Home

Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 10:31 AM   #577
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Bug: Wind Indicator is broken again. The indicator suggests that wind is blowing against you, but in fact, it is blowing with you. As we all remember, this was a multi-year unfixed bug from like Madden '10 - Madden -'15, it was fixed for Madden '16, and fixed when Madden '17 shipped, but it looks like the most recent patch broke this.

Modes: CFM Cloud most notably. Xbox One.

Can it be reproduced? Sure can, every game.

More details (taken from the ridiculous wind thread):

I also think a recent patch recently reversed the wind indicator again. In older versions of Madden the wind indicator was always wrong... It was the opposite of what it was supposed to be. Madden '17 shipped with the correct wind indicator (it's something I check almost immediately), but then with the latest patch, it seems to have reversed itself again. I took a couple videos of this and made screenshots:

Both games are CFM cloud based games. And both show the wind being against my kicker, but it's definitely with my kicker because the ball is pointed out of the endzone in both. In one screen, the Patriots one, the ball lands well deep into the crowd. This is an example of not only broken wind indicator, but wind that is ridiculously strong. I've been to a 15 Patriots games at Gilette over the last 10 years, with Gostkowski, and in all of those games, I've never seen a kick off go into the stands ever.

Also, this bug re-introduces the "Broken coin toss / pre-game decision" issue from Madden '16. If you remember, the decision/coin toss was always busted in Madden 16, and Madden 17 seemingly fixed it. But now, if you select your first choice as "Kick" and then your second choice as "With wind," you'll likely get both choices as correct because the wind indicator is broken, so when the CPU -- presumably -- chooses "against wind" for you, it ends up giving you the wind because the indicator is busted.

Of course, this ties into the "Wind always blows endzone to endzone," "Wind is too strong in every game," and "Wind is exaggerated" bugs. But these bugs have existed for 3 or 4 straight versions of Madden in CFM mode, so I doubt they'll ever be fixed.

Last edited by Rebel10; 09-19-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:00 AM   #578
Pro

OVR: 2

I think there may be something wrong with how the offline cfm mode rewards legacy points for owners.

I have a cfm in its third season where the owner has won three super bowls, three championships, built a new stadium, and been elected to the HoF... and he is ranked last of all of the league owners with 932 legacy points.

Um... what?
Old 09-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #579
Rookie

OVR: 1

Bug (Be Specific):

In CFM Cloud, rookie portraits do not match their in game faces. Their portrait on the player card does not match their face from the player edit screen. Not a big deal as usually never see their face in great detail anyways, but its a bit strange when a rookie QB's portrait has a crew cut, but in the game he has the Clay Matthews mane.

Game Mode Experienced In:

CFM Cloud, Xbox one

Can you reproduce it? How?:

Yes. Every rookie in the game.

Video/Picture of Bug (attach to post or link to media):

No
Old 09-19-2016, 04:12 PM   #580
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bug:
Made an interception and was immediately ruled down despite never going to the ground or being touched. Was denied a likely pick-six.

Game Mode:
Ultimate Team H2H
Old 09-19-2016, 05:11 PM   #581
Pro

queenie.paula's Arena

Bug (Be Specific):

ive notice since the color rush patch that at times when I call run plays instead of any of my RBs there is a defensive player in their place

offline CFM ps4

Yes. just run running plays

Video/Picture of Bug?:
yes I have it on my ps4 and can share it with anyone.

has anyone else seen this? its happening a lot to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 05:23 PM   #582
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie.paula
Bug (Be Specific):

ive notice since the color rush patch that at times when I call run plays instead of any of my RBs there is a defensive player in their place

offline CFM ps4

Yes. just run running plays

Video/Picture of Bug?:
yes I have it on my ps4 and can share it with anyone.

has anyone else seen this? its happening a lot to me

I haven't seen this issue and I've played yr one and 3 games into second yr..of my cfm.

Seems ppl are finding different things every time a new thing comes out.

I played a game today where rb was out injuried with dislocated hip ...out 7 weeks ...but still played in pre season game posted pics if it as well.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:24 PM   #583
Rookie

Firestarter333's Arena

Bug (Be Specific):(PS4) tapping L1 to chew clock does not run off any time.

Cloud CFM and Play Now

Can you reproduce it?
Yes happened a few times before and after 2min warning where i was winning and i had to sit for 30 seconds at the line to run off some time.

No video
Old 09-19-2016, 05:26 PM   #584
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11

Bug (Be Specific): CFM online game not recording proper stats. Had a HB fumble a pitch, he immediately scooped it up and ran 81 yds for a TD. Got no credit for a rushing TD or yards (as it should have been as defined by NFL rules) nor did he get credit for a fumble recovery and recovery yds.

Same game, had 2 strip sacks, the other team recovered the fumbles both times. Got no credit for either sack, or either forced fumble.

Game Mode Experienced In:CFM

Can you reproduce it? How?: No idea but Id say so.

https://clips.twitch.tv/bmoremurda21...sHornetPRChase

Didnt take a pic of the boxscore but I can if needed, showing only 92 yds (that he had before this run) and a long run of 18 yds.

Last edited by gameface1324; 09-19-2016 at 05:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »