Home

Fumbles - Where do you stand?

This is a discussion on Fumbles - Where do you stand? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Fumbles - Where do you stand?

I hated it at first. Then I got used to the speed of the game now I love it.

I guess its like a college QB coming into the NFL, the speed of the game is faster so you have to make quicker decisions with the ball.. If you wait too long and try to throw it you'll likely fumble. I hope EA dosent tune it out, keep it that way it is.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #18
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

I have no issue with the fumbles.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #19
Rookie

I have mixed feelings, while playing superstar mode with my created QB I fumbled 5 times I the first game. It seemed like every time I got hit I fumbled. Second games I adjusted slider up to 60 and only fumbled twice and I can handle that. While playing online head to head never fumbled once so it isn't a big deal to me either way.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:54 PM   #20
Rookie

It's so real now....please don't patch it....they never patched the garbage incompletions before, don't do the opposite, SIM nation at it's best
Old 08-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 2

I guess we each have are own opinions, I don't mind the reg fumbles, But we play coach mode and CPU vs CPU.. If you are controlling the QB, you can learn to throw the ball away or tuck it.. But CPU teams can't. And for that kind of play, there is way to much of it ( OB fumbles that is ) I guess a slider adjustment would take care of it, but that would change all the fumbles. I know this is great news for thumb jockey's but for guys that play like we do, it's a problem. Hopefully we will find a solution with out a patch.. Any suggestions.???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #22
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I've seen enough discussion on this in various areas that I would like to consolidate it to one place.

My opinion on fumbles is that they are perfect with the exception of two areas:

• QB fumbles when their arm is moving forward
  • Recievers fumble immediately after the catch without making a 'football move'

I LOVE the number of fumbles. I think they are spot on. And the two issues I listed are smaller in the terms that it is the game not recognizing the animation for what it is.

I think QB fumbles as a whole are perfect. Last year throwing the ball at the last second was a crutch for people to not have to feel a pass rush. It was an incomplete pass most of the time and you weren't punished for missing a blitz. This year reading/feeling pressure is paramount.

I hope upon all hope that the frequency of times the ball carrier is stripped doesn't get patched. I've seen some complaining but you don't get stripped if you cover the ball. That's realistic. People attempting to gain the extra yard should absolutely understand the perils of using jukes/trucks in groups of people. And if a defender is catching up to you from behind - COVER THE BALL!

What are your thoughts on fumbles as a whole and in specific situations?

No issues with the fumbles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 05:37 PM   #23
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Hope they don't patch it. As much as it bothered me at first during the trial (only the QB fumbles) I realized it was more because of the way I had become use to playing Madden over the years, waiting to throw at the last second knowing that the punishment was none existent.

I would keep it as is. Madden 16 was pretty good out of the box but was ruined by too many patches that killed the core gameplay. Really hope they don't do that again. Fixing glitches and real problems is one thing, but changing how the game plays because "it's hard" or frustrating is not cool.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:37 PM   #24
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

my only gripe about fumbles is a lot of times it seems like the QBs arm is moving forward and they rule it a fumble. I've also seen some wonky stuff like my last game my QB was sacked while trying to throw and it said FUMBLE and the commentators acknowledged a fumble yet it was ruled incomplete.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »