Home

What team you gonna use?

This is a discussion on What team you gonna use? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2016, 12:58 AM   #25
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What team you gonna use?

Chargers overhaul in Year one. I'm gonna trade Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates to the Jets for Fitzpatrick and draft picks. The Jets are ALMOST there but they need an elite QB, and Philip/Gates needs a ring. Gates is an immediate upgrade over Jace Amaro, and I can feature the offense with the main TE being Hunter Henry.

I'm gonna splice it up on defense with a hybrid scheme. Bosa, after he gains 5 lbs., will play DE in both 4-3 and 3-4 sets. Perryman, Te'o, Dzubnar, and Joshua Perry will play in my 3-4 run stopping form. Replace Dzub and Perry with Ingram and Attaochu for my 3-4 Pass Rush form. My 4-3 will have Jatavis Brown, Jahleel Addae, and a Tampa 2 LB in the middle. Hopefully the 34th overall pick, the Tampa 2 LB will be. Trying my best to keep Ingram, Attaochu, and Bosa on the field for 90-95% of snaps, but I want to rotate Kyle Emanuel in from time-to-time at 3-4 OLB. Also gonna try to get the most out of Liuget before I draft another 3-4 DE and develop Ryan Carrethers after Mebane is gone. Carrethers is a question, though. Kinda wanna draft a NT.

Also gonna find a permanent #2 CB next to Verrett Island and both safeties will be new players. Addae is too iconsistent and penalty-prone for me, so I'm gonna let him do his thing as a 4-3 ILB. He'll be my poor-man's Deone Bucannon.

Gonna go RBBC with Gordon on 1st, Oliver on 2nd, and Woodhead on 3rd. Maybe lessening the workload on Gordon will help him out, and he can eventually take the reigns with Oliver at the 2. If not, I'll have to resort to drafting.

I'm set with Keenan allen getting 130+ receptions in my first year. He will be 1st and 2nd read, lmao. Benjamin has blistering speed, so he'll be playing slot. I'll have to draft a reciever, but Tyrell Williams is interesting, 6'3'' and 91 speed. He could develop into a MONSTER next to Keenan.

On the OL, Barksdale is solid, and I'll have to find a G/C to develop behind Slauson. At guard, I'm open ears. D.J. Fluker and Orlando Franklin were both former high round picks who had issues last year. If they can play as well as booked, the OL will be completely solid. Dunlap has been inconsistent throughout his career, so the same applies for him as well. Also glad that they are the only 5 Offensive Linemen I need on my roster, since they are technically invincible, lmao. (NOT REALLY, CHILL)

And as the final touch, I'll be relocating to become the Los Angeles Chargers. I may make an Owner of the Raiders and move them there as well, but I'm definitely moving out of San Diego, just like Weddle did.

I know the respons was a little more in-depth than the response to the question "What team you gonna use?" but I really can't contain my excitement for Madden 17 and franchise mode. It's gonna have to do.

EDIT: I need DatNinja619's approval for my overhaul plans. It's radical but the Chargers are in a state of despair.

New England Patriots
Boston College Eagles

Last edited by zacification1; 08-20-2016 at 01:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 01:16 AM   #26
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacification1
Chargers overhaul in Year one. I'm gonna trade Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates to the Jets for Fitzpatrick and draft picks. The Jets are ALMOST there but they need an elite QB, and Philip/Gates needs a ring. Gates is an immediate upgrade over Jace Amaro, and I can feature the offense with the main TE being Hunter Henry.

I'm gonna splice it up on defense with a hybrid scheme. Bosa, after he gains 5 lbs., will play DE in both 4-3 and 3-4 sets. Perryman, Te'o, Dzubnar, and Joshua Perry will play in my 3-4 run stopping form. Replace Dzub and Perry with Ingram and Attaochu for my 3-4 Pass Rush form. My 4-3 will have Jatavis Brown, Jahleel Addae, and a Tampa 2 LB in the middle. Hopefully the 34th overall pick, the Tampa 2 LB will be. Trying my best to keep Ingram, Attaochu, and Bosa on the field for 90-95% of snaps, but I want to rotate Kyle Emanuel in from time-to-time at 3-4 OLB. Also gonna try to get the most out of Liuget before I draft another 3-4 DE and develop Ryan Carrethers after Mebane is gone. Carrethers is a question, though. Kinda wanna draft a NT.

Also gonna find a permanent #2 CB next to Verrett Island and both safeties will be new players. Addae is too iconsistent and penalty-prone for me, so I'm gonna let him do his thing as a 4-3 ILB. He'll be my poor-man's Deone Bucannon.

Gonna go RBBC with Gordon on 1st, Oliver on 2nd, and Woodhead on 3rd. Maybe lessening the workload on Gordon will help him out, and he can eventually take the reigns with Oliver at the 2. If not, I'll have to resort to drafting.

I'm set with Keenan allen getting 130+ receptions in my first year. He will be 1st and 2nd read, lmao. Benjamin has blistering speed, so he'll be playing slot. I'll have to draft a reciever, but Tyrell Williams is interesting, 6'3'' and 91 speed. He could develop into a MONSTER next to Keenan.

On the OL, Barksdale is solid, and I'll have to find a G/C to develop behind Slauson. At guard, I'm open ears. D.J. Fluker and Orlando Franklin were both former high round picks who had issues last year. If they can play as well as booked, the OL will be completely solid. Dunlap has been inconsistent throughout his career, so the same applies for him as well. Also glad that they are the only 5 Offensive Linemen I need on my roster, since they are technically invincible, lmao. (NOT REALLY, CHILL)

And as the final touch, I'll be relocating to become the Los Angeles Chargers. I may make an Owner of the Raiders and move them there as well, but I'm definitely moving out of San Diego, just like Weddle did.

I know the respons was a little more in-depth than the response to the question "What team you gonna use?" but I really can't contain my excitement for Madden 17 and franchise mode. It's gonna have to do.

EDIT: I need DatNinja619's approval for my overhaul plans. It's radical but the Chargers are in a state of despair.
As a Charger fan....Do not like hahah
Old 08-20-2016, 01:25 AM   #27
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

Gotta roll with my favorite team, the Detroit Lions. I plan to roll with Stafford for a few years, but then I will draft myself to be my new QB, a tradition of mine.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:36 AM   #28
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
As a Charger fan....Do not like hahah
Too bad, I'm gonna ruin your team and build it from the ground up AND YOU ARE GONNA LIKE IT.

New England Patriots
Boston College Eagles
Old 08-20-2016, 01:51 AM   #29
Rookie

MiamiWarrior's Arena

OVR: 2

Even though I am a huge Eagles fan, I just do not enjoy using them in Franchise...even though I am using them in an online league lol

But offline, I might try the Raiders or Jaguars? Maybe the Colts.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #30
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

Quick question while trying to decide on which team to use. I've narrowed it down to a few teams but I'm wondering if anyone can tell what offensive and defensive scheme they play? I've been googling for 20 minutes but can't find an overview.

The teams I'm wondering about are:
- Miami Dolphins
- Buffalo Bills
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Arizona Cardinals
- Chicago Bears
- Detroit Lions

Any help is appreciated!
Old 08-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #31
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1

LA RAMS of course. I've been playing with them on EA access and i love their new playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 07:47 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaSimulator
I haven't started up M17 for the first time yet because I didn't want to waste precious trial hours choosing a team. Literally can't decide on my first franchise for the trial period. I don't want a rebuild project and I don't want a power house. Something in between. A team that could make the playoffs the first season but is still somewhat of a long-term project.

So far I've been thinking about Tampa Bay and Arizona and for some reason it just stops there. Can't seem to think of anyone else I would like to start with... And I can't decide between the two either

Detroit lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »