Home

New Commentary Update Available Now For Madden NFL 17, Lets Us Know What You're Hearing

This is a discussion on New Commentary Update Available Now For Madden NFL 17, Lets Us Know What You're Hearing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 10:09 PM   #49
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: New Commentary Update Available Now For Madden NFL 17, Lets Us Know What You're H

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
Just started a play now game browns vs bucs

The announcers talked about how well RG3 played in second preseason game and his long ball throwing... Then threw a pass to Pryor and after the catch they said he had a 50 yard td catch in preseason 2 and beat one best cb's Desmond trufont.

They should have done this sooner so much better kudos ea
This is a trend I REALLY hope other sports games can emulate. I doubt it, but man, it's so nice.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:41 PM   #50
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: New Commentary Update Available Now For Madden NFL 17, Lets Us Know What You're H

Heard then comment tonight on Baltimore showing the phelps race during the game last week.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!
Old 08-24-2016, 10:44 PM   #51
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Was just playing a Play Now game against the Broncos and they started a little back and forth about the Bengals practicing at a high school this past week and how Dre Kirkpatrick forgot his cleats and had to borrow a pair from a high school player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 10:50 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 1

Some of the context is still pretty bad for the commentary. No it isn't that surprising I'm bringing out the field goal unit on first down in a tied game with 2 second left from the 10.

Or criticizing the opponent for going for it on 4th with no timeouts, down 7, with less than a minute left.

Last edited by fballturkey; 08-24-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:56 PM   #53
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
Stuff like this is why I bought Madden again for the first time in a while.

You need to reward when a company works hard for your business and doesn't get lazy. It's why I dont support the EA fifa devs and purchased Madden.

Lol. Wha-wha-wha-WHAT???!!! Lol. Agree to disagree (on the FIFA devs). FIFA has been at the forefront of gaming for years! Lol. That game has been fantastic for years, and it keeps getting better and more realistic! I've been playing the FIFA 17 beta, and HOLY SH-T!!! They gave infinity engine to madden, because they were ahead of their time and certainly ahead of madden. Now, they're the first ea sports game to use frostbite, and let me tell u, the player models look AMAZING! The wrinkles on players' jerseys actually MOVE!! Lol. Anyways, I'm a fan of madden (Rex's madden team) AND FIFA. But, when I first started playing FIFA around 10 years ago, I was amazed at how much more realistic the game was to soccer compared to madden to football. The gameplay and ball physics in FIFA are now truly amazing. So, I don't think FIFA devs are 'lazy'. Lol. They just created the 'story mode' thing, too. I'm not sure what their franchise looks like, cause I only play h2h FIFA. But, anyways, that game and their dev team has always been innovative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2016, 10:59 PM   #54
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Impressive!!

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 08-24-2016, 11:00 PM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Not to be too critical and I am sure to be in the minority but are these updates a waste of time. I mean think about. All the commentary they added last week after week 1 is probably no longer being used or will be outdated pretty soon. Unless your playing just play now games some of the new dialogue will never be heard in a CFM and may ot even make sense in it if it is being used. Would it be better to add more commentary that could be used in different situations during a game and not just specific ones based on real life

If they're adding both I am ok with it, but if they are just adding real life stories, I think I'd rather have other lines being recorded.

Again I may be in the minority but I like CFM specific stuff over real life lines (always have...even before this year)
There's always one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 11:13 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
There's always one.
I completely agree with him, and I'm sure a lot of CFM people do. I'd rather have lines that'll be relevant for a long time than stuff that won't be in a week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »