Home

Regression in 17

This is a discussion on Regression in 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #25
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Regression in 17

Its not just the 2 points that overly concerning but its the fact that it seemingly applies to everyone across the board. At least that's the early impression.

Sounds like it needs to be way more random and perhaps a bit less for higher quality players.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 08:03 PM   #26
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
The biggest problem continues to be EAs denial in the value of speed in their games. 4 points (2 years of regression) is the difference between being fast and slow and no player barring injuries goes from being fast, to being slow just two years later.
Maybe in past Maddens, but nowadays this is very debatable.

The best wide receiver I've ever played with in a Madden franchise was Larry Fitzgerald, who had at the time something like 86 SPD. His hands were magnets, he couldn't be jammed at the line, and he got open with his 99 RTE. He won and won often with his technique. He wasn't a RAC guy at all, and his ability to win on the Go route depended a lot on a poor jam attempt at the line, but otherwise he was an absolute monster.

I also don't think SPD is something EA is in denial about at all with respect how valuable the attribute is perceived to be; it's at the forefront of all their Top 5 player ratings reveals media, and it's a large component of the OVR rating at most positions.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:08 PM   #27
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Its not just the 2 points that overly concerning but its the fact that it seemingly applies to everyone across the board. At least that's the early impression.

Sounds like it needs to be way more random and perhaps a bit less for higher quality players.
It's not. Or, at least, it shouldn't be. Non-skill-position guys and QBs have longer tails while RBs/WRs/CBs have shorter ones.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #28
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

OVR: 0

When you get a legit wide receiver, his speed isn't important IMO. I was under the impression speed was everything until I played a Cardinals franchise and Larry Fitz was unplayable..
Old 08-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #29
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard
When you get a legit wide receiver, his speed isn't important IMO. I was under the impression speed was everything until I played a Cardinals franchise and Larry Fitz was unplayable..
I think you mean unguardable but the theory behind the new regression is that the player will have his physical attributes erode while his technical/mental ones increase. So AJ will still be good in a couple of years even when his speed has diminished because he'll be such a good technician.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #30
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard
Fitz is the exception though, he has basically 99s in every other category, the very vast majority of other players, especially on the defensive side of the ball, become worthless. Very notable with CBs who already struggle with man to man even in their prime on Madden.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:27 PM   #31
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Fitz is the exception though, he has basically 99s in every other category, the very vast majority of other players, especially on the defensive side of the ball, become worthless. Very notable with CBs who already struggle with man to man even in their prime on Madden.
Per ourlads depth charts http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/CB

only 13/64 starting CBs in the league are 30 and older.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Receivers typically hit their prime at around 26-27,decline starts around 29-30 and heavily after 30.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »