Home

Player Overall

This is a discussion on Player Overall within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player Overall

So we've entirely moved past the actual question, which I'm fairly curious about. I assume the ratings likely are based on "balanced" player style, so if one were to adjust their preferred player styles in the coach schemes menu then the overalls would change. Right? (I dont have an XBox 1 or an early copy)
Old 08-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
But, if the OVR correctly made that calculation for you, you wouldn't have to even look at the individual attributes. It's a time-saver.
Exactly, and each coach could be different. For example, I would like catching to be more than zero percent of my overall for ss.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:35 PM   #11
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo12308
So we've entirely moved past the actual question, which I'm fairly curious about. I assume the ratings likely are based on "balanced" player style, so if one were to adjust their preferred player styles in the coach schemes menu then the overalls would change. Right? (I dont have an XBox 1 or an early copy)
My apologies. Didn't mean to hijack your thread!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 05:58 PM   #12
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

They change but not as much or as clearly as I would like. I want it to be a major, clear difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaSimulator
My apologies. Didn't mean to hijack your thread!
No biggie, it's not mine - I was enjoying reading the two different opinions on the importance on an overall rating, but then realized that Timhere's scheme/player type question never got addressed and didn't want the thread to die without any attention coming back to it.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:10 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
No biggie, it's not mine - I was enjoying reading the two different opinions on the importance on an overall rating, but then realized that Timhere's scheme/player type question never got addressed and didn't want the thread to die without any attention coming back to it.
Hijack my thread, kidnap my wife. It's all good.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:25 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
They change but not as much or as clearly as I would like. I want it to be a major, clear difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That Is What I want. If I want a pass rush beast at lolb I could assign percentages to the attributes that would make that happen. Anybody that can't do that well would be rated very low at that position. Then I could put him in one linebacker formations that I want to Mike blitz out of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 01:07 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

This idea sounds like the perfect compromise for everyone who is debating whether OVR should be removed, hidden or kept as is.

Those that want it hidden or removed can essentially do it themselves by setting the parameters to basically one or two ratings (for me, Production would probably be set to about 90%) while those that like OVR could use the parameters that are programmed in by the devs.

Not only that, it goes a long way to defining a virtual coach's personality.

Brilliant idea, imho

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »