Home

Regression in 17

This is a discussion on Regression in 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2016, 06:47 PM   #1
Rookie

saybur's Arena

OVR: 0
Regression in 17

So I started an offline CFM with the Bengals and simmed ahead to the offseason to check some stuff out. When I looked at the teams regression for the year I was speechless.

AJ Green, now 29, is regressing because of "age." I'm talking -2 to speed, agi, acc, catch ratings. WTH? This can't be right.

Geno Atkins, now 29, same thing. Losing points due to "age."

Andy Dalton, now 29, same deal.

None of this was because of a terrible year. Just age.

Is this for real? Is this a known problem the dev's intend to address? Any word? If not this could really ruin CFM for me. I know we can edit players now, but I don't really want to have to police the entire league watching for ridiculous regression.

Almost forgot. My backup linebackers are all losing PRC because they failed to reach 10 sacks on the year. BACKUP LB's. That has to be a bug, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 06:53 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Regression in 17

that does sound concerning but i'll try and give EA the benefit of the doubt. can you not cancel the attribute losses by spending your XP? players usually do reach their ceiling by the time they hit 30. I'd imagine around that age you're spending XP to maintain your players ratings rather then improve them.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:56 PM   #3
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
So I started an offline CFM with the Bengals and simmed ahead to the offseason to check some stuff out. When I looked at the teams regression for the year I was speechless.

AJ Green, now 29, is regressing because of "age." I'm talking -2 to speed, agi, acc, catch ratings. WTH? This can't be right.

Geno Atkins, now 29, same thing. Losing points due to "age."

Andy Dalton, now 29, same deal.

None of this was because of a terrible year. Just age.

Is this for real? Is this a known problem the dev's intend to address? Any word? If not this could really ruin CFM for me. I know we can edit players now, but I don't really want to have to police the entire league watching for ridiculous regression.

Almost forgot. My backup linebackers are all losing PRC because they failed to reach 10 sacks on the year. BACKUP LB's. That has to be a bug, right?

This is honestly good news to me. I'm actually very excited with the regression you're noting. Can you tell me how much XP green had at the end of the season and how much it would cost to replace the speed attributes he lost?

Same question for geno and dalton.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #4
Rookie

saybur's Arena

AJ has 8,369 XP available without having spent any all year. One point into Speed costs 28,350. Acceleration 17,325. Nothing can seemingly be made up with XP.

Does anyone seriously thing next season AJ Green will be slower, less agile, less quick, and unable to jump as well? Come on.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
AJ has 8,369 XP available without having spent any all year. One point into Speed costs 28,350. Acceleration 17,325. Nothing can seemingly be made up with XP.

Does anyone seriously thing next season AJ Green will be slower, less agile, less quick, and unable to jump as well? Come on.
Well, he would be 30 next season, so you never know. Don't like it, edit the ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 07:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah its the new regression system they put in, no matter what team players will start declining due to age, performance and other reasons.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:05 PM   #7
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:

Thanks. For me it's not about him regressing but adjusting XP sliders to give me or CFM users the ability to make enough XP to make a tough decision: regain speed or put the XP elsewhere.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-18-2016, 07:07 PM   #8
Rookie

saybur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Well, he would be 30 next season, so you never know. Don't like it, edit the ratings.
He is 28 now. In my CFM after simming a year he is 29.

Just in case someone thought it was because of his performance:

87 catches, 1,264 yards, 14.5 avg, 14 TD's. And regressing. Even SPC dropped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »