Home

Auto-subs discussion

This is a discussion on Auto-subs discussion within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 02:28 AM   #57
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
re: Auto-subs discussion

So I'm gathering from the substance of this thread that the title is inaccurate, but just to confirm, I ran a test:

I started a new online Franchise as the Chiefs. I set RB auto-subs to 99/100. I then started my first game and ran two plays, an inside zone to Jamaal Charles and a screen pass to Jamaal Charles. For the third play, Spencer Ware is auto-subbed into the game and Charles is sent to the bench. This is a drastic change from Madden NFL 16, where when running the same test I see the starting running back remain in the game for upwards of a dozen consecutive plays even with the same auto-sub setting adjustments.

The auto-sub sliders indisputably work. I'm changing the thread title as to not spread inaccurate information.

EDIT: to be absolutely clear, I'm specifically talking about the sliders and their function here, not the concept of progressive fatigue or the disappearing players phenomena which falls out from extreme auto-subs settings sometimes.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 08-24-2016 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:18 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Auto-subs discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
Ok, everybody...don't know if this was already said but I think I found a sweet spot 85/75 for 9min Acc clock off quarters. Let me know if you'll like it. I'll start posting stats soon. I haven't tried for CFM but I am about to now. Will let you know how it goes
It disnt go well Arian Foster for the CPU had all 24 carries and I had 22 carries with 2 carries for my backup. I'm at a loss but I tried 85/84 and my Starting running back disappeared in the 4th and he never subbed out so my last try is 80/79 with fatigue at 50...smh
Old 08-24-2016, 07:54 AM   #59
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Hate to say it but this means Auto Subs are working as intended..but as stated the issue now lies with progressive fatigue which we also wanted..maybe best solution is to see if a Dev can give us some kind of formula to how the progressive fatigue works..this way we have a better understanding on how low it goes game to game

Sent from my broken iPhone using my data I can't afford
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 08-24-2016, 09:54 AM   #60
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

My biggest gripe is that your auto sub settings do not affect the CPU controlled team while in game. How are we supposed to run a solo CFM if the settings we put in place only work for the User? I really hope this will change.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:04 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 15

I've been shouting about auto subs for years. I'm happy they work for the most part, but things are still a bit wonky.

I had to come to terms with the fact that reality is that autosubbing a secondary running back is just not a realistic way to get more carries for them.

What we really need is a better system for packages. For me toggling through packages for every formation and then keeping track of them is tedious, as is pausing and subbing in a back every few drives. I can't count how many times I've had a backup back in for a formation and then forgetting he was there.

That said I am getting pretty good subbing for my d-lineman and they aren't dissapearing. I have subs set at 78-85 with 10 min quarters, 20 second accel clock and 58 fatigue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #62
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Does Play Now, MUT, DC, and H2H have progressive fatigue or no? It's honestly something I could live without. I'd rather have progressive fatigue over the course of the season but that's another subject. But if there was a way to tune or disable it so that players peak levels didn't drop so much I think it would make things work better.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:39 PM   #63
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Hmm. Yeah, I hear ya. I'm still playing with em. And, I may give your specific numbers a shot. See, what irks me though, is that if I set a high sub OUT rate, regardless of the sub in rate, I should still see my rb1 sub out SOME? U would think. So, that's why I start off high. And, my thought was to keep the spread close so that he would only sub out a play or 2. Instead, what I got in my last game (82/85 out/in) was NO SUBBING until the 3rd qtr. And, again, once I got that sub in, it was all over for Freeman. Lol. Freeman ran for 17/153 and Coleman ended up like 15/120 I think). But, I hear ya on the spread, too. At 73 sub out, based on my experience with madden over the years, I wouldn't expect my rb1 to come out unless I ran him 5-6 times in a row with a 20+ yard run mixed in somewhere. So, that's why I didn't start that low. I'm gonna keep playing with em. I'm rocking a 'test' franchise right now, anyways. I like to wait for reg season to start the 'real' franchise. Thanks for input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yea with that close of spread ur hb1 gains back 3 stamina immediately basically. thats why i do 7-10 spread. that buys u 2-3 snaps of the backup. plus it seems at a lower sub out they stay tired slightly longer than if u did it at like 82 out. plus u wont run into the disappearing guys later in gm.

i put my same settings into m17 and did see my usual subs for the most part. dont forget the key is 57 fatigue cuz 50 fatigue you will def not see any subs. its always tuned too high on default where nobody gets tired. and i guess i should add that my settings of 73/83 is tuned to me playing 8min qtrs with no accel clock. i see subs starting in the 1st qtr near the last 2-3mins if theres a long drive or if i break off a long run or if i get a to or quick 3 and out and get my offense back on the field again rapidly.

i only got to play one gm last night tho so im hoping to test it more today. i did run alot with rawls but it was more peppered in all gm then making him grind more than 2 in a row on drives. i was trying to pass more to see how the d responded.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 08-24-2016, 03:37 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
yea with that close of spread ur hb1 gains back 3 stamina immediately basically. thats why i do 7-10 spread. that buys u 2-3 snaps of the backup. plus it seems at a lower sub out they stay tired slightly longer than if u did it at like 82 out. plus u wont run into the disappearing guys later in gm.

i put my same settings into m17 and did see my usual subs for the most part. dont forget the key is 57 fatigue cuz 50 fatigue you will def not see any subs. its always tuned too high on default where nobody gets tired. and i guess i should add that my settings of 73/83 is tuned to me playing 8min qtrs with no accel clock. i see subs starting in the 1st qtr near the last 2-3mins if theres a long drive or if i break off a long run or if i get a to or quick 3 and out and get my offense back on the field again rapidly.

i only got to play one gm last night tho so im hoping to test it more today. i did run alot with rawls but it was more peppered in all gm then making him grind more than 2 in a row on drives. i was trying to pass more to see how the d responded.
Ill try your idea today.... The only other thought I have if it doesn't work is reducing the fatigue number down to 40 and increasing the sub in/out to 95/85. Perhaps that will address the progressive fatigue and starters disappearing in the 4th

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »