Home

Lack of statistical detail

This is a discussion on Lack of statistical detail within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2016, 11:53 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Lack of statistical detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
I think if we, you, or someone were to pull this franchise data together for EA and put it on a silver platter they would probably consider including it. Or updating it.

I don't know this for sure, but if timing and manpower are the reason things don't get in then we can take that reasoning away (somewhat) by pitching in.
I was hoping to get a groundswell of support for this initiative and wanted to post to see if I was in some small minority. I wish things like this would take precedence over some of the visual fluff that gets a lot of attention every year, as I think the visual end of things is more than acceptable already.

If a grass roots campaign is what it takes to get it through, I'm all for it. I don't tweet or do any of that stuff, and it seems this is the best path to get ideas laid at the developers feet these days.

Seems it would be easy to include in a patch if the will was strong enough.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:03 PM   #18
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I was hoping to get a groundswell of support for this initiative and wanted to post to see if I was in some small minority. I wish things like this would take precedence over some of the visual fluff that gets a lot of attention every year, as I think the visual end of things is more than acceptable already.

If a grass roots campaign is what it takes to get it through, I'm all for it. I don't tweet or do any of that stuff, and it seems this is the best path to get ideas laid at the developers feet these days.

Seems it would be easy to include in a patch if the will was strong enough.

I think you're on the right track and as someone who also doesn't care much for the visual presentation detail over statistical data, I'm with you.

I would caution any assumptions of how easy things are to patch into the game because I'm not an EA employee or Gamechanger so it could always be more difficult than we think.

If the people on the site who are Gamechangers see a Swell of support for an idea I'm sure they will escalate it, however only EA and potentially GCs know what the real numbers are. We may indeed be a minority which is why I'd be willing to pitch in to make it happen to compensate for a possible lack of interest for this aspect of immersion.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-21-2016, 12:15 PM   #19
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Agree with you OP and really wish they'd go all out on this stuff for CFM. Keeping league history with things like team vs. team series records, individual season history, drafts, etc. as well as franchise records could be something great just in general not to mention what it could add for some commentary lines.
I would definitely love to see a screen for past drafts in later franchise seasons. I know you can already see when a player was drafted on their player card, but that's a very tedious process considering how the menus function. It'd be pretty cool to look back at where some late round gems were taken as well as seeing some early round busts.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #20
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm a big proponent of all this stuff and have sent in a few pitches to the dev team of how to work it in.

I remember talking to Leftos about 2K's advanced stats and it's apparently much harder than it appears to foreground that stuff, even though the game is tracking everything.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #21
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Agree with you OP and really wish they'd go all out on this stuff for CFM. Keeping league history with things like team vs. team series records, individual season history, drafts, etc. as well as franchise records could be something great just in general not to mention what it could add for some commentary lines.
I agree. I wish they would do something like what Front Office Football does. They keep track of pretty much everything that happens ever in your league. Click the spoiler to see some examples of what I'd love to see in Madden.

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 02:21 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would play a 50 year dedicated cfm if it tracked what the above poster just showed....I tried to do it on paper but I want to track so much that I just didn't have the time to keep it going
Old 08-21-2016, 02:42 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I'm a big proponent of all this stuff and have sent in a few pitches to the dev team of how to work it in.

I remember talking to Leftos about 2K's advanced stats and it's apparently much harder than it appears to foreground that stuff, even though the game is tracking everything.
Did you get any sense of the devs feelings regarding the addition when you pitched the idea? I take it it wasn't positive?

Would love to get this in front of them again. Really seems to be a lot of CFM bang for the buck if it were to be implemented.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:49 PM   #24
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Did you get any sense of the devs feelings regarding the addition when you pitched the idea? I take it it wasn't positive?

Would love to get this in front of them again. Really seems to be a lot of CFM bang for the buck if it were to be implemented.
It was definitely positive, just a large undertaking. There's been nothing I've pitched on Madden that was outright shot down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »