Home

Nano Blitz Detection

This is a discussion on Nano Blitz Detection within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 01:25 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Nano Blitz Detection

Haven't played yet. But this doesn't seem like a sound solution in theory. And really just serves as indicator to the mindset that IMO is hurting the advancement of the game. The mindset should be to fix the game breaking logic that creates nano blitz. Not to simply concede that nano blitz are in the game and create a blanket work around that also impacts and hinders sim play. Pass rushing has been an issue in past years games and this now lends itself even less of a pass rush. Will reserve final judgement until I play tomorrow but not feeling good about that.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:31 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 4

Haven't played yet. But this doesn't seem like a sound solution in theory. And really just serves as indicator to the mindset that IMO is hurting the advancement of the game. The mindset should be to fix the game breaking logic that creates nano blitz. Not to simply concede that nano blitz are in the game and create a blanket work around that also impacts and hinders sim play. Pass rushing has been an issue in past years games and this now lends itself even less of a pass rush. Will reserve final judgement until I play tomorrow but not feeling good about that.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll have to wait to see how it is implemented in the game. Based on Rex's explanation I am on board with this change, but I have big concerns on when it is triggered.

If this detection system triggers on stock blitzes or due to unrelated adjustments that would be a problem.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Good stuff. One thing this has me question against these types of blitzes though is why can't the user effectively call EA's pinch protection and then have the HB cut block the edge?
Old 08-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #61
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Good stuff. One thing this has me question against these types of blitzes though is why can't the user effectively call EA's pinch protection and then have the HB cut block the edge?
This was against the AI so I don't know if they can or cannot. I know there isn't a way to direct the HB to block a certain side but I can't tell if it's more or less effective than 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 01:52 PM   #62
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This was against the AI so I don't know if they can or cannot. I know there isn't a way to direct the HB to block a certain side but I can't tell if it's more or less effective than 16.

See, it would be great if a user could switch to a RB, still control the snap of the ball, but then user the RB to pick up a blitz...

I guess team play could work here too...

Still, Line play should be priority number 1 from this point onward, IMO.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #63
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Is that a contain or was that the run fit? I couldn't tell because that assignment doesn't show up until he pulls up the run fits screen. In any case, an audible is causing this to happen as well and that needs to change. If he did give that ILB a contain then I agree with the nano detection. What I don't agree with is the nano detection kicking in vs audibles.
It was a run fit screen, again the problem is it was a 6 man blitz vs 6 blockers, the A-Gap SHOULD NOT HAVE OPENED UP.

I watched the clip and paused a few times just to check it, the HB goes out wide EVEN THOUGH the RG & RT are there to block there guys, and because of this the A-Gap opens up.

The defense is in a 4-3 Over/Under front, it's not the A-Gap Nickel or 2-4-5 that I saw someone reference. I the defense had sent 7 rushers vs these 6 blockers my understanding of the video from the EA crew is that the A-Gap blitz will then work.

If there's going to be a free rushers 6 vs 6 it should be the outside LB (right side of the screen) <<< and he should be picked up by the HB, meanwhile the OL handles the 4 DL, and the ILB.

I'll take this TEMPORARY (as they work on a true fix for future titles) fix as no blitz should free up A-Gap pressure when the blockers to blitzers is even. In my opinion the stock blitzes, as well as B, & C gap pressures are still very capable. Essentially they gave us a temporary fix for guys who TOOK ADVANTAGE OF PROGRAMMING. As SIM users we should support the 'band-aid' until a true fix is implemented because immediate A-Gap pressure should not be there 6 on 6.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 08-22-2016, 02:03 PM   #64
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

This is what it looks like when you run the same blitz with no adjustments. It's going to be a learning process to figure out what activates the nano detection and what doesn't. But you can still definitely run A gap blitzes.
The difference in this clip is you blitzed 7 guys vs 6 and that is EXACTLY how it should work. If I rush more than you protect I expect a free rusher, whether it's the A, B, or C gap.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »