Home

Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #545
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by APC77002

As soon as year 1 in a franchise mode is complete, the schedule generated for the remainder of the franchise doesn't have the required logic to make it realistic.

For instance, you will often start a season with 4 or 5 home games in a row, followed by 4 or 5 road games in a row.

In real life, no team plays more than 2 weeks in a row at home or on the road. Ever. When they do, its only because of an outlier one off situation (like a team is going through renovations and it won't be ready till week 4).

I imagine that its difficult to create logic that produces perfect schedules. Even the NFL itself would have to manually make adjustments after their own algorithm spits out a schedule at first.

--------------------------------------------------------------
******* SUGGGESTION /// EASY TO FIX ***********
--------------------------------------------------------------
The NFL moved to 8- 4 team divisions in 2002 and their hasn't been one realignment since.

2002 - 2016 = 15 seasons of different and 'correct' official schedules Madden could borrow and put in Franchise mode to correct this simple issue.

Madden 2016 season 1 of franchise = 2016 Real NFL schedule
Madden 2017 season 2 of franchise = 2002 Real NFL schedule
Madden 2018 season 3 of franchise = 2003 Real NFL schedule
Madden 2019 season 4 of franchise = 2004 Real NFL schedule
and so forth

Then after 15 seasons, do it again and you got your 2nd half of a 30 year franchise

Done... no real algorithm needed to try and figure out the logic
madden has regularly had scheduling issues. i’ve often played seven or eight game son the road during a season. IIRC, two years ago, someone posted a reason for this explaining that the developers have never been able to iron out the glitch that causes this.

i get annoyed playing the same four teams in preseason every year. don’t mind playing DEN & SD as the niners always play them in real life but playing LAR each season is annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #546
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Bug (Be Specific): User awarded touchdown upon catching second half kickoff in end zone

Game Mode Experienced In: CFM offline

Can you reproduce it? How?: I hope not.

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0R_EHA9smw

once finished a half tied at 13-13. kicked off the second half and they’d already been awarded another TD. has only happened once.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #547
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Bug: After draft class update, the scouting section was not updated. Most players are now considered to be busts.

Game Mode: Online CFM (would assume offline too).

Reproduced: Probably, though haven't tested.

Pictures:

what do you mean by “after draft class update”?
Old 09-15-2016, 01:15 PM   #548
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdawg658
xbox1. Has been the same problem for as long as I can remember. Defensive stats are not showing up when looking at NFL rankings. You can see them for each particular conference but not league totals. Also punting stats for my team not recording at all
yeah, this has been there for years. constantly not having your own sack leader show up against his peers in the stats page is annoying. i’m fairly sure it effects end of season D awards.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #549
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatic77
Bug (Be Specific): QB will evade a sack or 2 and get stuck in that animation in which case he won't throw the pass regardless of what button you push. Causing you to eventually get sacked anyway

Game Mode Experienced In: CFM

Can you reproduce it? How?: If you have an elusive QB that manages to avoid a sack
this happens all the time. at first, i thought i was doing something wrong but soon i realised that the QB was "locked".
Old 09-15-2016, 01:18 PM   #550
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by inningsgrinding
Posted before, but QB's still won't make a tackle after throwing an INT. They will run alongside, behind, whatever next to the defender with the people and he won't tackle him. Has happened multiple times both in MUT and CFM.
i’ve seen lots of players just run near a player streaking down field. CB & S on long passes after the catch.

not seen a QB do this following an INT however. wonder if this is connected?
Old 09-15-2016, 01:19 PM   #551
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
There are way too many ties in Franchise mode... I'm getting anywhere between 1-5 ties a season. Not realistic at all.
yep. way too many. too frequent and oddly done. have seen games tied at 33-33, 38-38 and 45-45 after four quarters but no one scores even a FG in OT? c’mon!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #552
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renoster
Bug: 'Here's the back up Karlos Williams' on his first carry of every game, despite being the starter.

Game Mode: Offline CFM

Can you reproduce it: Yes, every game
there are lots of commentary slips. in his second season, my QB was being referred to as a rookie (he’d actually played as a rookie). he’s been referred ever since as having one fewer years of experience than is accurate.

my third year WR scored a TD and they praised him for scoring a TD on his NFL debut. he’d played 20 plus games at this point and score a dozen TD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »