Home

Nano Blitz Detection

This is a discussion on Nano Blitz Detection within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 07:06 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Nano Blitz Detection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
It was a run fit screen, again the problem is it was a 6 man blitz vs 6 blockers, the A-Gap SHOULD NOT HAVE OPENED UP.

I watched the clip and paused a few times just to check it, the HB goes out wide EVEN THOUGH the RG & RT are there to block there guys, and because of this the A-Gap opens up.

The defense is in a 4-3 Over/Under front, it's not the A-Gap Nickel or 2-4-5 that I saw someone reference. I the defense had sent 7 rushers vs these 6 blockers my understanding of the video from the EA crew is that the A-Gap blitz will then work.

If there's going to be a free rushers 6 vs 6 it should be the outside LB (right side of the screen) <<< and he should be picked up by the HB, meanwhile the OL handles the 4 DL, and the ILB.

I'll take this TEMPORARY (as they work on a true fix for future titles) fix as no blitz should free up A-Gap pressure when the blockers to blitzers is even. In my opinion the stock blitzes, as well as B, & C gap pressures are still very capable. Essentially they gave us a temporary fix for guys who TOOK ADVANTAGE OF PROGRAMMING. As SIM users we should support the 'band-aid' until a true fix is implemented because immediate A-Gap pressure should not be there 6 on 6.
Defense is not in 43 in that gif, it's 3-4 Normal Pinch. Again, I think the nano detection is stupid in this case. To me a better alternative would have been for them to allow us to give our HB pass block commands like always check A gaps first, which is actually football related. Having a defender stop like he's in the matrix looks stupid and has nothing to do with football whatsoever. I'm all for stopping nanos, but do it within the parameters of football.

Do I agree that the A gap should not have opened up? That's up for debate and depends on the blocking scheme. Ideally a qtr slide could have dealt with this.

Again, I agree with getting rid of nanos, but as I said do it around football. I agree with Rex wanting to get rid of nanos, but i do not agree with his solution. And as far as development time, I'm not sure what I'm proposing would have taken up any more time then this matrix we have. Seems to me what they did takes more time development wise than what I'm proposing which is actually football related.

Last edited by LBzrule; 08-22-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0

Honestly..... I half way answered this in another post....

So they created a glitch to stop blitzing from the a gap which makes absolutely no sense. Instead of fixing the game they just through another glitch in there...

That only stops blitzes in the a gap. Ive found two more nano blitzes that the auto detection can't pick up on.. So they've implemented an auto detection glitch that doesn't fully work because it can't stop the two nano blitzes we just found.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:55 PM   #75
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Defense is not in 43 in that gif, it's 3-4 Normal Pinch. Again, I think the nano detection is stupid in this case. To me a better alternative would have been for them to allow us to give our HB pass block commands like always check A gaps first, which is actually football related. Having a defender stop like he's in the matrix looks stupid and has nothing to do with football whatsoever. I'm all for stopping nanos, but do it within the parameters of football.

Do I agree that the A gap should not have opened up? That's up for debate and depends on the blocking scheme. Ideally a qtr slide could have dealt with this.

Again, I agree with getting rid of nanos, but as I said do it around football. I agree with Rex wanting to get rid of nanos, but i do not agree with his solution. And as far as development time, I'm not sure what I'm proposing would have taken up any more time then this matrix we have. Seems to me what they did takes more time development wise than what I'm proposing which is actually football related.
We can't know for sure, but I feel like with these guys, if they could have implemented the football solution more easily, then they would have. Having to implement a blatantly artificially stopgap measure, that as you say, is completely non-football related, has to make them sick to their stomachs. Everyone knows that its not a good look at all. So I guess they felt like this was the lesser of bad choices, and decided to take the big hit on this issue, with real fix coming in the future.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmiles100
Honestly..... I half way answered this in another post....

So they created a glitch to stop blitzing from the a gap which makes absolutely no sense. Instead of fixing the game they just through another glitch in there...

That only stops blitzes in the a gap. Ive found two more nano blitzes that the auto detection can't pick up on.. So they've implemented an auto detection glitch that doesn't fully work because it can't stop the two nano blitzes we just found.
Maybe I don't get it because I don't play MUT or whatever. Blitzing up the middle and having a free rusher us a "thing" in the NFL. It happens and sometimes the QB gets flattened. Is it considered an exploit because the blocking dynamics of the line get confused by it and fail to work if defense aligns a certain way?
Old 08-22-2016, 10:35 PM   #77
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
Maybe I don't get it because I don't play MUT or whatever. Blitzing up the middle and having a free rusher us a "thing" in the NFL. It happens and sometimes the QB gets flattened. Is it considered an exploit because the blocking dynamics of the line get confused by it and fail to work if defense aligns a certain way?
This is exactly it. There are things you can do with line adjustments and defensive hot routes that confuse the AI and make it where the blitzing LB will come free every time.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-23-2016, 12:53 AM   #78
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

So it is known (since it was the OS stream in question and me playing) I support the Nano Blitz Detection. I just won't user A/B gap blitzers (very easy fix).

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-23-2016, 12:56 AM   #79
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
So it is known (since it was the OS stream in question and me playing) I support the Nano Blitz Detection. I just won't user A/B gap blitzers (very easy fix).
Does it only affect user blitzers? If that's the case, I'll never run into this as I only user the safety

Watch me play video games
Old 08-23-2016, 03:48 AM   #80
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

The root of all this mess is the ancient pass blocking and pass rushing system/code they are using. It's essentially been the same since Madden 2001. This area of the game is WAY past due for an overhaul and needs to be the number one gameplay focus for Madden 18 (we can only hope that they've been working on this in the background for a number of years). If not, I can't see myself ever purchasing this game again til it's addressed, it's baffling such a basic part of the game is so broken.

Last edited by Americas Team; 08-23-2016 at 04:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »