Home

Fumbles - Where do you stand?

This is a discussion on Fumbles - Where do you stand? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #33
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fumbles - Where do you stand?

I think the fumbles are great.

No more being able to hold onto the ball as qb longer than you should be able to without a consequence.

Also , ive heard on social media some complaining about the punch out feature. I absolutely LOVE this feature. If the ball carrier is not got high carrying attribute and doesnt have cover ball for all hits traits... he should be able to have the ball punched out. Heck even a guy with good hands can have it happen in real life :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcHvD2Y82b8

Sorry i dont recall how to post video here.

I am always yelling at guys in real life on the tv that they need to punch that ball out, the guy is carrying it too loose, now i can actually make them do it. I love it!

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-24-2016, 04:28 PM   #34
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

I think it is spot on after 5 games in my CFM, the only thing I have encountered so far is when I tap X to slide with my QB it sometimes causes him to dive forward, resulting in a fumble almost 90% of the time.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #35
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
I think it is spot on after 5 games in my CFM, the only thing I have encountered so far is when I tap X to slide with my QB it sometimes causes him to dive forward, resulting in a fumble almost 90% of the time.
I do know that QB slide was changed to LT + RT + X / L2 + R2 + Square, identical to the WR Give Up command (and apparently also the QB give up command, as detailed earlier in this thread).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 04:54 PM   #36
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I do know that QB slide was changed to LT + RT + X / L2 + R2 + Square, identical to the WR Give Up command (and apparently also the QB give up command, as detailed earlier in this thread).
so thats how you make the qb slide now? dang it,that explains that, i need to work on that one. thanks.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-25-2016, 01:13 AM   #37
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I've seen enough discussion on this in various areas that I would like to consolidate it to one place.

My opinion on fumbles is that they are perfect with the exception of two areas:
  • QB fumbles when their arm is moving forward
  • Recievers fumble immediately after the catch without making a 'football move'

I LOVE the number of fumbles. I think they are spot on. And the two issues I listed are smaller in the terms that it is the game not recognizing the animation for what it is.

I think QB fumbles as a whole are perfect. Last year throwing the ball at the last second was a crutch for people to not have to feel a pass rush. It was an incomplete pass most of the time and you weren't punished for missing a blitz. This year reading/feeling pressure is paramount.

I hope upon all hope that the frequency of times the ball carrier is stripped doesn't get patched. I've seen some complaining but you don't get stripped if you cover the ball. That's realistic. People attempting to gain the extra yard should absolutely understand the perils of using jukes/trucks in groups of people. And if a defender is catching up to you from behind - COVER THE BALL!

What are your thoughts on fumbles as a whole and in specific situations?

Havnt gotten to play the game yet loading it right now but you are saying you still see clear incompletions being called fumbles like last year? I was really hoping that was fixed.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:07 AM   #38
Rookie

saybur's Arena

Playing on default All-Pro in CFM, fumbles seem a bit too high to me. For example, in week 2 of my Bengals franchise playing the Steelers, there was a total of six fumbles. Three by each team.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:46 PM   #39

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I must be one of the few that thinks fumbles are ridiculously overdone. I dont know what is causing my issues, Im not one to sit there and juke everywhere or do anything to leave my runner in a position where he could get drilled causing a fumble yet through 3 games Carlos Hyde has fumbled 5 times and as a team Ive fumbled 10 times, 3 from the QB position which doesnt bother me but Hyde having 5 in 3 games with a carry rating of 86 is just stupid. It doesnt matter if Im using sprint, doesnt matter if I hold R1 to protect, he just puts it on the ground over and over again. I know my Niners are pretty bad, ratings wise theyre the second worst team in the game, but its amazing that every time I keep a game close with a team I shouldn't necessarily beat, ie. Carolina and Seattle, the fumbles start coming in droves and then it spirals out of control. Apparently I'm one of the few that feel this way but I have no idea why I just constantly fumble the ball.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:09 PM   #40
Pro

Perfect,but i'm sure the tune it down for the online crowd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »