team in a punt formation, even on 1st or 2nd down. The commentators even joke about it. I then have to call timeout and I can select a new play that doesn't glitch. It seems random.

Also, sometimes when I audible my whole team will bunch up and face the sideline. If I try to hike it the referee calls offsides.

Both these instances are very bizarre and only when I use my custom play book.

Anyone else seen this? Any solutions? Can it be patched?

Edit: It seems to happen with other custom play books. I just downloaded one and it repeated the Glitch

Last edited by toneloc129; 08-31-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:33 PM   #348
Rookie

WackZ1LLA's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnymac11
Anybody else still having issues with this? I deleted all my CFM files and started a new one and still had the same problem. If I skip the training and try to play the game it just ends up freezing on that loading screen.

Has anyone found any other solutions other than just simming all of week 1? Isnt the same problem just going to happen in week 2?

This is getting super frustrating. Let me know if you guys have found alternative solutions.....thanks!
Try picking your players first, and then pick the type of offense you want to focus on and then the type of defense. I haven't had any problems doing it this way. It did happen to me before where it froze, and I thought it was because of multiple saves, but lately I have multiple CFM's running with no problems. Check it out.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:16 PM   #349
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Bug (Be Specific): No Annouincers

Game Mode Experienced In: CFM

Can you reproduce it? How?: Just no announcer.

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media):
I got what looked like (It went fast) a commentary update file. Now I have no commentating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Here is the fix for this.

1. From the XB1 Menu go to settings.
2. Select Display and Sound.
3. Select Audio Output.
4. Select HDMI or Optical.
5. Select Stereo Uncompressed.
Is there a similar workaround for the PS4, this has happened twice to me so far. Last time I had to delete and re-install the game (digital copy) to get the commentators back.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:06 PM   #350
Rookie

Bug (Be Specific):
In online games, when on offense it will often not take any controller input. I have to pause the game and continue in order to be able to pick a play
Game Mode Experienced In:
Online matches
Can you reproduce it? How?:
Happens 5-6 times every game
Old 08-31-2016, 03:11 PM   #351
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Haven't been following the thread so sorry if this has been mentioned a bunch or something but if you use a custom playbook there doesn't seem to be a way to have a "Shotgun" formation; they all get dumped into "Hail Mary." Doesn't really effect much except that the announcers consistently ramble on about hail mary's when I score a TD off a pass from shotgun.

PS4, CFM. Yes can reproduce, happens all the time.
Always been the case. If the base PB you use to create the custom doesn't have a Shotgun formation already, then any shotgun plays go into Hail Mary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 03:33 PM   #352
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Bug (Be Specific):

XBox 1 says that it recorded a clip of a TD automatically but can't seem to access it. Not sure where it gets saved to

Game Mode Experienced In:
Offline and possibly Online

Can you reproduce it? How?:
Everytime I score a TD or have a good play and the notification pops up
Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »