Home

An In-Depth Look at Player Development and How It Works in M17

This is a discussion on An In-Depth Look at Player Development and How It Works in M17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 12:39 AM   #25
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: An In-Depth Look at Player Development and How It Works in M17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
this is incredibly useful information, thankyou for sharing

is there a guide anywhere on how to change a players development trait? I know in M17 its a new feature (Dynamic player development) but I've yet to see my players development change and am wondering what triggers it.
I think I remember reading that it's triggered by winning season awards like rookie of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 12:39 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

In my CFM, my 23 year old qb saw a huge increase in the price of his physical attributes after week 4. Speed cost jumped from 4500 to over 9000. I saw a similar increase in my 22 year old running backs trucking cost. Is there a reason based on your research for the physical ratings to increase dramatically mid-season like that?
Old 09-02-2016, 01:24 AM   #27
Banned

Once again DD really well done.

the problem with their formula is it leaves out what I like to call the Brady Coefficient. avocado ice cream should get you a 12.5% discount on all development packages
Old 09-03-2016, 01:02 PM   #28
Just started!

This thread appears to be the best place for this Q.

Whats the likelihood of players jumping up or down a Development trait? i.e. the Dynamic player trait system.

The original blog post suggests its entirely related to awards for progression, and not achieving your season goals for regression (dropping down one).

Does anyone know specifically how its influenced?

I ran a few tests trying to force the changes and it appears its not common, even in cases where you'd expect it (e.g. a rookie of the year).

When I did see it go from Normal to Quick, I had to actively look for it, there was no notification (unless I missed it somewhere)

Test I ran:

I started with Cowboys and changed the depth chart, made some roster cuts so that my team was starting their rookies:

1. Dak Prescott at QB (Average)
2. Malik Collins at DT (Average)
3. Jaylon Smith at MLB (Quick)

I did this a few times to try and force some awards. Simming 2 seasons each time.

Dak Prescott threw 34 TDs, and won Offensive rookie of the year - the only 'breakout' season I produced for a rookie while simming. His 'Very Hard' goal is 24 TDs.

He did not go up a trait to 'Quick'.

Interestingly, I randomly noticed that Lucky Whitehead went from Normal to Quick - and looking at his stats and awards, it was entirely due to his Punt Return. He led the league in Punt Returning. He had maybe 11 receptions all season.

Ezikiel Elliott had two horrible seasons. he rushed for 700 and 650 yards in Season 1 and 2. Won no awards and just hit its 'easy' Goals. But he remained at superstar.

So from this, its not entirely guaranteed that a breakout season equals a jump. (Prescott) and its not guaranteed that a poor season = a regression (Zeke).

It just increases the chance?

Its kind of disappointing that Dak Prescott didn't go up after a monster rookie season. But Lucky Whitehead did after a terrible season except for punt returning.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:13 PM   #29
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
does the game actually have each players birthday programmed in or are players ages increased at the same time each offseason?
It has their birthday in their information menu but all players age up the same time in off-season. It would be cool to have players recognized on their birthday in game. I for one would like to see a another development trait. Like late bloomer. It would be hidden but it would work backwards from a normal player. Costs to upgrade would be cheaper after they're 26. As it is now everyone is basically on a steady incline until they start to decline. You don't really have someone really make a big splash a little later than everyone else. See James Harrison, Kurt Warner, even Josh McCown. But I would instead make skill traits cheaper.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2016, 02:37 PM   #30
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
I agree with you 100%. Even with a breakdown as simple as something like the following for the start of age related regression:

25 years old - 10%
26 - 60%
27 - 17%
28 - 10%
29 - 3%
Yeah, there should definitely be some exceptions, in particular for QBs since they tend to have longer primes. Romo didn't throw an NFL pass until he was 26, Kurt Warner didn't start a game until he was 28, etc. Kickers and Punters too should be considered.

But all in all, it's a good change that allows us to replicate the thought process of picking older, productive players in the draft vs younger, rawer guys with more potential.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 09-03-2016, 03:09 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyid89
This thread appears to be the best place for this Q.

Whats the likelihood of players jumping up or down a Development trait? i.e. the Dynamic player trait system.

The original blog post suggests its entirely related to awards for progression, and not achieving your season goals for regression (dropping down one).

Does anyone know specifically how its influenced?

I ran a few tests trying to force the changes and it appears its not common, even in cases where you'd expect it (e.g. a rookie of the year).

When I did see it go from Normal to Quick, I had to actively look for it, there was no notification (unless I missed it somewhere)

Test I ran:

I started with Cowboys and changed the depth chart, made some roster cuts so that my team was starting their rookies:

1. Dak Prescott at QB (Average)
2. Malik Collins at DT (Average)
3. Jaylon Smith at MLB (Quick)

I did this a few times to try and force some awards. Simming 2 seasons each time.

Dak Prescott threw 34 TDs, and won Offensive rookie of the year - the only 'breakout' season I produced for a rookie while simming. His 'Very Hard' goal is 24 TDs.

He did not go up a trait to 'Quick'.

Interestingly, I randomly noticed that Lucky Whitehead went from Normal to Quick - and looking at his stats and awards, it was entirely due to his Punt Return. He led the league in Punt Returning. He had maybe 11 receptions all season.

Ezikiel Elliott had two horrible seasons. he rushed for 700 and 650 yards in Season 1 and 2. Won no awards and just hit its 'easy' Goals. But he remained at superstar.

So from this, its not entirely guaranteed that a breakout season equals a jump. (Prescott) and its not guaranteed that a poor season = a regression (Zeke).

It just increases the chance?

Its kind of disappointing that Dak Prescott didn't go up after a monster rookie season. But Lucky Whitehead did after a terrible season except for punt returning.
I had Jalen Ramsey regress to Quick because he didn't hit his season goal for INT's. Don't think he had a single one.

I've done save/load tests and can say that there is a randomness factor for sure. With a rookie WR who won ROY, WROY, lead in TD and Rec, on some loads he would progress to Quick, on others he would stay at Normal.

Also, in the player card's 3rd tab, it will tell you in the notes exactly when and why a player dev trait progresses or regresses. No need to guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 03:40 PM   #32
Rookie

26 seems pretty young for players to be hitting the "wall" on their development.

Most QB's don't really hit their prime until their late 20's and early 30's. Offensive lineman are another group that peak later in their careers.

Thankfully you can adjust XP sliders, tdawg has a good set that helps counter what the dev team has implemented. Otherwise it'd take an entire season to improve your right guard by one point to run blocking.

I like the idea, but the "wall" age should've been 29 in my opinion.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »