Home

How's your CFM going? M17 edition

This is a discussion on How's your CFM going? M17 edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 09:04 AM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your CFM going? M17 edition

Week two for Miami in the 2017-18 season was a blowout. We beat the Chargers 51-17. Defense was stifling, but no turnovers or sacks .

The offense went off! Ajayi had 130 yards and 2 TDs and Drake added two TDs himself. Tannehill had 280 yards and 2 TDs himself, most going to Patterson who had 5 catches and 130 yards.

Before week 3, we signed Koa Misi to a 3 year $23 million extension.

Week 3

We defeated the Bengals in their stadium, 37-27. Taennill had a game similar to the last. Ajayi continues to lead the league in riushing. DeVante Parker finally did something more than sort of good. He had 7 catches, 132 yards, and 2 TDs (one 75 yard catch and run)! Although the only two other players to catch a pass (4 and 3 respectively) were Patterson and McDonald.

On defense, rookie Nick Patten finally registered a sack and Bobby McCain recorded an INT.

Before the next game, we traded RT Ja'Waun James and a sixth round pick to the Panthers in exchange for a second round pick. With our offensive line shuffled in the preseason, James was too good to sit on the bench (and I have a good enough backup RT, Sam Young), so I added my 3rd second round pick in the upcoming draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #402
Rookie

mannyt55's Arena

OVR: 2

Started a "test" CFM with my Jets few weeks ago while waiting for patch and opening week rosters. I mostly play Madden in an online 32man league but offline I play it as I play most sports games, "GM mode." What I mean by that is I simply control all the front office moves and just watch the games. I set my sliders, formation subs, auto subs, full 15-min games and watch.

Year 1 my Jets became the comeback kids, we started the year 1-6 before winning 9 in a row to finish 10-6, good enough for a Wild Card - we swept the Pats for the 1st time since 2000 but they still finished 11-5 for Division. Unfortunately we couldn't finish them off as they beat us in the Wild Card round, 34-31. Panthers repeated as NFC Champs but they lost again, this time to the Chiefs.

Fitzpatrick played well, 3700yd 27TD 15int 92.5rtg, missing 1 game due to injury. Geno played that game and was NOT good. Seeing that and the fact that Hack isn't ready yet, we resigned Fitz for 1 more year, 12M. Forte played well but was hurt often, finished with 1200 total yds. Khiry and Powell filled in nicely, combining for 900 rushing yds in his absence. Receiving end, Marshall missed 6 games early in the year and struggled to recover, he finished strong though with 300+yds in the last 2 games (607yds final). Decker struggled as a #1 in Marshall's absence, finished with 772yd and 8TD. Devin Smith and Enunwa saw more playing time and finished with 660yd and 485yd respectively. Devin will see more play time next year.

Defense was dominant as usual, #3 overall D, 4th in pass, 5th in run, 7th pts allowed, #1 red zone D. This was all due to the havoc created by the DL. Wilkerson was 2nd in the league in TFL and 2nd in sacks of 3-4DE with 13 (JJ as always #1). Sheldon picked up 8sacks, Leo only had 1 but he also stuffed a lot of runs and was hurt. Next year this DL should be even better.

We didn't do much in FA. Barely any cap after Mo contract and bringing Fitz back for 1 yr. Next year we have to resign Sheldon and consider our decisions with vets (Fitz again, Marshall, Forte, Mangold, Harris). Let Geno walk, he's in SF now. Lost Marcus Williams to DET (who played very well) and let Dee Milliner go also, he went to HOU - CB became a big need.

Draft plans are: draft an outside CB who can eventually be the #1, draft a RB to supplant Forte after next year, improve the OL, depth all around - we're a year older and these vets get banged up easily. 2017 is our last chance with this group of vets.

MVP Philip Rivers (4450yd 36TD 11int 102.5rtg)
AFC OPOY Philip Rivers
NFC OPOY Aaron Rodgers (4445yd 37TD 15int 101.6rtg)
AFC DPOY JJ Watt (20.5sacks 100tkl 4ff 1sfty)
NFC DPOY Luke Kuechly (106tkl 2.5sacks 6int 8defl)
AFC OROY Corey Coleman (64rec 915yd 4TD)
NFC OROY Dak Prescott (2546yd 28TD 6int 119.5rtg) went 6-1 after Romo hurt out for year, lead Cowboys to NFC Championship. Progressed to Superstar/87ovr after the year ended)
AFC DROY Adolphus Washington (8sacks 62tkl 5tfl 1ff)
NFC DROY DeForest Buckner (9.5sacks 77tkl 11tfl)

Draft recap:
1-22 CB Anton Meredith 81ovr
Landed my guy. 5'10 physical/athletic beast. 92sd 94acc 86press 84coverages. Steps right in to CB2. Skrine will move exclusively to nickel.
2-22 HB Davarius Addai 73ovr
Power back, Jets style. Forte will be limited next year, we need him in playoffs. Addai will be perfect for short yd situations, Powell is great on 3rd downs - good blocker and good hands.
3-22 LG Ray Barton 81ovr
Best run blocking G in the draft, coming in with an 89 run block. Only 89str so he might have trouble with the bigger DL.
5-22 RT Marquis Mann 73ovr
Like Ray, he's a run blocker first. Jets know Hack will soon be starting and we want to build a dominant run game like past Jets days.
6-22 MLB Kendall Hogan 64ovr
Drafted solely for his athleticisim. 85spd 87acc 84agi 85str 88jmp. this guy has the tools to play any position he wants to. major project player (practice squad)
7-22 FS Andre Forbes 69ovr
Also drafted based on athleticism but surprised us with a solid preseason and made the 53. 90spd 92acc 72str 86hit power. can develop into one of these new "hybrid defender" types
Old 09-06-2016, 11:07 AM   #403
Rookie

weaponz248's Arena

OVR: 13

Previous Post

Divisional round saw the Cardinals come to Green Bay. Cardinals lead 7-3 after the 1st quarter but the Packers would take a 20-7 lead into halftime. Rodgers had 4 TDs and 300 yards and Lacy helped with 93 yards rushing. Green Bay would win 35-14.

Conference championship would see the Seahawks come to Green Bay. Seahawks beat the Cowboys 52-24 the week before. Green Bays defense would finally play outstanding against the Seahawks holding them to 7 points all game. Cobb would get a 79 yard punt return for a TD in this one as all three phases of the Packers would be in full swing. Final score 31-7

Super bowl 52 would see Green Bay against Pittsburgh. This one started off hot for Green bay. We would intercept Big Bens first pass and go one to score. We would add another TD in the 2nd quarter and the Steelers added a FG at the end of the Half. Packers were up 14-3 at Halftime. Opening drive of the 3rd quarter saw Green Bay drive down the field only to see Rodgers make a rare mistake and throw a INT in the end zone. Steelers would drive down the field and score. The would miss the 2 pt conversion so the score stood at 14-9. Green Bay would hold that lead and go on to win and bring the Lombardi Trophy back home were it belongs! Final score 14-9!

Up next the off season. Going to be an interesting draft. With all my trades the last few years I got 18 draft picks this year. 5 of which are in the 2nd round. By my count I need to fill 6 spots. I can do that before round 3. But maybe we will see so guys retire, I sure hope not. Oldest player on my roster is Rodgers at 33.

2017 Full schedule with results
Spoiler
Soccer: Manchester United/Real Madrid/AS Roma/Lyon/Bayern Munich/Chicago Fire
Old 09-06-2016, 12:55 PM   #404
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

A few games into the Vikings season with a created QB.. game vs. Carolina my QB is only a 72.. .. I'm skipping the defense stuff and only play as the QB since Teddy's out in 'real life'.. when EA doesn't want you to win.. you won't.. I had 4 touchdown passes DROPPED.. by 3 receivers in this game.. only one of them was even close to being defended.. Vikings team is 82 OVR against the 90 OVR Carolina but it was only a 23-16 loss, given the dropped passes in the end zone. I should be used to it by now but when you have 2 steps on the defender and drop the pass..

AP ran 18 times for 22 yards, also.. which didn't help.. already ran for more than that on ONE carry vs. the Giants in the next game
Old 09-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #405
Rookie

Started a test cfm with the Bills until I start my annual Redskins chise. I literally had one of the most thrilling games of madden I've ever experienced. Skip forward to halftime, I'm up 35-7 against the Pats. It all went downhill from there lls

All of a sudden my team is fumbling and dropping passes galore and Tom Brady finally remembers he has Gronk on his team. After 3 unanswered tds we're in the 4th with a little over a minute left up 35-28. The patriots attempt an onside kick that bounces off of Robert woods' hands and the pats recover.

At this point my heart is racing and my blood is boiling, but I try to keep calm. Brady starts surgically dissecting my defense eating up big chunks of yardage. After the most clutch shoestring tackle it's 1st and goal on my 1yard line with about 15 seconds to go and 2 time outs.

They try to hand it off to Blount, loss of 3 yards. Brady drops back to throw to a wide open Gronk running across the middle of the end zone, batted down by Shaq Lawson at the line. 3rd and goal I only send 4 rushers but Lawson breaks through the line immediately and brings Brady down for a loss of 5. Time out.

Now it's 4th and goal on about my 9-10 yard line with 3seconds left. Brady drops back and I can't get ANY pressure on him, he has all day. Hogan breaks loose across the middle on a drag route and Brady puts the ball right in his chest. He turns it upfield, breaks a tackle at about the 5 and is about to break my heart. Then out of nowhere Ragland comes from the side and lays him out on the 1yard line with no time remaining!!!

I literally had to stop myself from throwing my controller out of pure joy lls. I can't remember the last time a game of madden against the cpu has had me on the edge of my seat like that. The game isn't perfect this year, but it's definitely taking steps in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #406
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Lost my first game of season to Titans

This was an ugly game my oline couldn't protect so that lead to 5 sacks and hurried throws by RG3 which he threw 2 ints one a pick 6...also fumbled the ball that lead to game winning fg as we lost 30-27.

The weather was bad raining players slipping my fg kicker missed 2 extra points and fg but the cmp didn't miss any...felt like I was playing 16 with automatic. Fg for cmp.

And then to top that all off I lost my TE Barnidge to a abdominal tear so he's out 5 weeks.

RG3 did manage to throw 3 tds 2 to Pryor other to back up rookie te pryor made s nice diving catch of a deflected ball that he caught for 2 points had start going for 2 couldn't trust my kicker.

Next up is Bengals and fight for first in afc north as both teams are 5-1.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:52 PM   #407
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Lost another close one in week 2 in my Cleveland Browns franchise. Lost to the Ravens 30-27. Ravens advance to 2-0 and we fall to 0-2. It was a tough game, every game is tough though when your using the Browns. Josh McCown threw for 201 yards and 1 TD but threw 3 interceptions. Flacco definately out did McCown by throwing for 255 yards and 2 TD's with zero interceptions. Justin Forsett rushed for 106 yards on 27 attempts with one TD. To say Kenneth Dixon went off on Baltimore is an understatement. He broke the single game rushing record with 304 yards and 2 TD's while averaging 8.9 yards per carry. He was insane. I know it's silly and unrealistic but the Ravens defense just couldn't stop him.

Dixon was a great pickup. If your looking for an underrated player who's a RB take a look at Kenneth Dixon. He's not rated very high but he can be a monster. Crockett Gillmore had 82 yards on 5 receptions for Baltimore. Breshad Perriman and Ben Watson each caught a TD for the Ravens as well. Kenneth Dixon also caught a TD through the air for us as well. We were just a few yards from the end zone with seconds left in the 4th down 30-27 with one last shot for the win or we could have played it safe and tryed to force OT. Went for the win with a HB Toss with Dixon and he just barely was stopped from getting into the end zone. That stunk.

Next week we are heading down to South Beach to play the also 0-2 Dolphins. It's a pretty big week since we can also start scouting players. Decided to start RG3 against Miami. Bengals and Ravens are tied for first with 2-0 records. Us and the Steelers are both 0-2. The only major piece that the Steelers are missing is Le'Veon Bell for 3 more weeks. That's it. Yet they are 0-2.

Last edited by Rocket32; 09-06-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:07 PM   #408
Rookie

Question about the coach in cfm. When I'm the coach I can't see the funds available. To my knowledge thats what dictates signing bonuses. So is there a limit on signing bonus money? Or is it on a screen I'm not seeing?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »