Home

CPU Press Coverage

This is a discussion on CPU Press Coverage within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 08:36 PM   #9
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: CPU Press Coverage

I would say yes, the game is picking up on tendencies. I lost Eli and Beckham right at the beginning of the season. Brought in Geno Smith. I used quicker passes, rarely went more than 10 yards on a pass and focused on running the ball.

Finally got Eli and Beckham back. They presses hard and paid for it as I opened up the pass game. Next game the defense was backing off more.

Pretty shocking to see Madden actually handle it this way. Caught me completely off guard.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:40 PM   #10
Rookie

atlgator's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz17
I was playing as AJ McCarron and the CB's pressed.. I threw 3 TD's 50+ yards because the WR's simply beat them at the line..
Imagine what it was like for me when they pressed Julio Jones constantly..
Old 08-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I would say yes, the game is picking up on tendencies. I lost Eli and Beckham right at the beginning of the season. Brought in Geno Smith. I used quicker passes, rarely went more than 10 yards on a pass and focused on running the ball.

Finally got Eli and Beckham back. They presses hard and paid for it as I opened up the pass game. Next game the defense was backing off more.

Pretty shocking to see Madden actually handle it this way. Caught me completely off guard.
yes, actually I do think the game is noticing either tendency or simply assessing how good your QB is and whether they can sell out the deep pass in order to challenge you with blitzes / press.

This is actually very positive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 09:50 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere.

Am I the only one seeing the CPU use press coverage every single play? And I mean every play.
I've seen alot of that and then receivers easily beating the corner deep on All Pro. All Madden skill level no where near as much.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:51 PM   #13
Rookie

THIS! I've been searching for answers for this. I'm playing as my niners in franchise. I'm not using any sliders, just playing on all pro. I wouldn't say it's happening on every play, but I'll get it from time to time. If I see someone on press coverage against Torrey Smith then I'm hot routing it to a fade (although it turns into a streak) and he tends to beat them on the streaks. I'll usually only do it if the FS isn't playing deep or there's only one safety playing deep.

My first game was against the Rams, Torrey Smith had 4 Receptions, 96 Yards and 2 TD's. Won 24-19

Next game was against the Panthers, threw it deep to smith only a few times. He ended up with 8 receptions, 146 Yards and 1 TD. Won 20-16. Defense sacked Cam 7 times. Probably would've lost if Jonathan Stewart didn't fracture his foot in the first quarter. He had 66 yards on 11 carries.

And in my last game, torrey had 5 receptions on 118 yards. Won 20-6. It honestly should've been a blown out. Seahawks should've blown me out, but they kept turning the ball over in the red zone. I don't user in any of my games. Wilson threw for 364 Yards, 0 TD's and 4 INT. Thomas Rawls fumbled once as well. Jimmy Graham didn't play, he has a torn hamstring or something along those lines. Please tell me it was purely luck. Idk I'm thinking about switching to all madden.

I haven't played with any good quarterbacks yet, so hopefully you are right about this only affecting bad QB's. But then again, I want this patched in.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:47 PM   #14
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Does Romo still count as a good QB? lol Yeah I had a couple easy bombs last night. Didn't realize what was going on in coverage till I read this. Has anybody messed with the sliders to lessen this. Like cpu pass coverage?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #15
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

I totally believe this to be true.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #16
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Yeah really don't like how much they do it, you wanna press Alshon all day? Sure lemme take my tds

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »