Home

Why isn't there a simple season mode?

This is a discussion on Why isn't there a simple season mode? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 01:50 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why isn't there a simple season mode?

Couldn't agree more with the OP. I prefer gameplay over management aspect of the game and loved the old 'Season mode'. Wish EA would bring it back instead of forcing folks who want to play Season mode to jump through the CFM/franchise mode hoops.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:53 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

IMO one of the better options would be that when you go into CFM to start franchise mode, it asks you whether you want to play 'Season' or multiple seasons. If I select 'Season' i get the old mode without any management bells & whistles.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:15 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
CFM forces a lot more on people than just having to look at stuff, number one it plays differently than play now. Even bigger than that though and probably the biggest gripe I have is simming the preseason destroys the roster. Some people want to download an updated roster, and play regular season week 1, using 32 team control, period. CFM makes this very, very difficult. Simming preseason wrecks the rosters. If you want accurate rosters to play 1 season, you have to go through each team and trim the roster and fix the depth chart either week, by week, by week, of the preseason, or sim the entire preseason and then try to fix each roster afterwards, and it sucks. Don't say to set the CPU moves to off either, because it doesn't work, the rosters still get butchered. It takes hours upon hours, that could be avoided giving a simple season mode, that used to be there. If people can't understand why some want to avoid all that extra work, that is why. You can't do a bunch of play now games because season players want stat tracking.
j
Exactly! And if you took a mode out that was in for 20 years, you could certainly update coding to put it back in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 02:19 PM   #36
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Now consider the other side, if what you say is true, ask yourself why that is. The reason is that what you want to do can already be done in CFM.
Yes, understood, and this is what I currently do.

I have been playing sports video games since Atari, and Mattel Electronics before that. But that interest has waned in recent years. One reason is that I have limited time to play, and it seems and increasing amount of time is now spent waiting for sports games to load, waiting for them to simulate actions (I won't use), navigating through cluttered menus. It can become a bit of a chore. Not saying this is the end of the world, nor a game killer....but there have been times that I have been on the fence to play but decided "Meh, forget it" due to the thought of the aforementioned. So that is my motivation on topic, in addition to the fact that I believe this would be simple for EA to do.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:34 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

So. If I do 32 team control. I can play any scheduled game, control rosters, transactions, etc. from week one on? ALSO what mode would I use to just play offense for both teams? I.E. Switch back and forth between teams during the game? I'm thinking of buying if I can do this. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »