Home

Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #553
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
what do you mean by “after draft class update”?
After the update they put out a week ago. As stated here Which made the depth of draft classes worse (but in line with how this years draft class was rated).
Old 09-16-2016, 02:36 AM   #554
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by APC77002

As soon as year 1 in a franchise mode is complete, the schedule generated for the remainder of the franchise doesn't have the required logic to make it realistic.

For instance, you will often start a season with 4 or 5 home games in a row, followed by 4 or 5 road games in a row.

In real life, no team plays more than 2 weeks in a row at home or on the road. Ever. When they do, its only because of an outlier one off situation (like a team is going through renovations and it won't be ready till week 4).

I imagine that its difficult to create logic that produces perfect schedules. Even the NFL itself would have to manually make adjustments after their own algorithm spits out a schedule at first.

--------------------------------------------------------------
******* SUGGGESTION /// EASY TO FIX ***********
--------------------------------------------------------------
The NFL moved to 8- 4 team divisions in 2002 and their hasn't been one realignment since.

2002 - 2016 = 15 seasons of different and 'correct' official schedules Madden could borrow and put in Franchise mode to correct this simple issue.

Madden 2016 season 1 of franchise = 2016 Real NFL schedule
Madden 2017 season 2 of franchise = 2002 Real NFL schedule
Madden 2018 season 3 of franchise = 2003 Real NFL schedule
Madden 2019 season 4 of franchise = 2004 Real NFL schedule
and so forth

Then after 15 seasons, do it again and you got your 2nd half of a 30 year franchise

Done... no real algorithm needed to try and figure out the logic
I completely agree that the scheduling needs to be looked at, but I don't think the fix is as easy as you're proposing. The problem with you fix is that you haven't accounted for the 2 games that aren't identical to the real life schedules. You could copy and paste a teams schedule for 14 out of 16 games, but the final two, the ones that aren't identical because they depend on the teams' final standings the year before, wouldn't be identical. And even though it's only 2 games, they could potentially lead to some scheduling issues if you only copy and paste 15 schedules from real life and put in an algorithm for the final 2. Or at least, with EA's track record, I wouldn't trust them to implement it properly... Then again, I'm not a programmer or game designer by any stretch of the imagination so maybe it's as easy as you say. Just wanted to mention the two games that aren't identical and could potentially lead to some issues.

So I agree that it needs to be looked at, but maybe there needs to be a more complex algorithm to fix it instead of a copy/paste solution.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:46 AM   #555
Rookie

Nano blitz detect fail

I experience periodic nano blitz 'detection' that stops my pass rusher before he can make a sack in CFM without having implemented any nano cheats.

Here is video evidence of my edge rusher (Ogbah) beating the right tackle and being stopped in front of the QB.

This happened twice in the same game. Not sure if EA checks this thread or if there is a better way to draw attention to this seriously annoying / game changing bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uURz6kBrmiw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #556
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
I experience periodic nano blitz 'detection' that stops my pass rusher before he can make a sack in CFM without having implemented any nano cheats.

Here is video evidence of my edge rusher (Ogbah) beating the right tackle and being stopped in front of the QB.

This happened twice in the same game. Not sure if EA checks this thread or if there is a better way to draw attention to this seriously annoying / game changing bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uURz6kBrmiw
i had something similar happen to me. their QB dropped back to throw a screen and my DT froze.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #557
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
After the update they put out a week ago. As stated here Which made the depth of draft classes worse (but in line with how this years draft class was rated).
if i haven't started a new CFM, would this effect my game?

or must i start a new CFM for this to kick in?

i play offline CFM only.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:36 PM   #558
Pro

queenie.paula's Arena

what does reporting this here do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie.paula
What system did this occur on?
ps4

Bug (Be Specific): since the color rush patch about every 2-3rd run play I do theres a defensive player in the RBs spot

Game Mode Experienced In:
CFM

Can you reproduce it? How?: yes I can, just select run plays

is anyone else seeing this? post in my thread about it, formation glitch since color rush patch
Old 09-16-2016, 07:17 PM   #559
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
i had something similar happen to me. their QB dropped back to throw a screen and my DT froze.
The fact that they implemented a sleege hammer solution to solve a problem in o line blocking logic and do not let you turn it off is embarassing. How can i be immersed with this weirdness featuring in the game.

Any idea how to ensure they see this report?
Old 09-17-2016, 12:07 AM   #560
Rookie

When I play in franchise mode , during a game I am getting red dots on the screen I can still play but its annoying but when your in play now mode you don't see these dots so what can I do?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »