Home

Less control over locked defensive player?

This is a discussion on Less control over locked defensive player? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Less control over locked defensive player?

I got hooked on using the defensive camera in M16 and usering with player lock and I got pretty darn good at it. I'm trying to do the same thing in M17 but I feel like I'm fighting to overcome an initial animation when the ball is snapped.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Less control over locked defensive player?

I've also noticed that every once in a while on third down it switches you back to the normal camera until the ball is snapped.

Old 08-20-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Well, I feel like regardless of the cam, there is more initial 'pull' from the game. I play a variety of positions and cam angles on d, and I've noticed in standard cam with a MLB playing zone, there is an absolute instant 'surge' to player at the snap that feels pretty uncontrollable. If the play happens to be a run, I feel the 'pull' towards the RB, which is normally good, but I don't like the CPU pulling me around. So, yeah, i think I'm feeling the same thing u r, regardless of cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #4
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Well, I feel like regardless of the cam, there is more initial 'pull' from the game. I play a variety of positions and cam angles on d, and I've noticed in standard cam with a MLB playing zone, there is an absolute instant 'surge' to player at the snap that feels pretty uncontrollable. If the play happens to be a run, I feel the 'pull' towards the RB, which is normally good, but I don't like the CPU pulling me around. So, yeah, i think I'm feeling the same thing u r, regardless of cam.

Thought I was the only one who noticed this. It sucks bc I can't play defense the way I want to, it makes it way to difficult to shoot gaps when you read run as a LB
Old 08-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky

Yeah, I've actually felt like I was being suction blocked at times based on that pull and it can totally take you out of the play. I wonder if there are any settings that can be modified to reduce the effects? I have switch assist turned on, may try with it turned off to see if there is any diff?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #6
Banned

Isn't there a defensive help option?
Old 08-20-2016, 02:35 PM   #7
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok89
Isn't there a defensive help option?

There's a defense assist, but I don't think that's exactly what this is. U can hold LB and it will 'defense assist' which is basically what this is doing. But, overall, it seems it's baked into the programming this year to instantly 'push' your player at the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »