Home

On the Fence!

This is a discussion on On the Fence! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #49
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: On the Fence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
ppl overreact to everything. Honestly the gameplay itself is pretty much M16. Now for ppl saying it's not and the audio is better, audio ain't gameplay. lol

Side Note: Special Teams and the new kicking meter are great.
You did say if people say Madden 17 is better than 16, they are lying and didn't specify game play.

Off the bat, drag routes are much better covered this year, in 16 they were not.

And most important of all to me, weight matters in 17 vs 16. Player control is so much better in 17 vs 16.

The run fits and zones are much better in 17.

Just my observations after a few games

Last edited by roadman; 08-23-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:28 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7

This will be my first Madden since 2007 because they've FINALLY given full player editing, 32 team control and CPU vs. CPU. Love has been given to Franchise Mode. Once the patches have been worked out over the next 2 months, I'm buying.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:52 PM   #51
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm an offline solo franchise guy myself. What's holding me back is 1) the lack of me changing my opponents uniform without a second controller, 2) looks like they didn't even put in last years color rush alternates 3) graphics and gimmicks don't look much more than what was going on last year. 4) my one buddy who I would actually play a friendly online with had another kid so he let ps+ lapse 5)destiny and Star Wars are getting major content updates which I've already paid for, so I don't want to feel that I wasted money by not playing them. Not saying I still won't get madden, but this could be a skip year for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm concerned over the lack of improvements within CFM - scouting, Owners Mode, menu's, etc. For me, these parts of '16 were boring, lacked creativity, and overall an immersion killer.

Are the improvements they've made this year enough to overcome/overlook the lack of improvement in these areas?
Old 08-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #53
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I disagree with the crap talk, most of the regulars throughout the year have been playing 16 up till recently.

And we hope to get the new engine.

I stopped playing 16 about the second week of August just to give myself a break from Madden lol.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:21 PM   #54
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
M17 is pretty much M16. Just add some new bells and whistles plus a new kicking meter and there you go. Graphics always look the same each year.

If ppl say this madden is different then there Lieing to you. Now don't get me wrong it's fun but it's not game changing.

just another year of madden. Nothing to get hyped about.
Graphics are slighlty updated this year, I have noticed differences in stadiums between 17 and 16. Gillette Stadium,for instance, has a lot more detail than 16. Also, the commentary is completely different and unlike 16 you have full editing this year and ball physics (which do make a difference). The changed may not be ground breaking but they are there.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:56 PM   #55
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

What I want to know is what other sports games out there are making a huge leap every year? If a sports game improves every year and doesn't get worse or stay the same, how is that a bad thing? Personally I believe Madden is improving at a much greater rate than the other sports games out right now, except for maybe FIFA this year with frostbite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 04:18 AM   #56
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What I want to know is what other sports games out there are making a huge leap every year? If a sports game improves every year and doesn't get worse or stay the same, how is that a bad thing? Personally I believe Madden is improving at a much greater rate than the other sports games out right now, except for maybe FIFA this year with frostbite.
The difference is that other sports games, like FIFA or NHL, are already very solid games. The franchise/career modes are simulation, striving to be realistic and work from day 1 and so from year to year they only have to build on a solid foundation and make minor tweaks. I don't want NHL to make a "huge leap" because it would probably ruin it. Madden on the other hand is so far behind other sports games they are forced to try to make huge leaps every year because they have a ton of catching up to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »