Home

Wide open drops!!!

This is a discussion on Wide open drops!!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 04:34 PM   #41
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Wide open drops!!!

played a couple of game, i didn`t see any issues with it. i love that WR are not magnetic. we all complain about how we want players to play to their ratings that QB are all the same if they are too accurate, personally WR was anothoer position were i felt they were all the same. I`m glad that catching is realistic now.

the older i get i realize that people who said they want realism, they just don`t want realism.

erratic passes, they complain
realistic drops, they complain

this happens every sunday several times per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 04:37 PM   #42
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0

what ppl need to do is say if there playing online, offline, user catching, player locking while being a Running back. Etc...

The game can play so different in different game modes with different settings. There needs to be a base reading on what the issue is with drops. (example: which plays and which players on which settings, etc...)
Old 08-23-2016, 04:38 PM   #43
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Thanks for posting this. For the record, in my time with that trial I haven't witnessed this at all.

After reading the impressions thread I find it funny to see all the contradictory impressions. One guy says the CPU can't run the ball, next guy says he's getting torched on the ground by the CPU. Saw a guy post that in the entirety of his trial he didn't see one defensive holding penalty. My first CFM game against Seattle, they had 2 in the first half. Next guy says he can't run the ball. I played games with less than 30 yards total rushing and then others where I was over 150. People need to give the game a chance. It's different this year. How one can expect to play this version of Madden the same as every other and get the same results is comical?

It's just too easy to pile on. People read impressions and then whether they know it or not they subconsciously start looking for things and can't give an unbiased take. It's kind of annoying because this is how things end up getting tuned or patched that really don't need it.

I'm not saying the OP isn't seeing a ton of drops. However, I would suggest playing at least 5-10 games without touching a slider and then give a real impression.

End of rant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the word you are looking for to describe the contradiction is "hyperbole"

Old 08-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #44
Rookie

Finished one full season already playing 15 min 15 runoff...default all pro.....I've seen about 15 total and always made sense....I don't understand where everyone is seeing this....its very realistic to me
Old 08-23-2016, 04:43 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

I'm not saying the OP isn't seeing a ton of drops. However, I would suggest playing at least 5-10 games without touching a slider and then give a real impression.

End of rant

Ive played over 60 games, I never touch the sliders because I play online only.
I hate their franchise mode, I believe it needs to be overhauled. Ive seen the same issues with it for 5 years straight.

But hey it is what it is... About to jump back on the sticks I need to get in the top 50 before the day is over
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmiles100
RANT OF THE DAY!

The amount of drops by wide open receivers is ruining it for me...
I mean c'mon man why put out a game with this many bugs year in and year out.
Every year its the same thing over and over: An unfinished product.

And were supposed to be happy when they send updates to fix the game they didn't finish
You mean just like in the NFL. There is a slider that addresses this.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:34 PM   #47
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I love where it is at right now just like with fumbles. I have noticed guys with lower CIT ratings will drop it a lot, as they should, whereas guys like Fitz or Edelman will almost always catch it with the occasional drop.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:46 PM   #48
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I love where it is at right now just like with fumbles. I have noticed guys with lower CIT ratings will drop it a lot, as they should, whereas guys like Fitz or Edelman will almost always catch it with the occasional drop.

Exactly. Make ratings matter. Before all wr felt the same except for speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »