Home

Do WR screens and DE pass rush work this year?

This is a discussion on Do WR screens and DE pass rush work this year? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 01:27 AM   #1
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Do WR screens and DE pass rush work this year?

Im on the fence about buying this years game. I love running a zone running style offense with a lot of wr screens mixed in. Last year WR screens were pretty bad. Do they work this year at least decently? Also I play a cover 2 defense which really only works with a good 4 man pass rush. 4 man rush was awful last year and wondering if its possible to get good pressure with a good DL this year like the Rams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 01:32 AM   #2
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Do WR screens and DE pass rush work this year?

I think that screens have been MASSIVELY improved. You can run bubble until someone walks a guy over there now, PA screens are great against guys playing off cover 3.

As far as pass rush goes, it is better, but you can tell when you don't have a great pass rush. Qb can pop up a lawn chair and wait for them...

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 08-25-2016, 01:34 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
Im on the fence about buying this years game. I love running a zone running style offense with a lot of wr screens mixed in. Last year WR screens were pretty bad. Do they work this year at least decently? Also I play a cover 2 defense which really only works with a good 4 man pass rush. 4 man rush was awful last year and wondering if its possible to get good pressure with a good DL this year like the Rams.
You have to blitz to get pressure. The 4 man rush generates pressure a ridiculously low percentage of the time, leaving the QB plenty of time to do bad things to your secondary. You gotta blitz lots.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:53 AM   #4
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10

I've had some pretty good WR screens already, so yes, they're much improved.

Pass rush is what it is, unfortunately. You can manually control a DE/DT and get pressure, but if you play LB or DB, then it's just one big patty cake fest in the trenches and the QB has all day to throw.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:03 AM   #5
Rookie

saybur's Arena

OVR: 0

Like others said, screens actually work now.

As for sacks tho, I think every sack I've had so far was a coverage sack. I haven't touched the sliders yet, maybe they can fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 07:47 AM   #6
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

They absolutely work this year. Just be careful. Cole Beasley (my slot WR), did not make it to his block assignment and the corner defending the target receiver made a great read and play to pick me off for 6.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:32 AM   #7
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Playing friends online on All-Madden I will vouch that the pass rush from a really good front four is there <<< Carolina in my case.

For some of the weaker 4-3 fronts, and with the 3-4 teams you'll want to send at least five to force 1 v 1 against the OL, and the HB if kept in can only pick up one of the guys that gets through.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 08-25-2016, 09:07 AM   #8
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

The pass rush is there... It was there last year too after all the patches got released. But it's definitely there this year; on all madden at least... cant confirm for any other setting. I have been playing with the Falcons. They had like the fewest sacks in the NFL last year and I've been getting consistent pressure. Might want to look into rotating your line more. If your guys get the least bit fatigued you can forget it. I rotate my defensive line every 4 plays.

The one thing that is frustrating that EA still hasnt gotten right is the quick wins. You just don't see an end get a jump on a tackle and get that blindside sack right as the quarterback finishes his drop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »