Home

Regression in 17

This is a discussion on Regression in 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Regression in 17

Decline in physical attributes is all good, but why is his catching dropping? That's something age wouldn't really affect.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #18
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah i think this is about perfect when it comes to replicating the need for younger talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #19
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
You mean OVR? I don't think it changed.

@jake44np: Yes, I expect 29 year old receivers to get faster. Clearly that's what I meant. Right? Hello? My favorite color is tuna. Move along.
So wait, his OVR did not change at all and lost a few points in some categories due to him being 29 years old and you're complaining?

That is GREAT regression. He didn't regress in his OVR rating and only lost a few points in some attributes which probably doesn't even make a difference in his play.

That is actual perfect regression. At 29 years old or 28 even, he SHOULD start regressing a little bit here and there, then at 30+ he should regress even more.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Well I'm glad they let you edit ratings this year in franchise. You have the ability to fix any issue, that you don't like with the ratings. EA has never gotten the regression/progression system right.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #21
Rookie

saybur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So wait, his OVR did not change at all and lost a few points in some categories due to him being 29 years old and you're complaining?

That is GREAT regression. He didn't regress in his OVR rating and only lost a few points in some attributes which probably doesn't even make a difference in his play.

That is actual perfect regression. At 29 years old or 28 even, he SHOULD start regressing a little bit here and there, then at 30+ he should regress even more.
OVR doesn't mean squat to me personally. It basically means he still has high awareness.

It's not like I don't want regression. It just seems like too much too soon to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 07:41 PM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
AWR: 3,879
CTH: 6,176
RTE: 3,412
CIT: 6,615
SPC: 7,087
RLS: 3,219

Keep in mind he has SS dev.
Interesting.

The other question I have - did AJ Green win any season awards, such as Pro Bowl, AFC Best WR, and/or MVP? My earlier impression of the game from EA PLAY was that winning these would be critical to hold off regression once players got past the growth portion of their careers (i.e. past their rookie contract).
Old 08-18-2016, 07:42 PM   #23
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Quote:
OVR doesn't mean squat to me personally. It basically means he still has high awareness.

It's not like I don't want regression. It just seems like too much too soon to me.
Same, i dont pay too much attention to OVR but key attributes per position. I personally dont like the -2 hit on speed considering its one year, edit it to what you feel is accurate, I'll be doing that too, considering speed/agility is vital for separation.

Last edited by iFnotWhyNoT; 08-18-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #24
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

For those that don't play CFM this isn't something they will know or care about, for those of us that do, this is a massive problem the game has had over the last few iterations. I don't mind seeing physical attributes drop as players get older, it is just the amounts which is extreme. With how this madden works, you will never have AP, Revis, Calvin, etc. Players are done by age 30-31 because they physically can't compete anymore.

The biggest problem continues to be EAs denial in the value of speed in their games. 4 points (2 years of regression) is the difference between being fast and slow and no player barring injuries goes from being fast, to being slow just two years later.

If speed decreased simply 1 point per season it would probably be fine, but at 2, it is just crazy. You will see fantasy drafts this madden where guys that are 28 or 29 years old simply won't be drafted because we know in 2 seasons they aren't viable to play anymore... sure their overalls may still be in the mid upper 80s, but anyone that plays user vs user can tell you quickly OVR doesn't mean crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »