Home

AI QB Scrambles

This is a discussion on AI QB Scrambles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 10:43 PM   #9
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AI QB Scrambles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
mrprice,

In Armor&Swords slider thread it has been suggested that you uninstall and reinstall the game as a remedy until a patch comes. I have not done this yet but others seem to say that made a difference. This remedy sucks for digital owners..
When we re-install, is it w/ or w/o the tuner? I downloaded the tuner the 1st time?
Old 08-24-2016, 10:50 PM   #10
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

1. The developers have confirmed the standing in the pocket bug, and have tracked it down. I'm assuming there is a fix coming shortly.

2. It was a Game Changer who suggested the uninstall/reinstall fix, not EA.

Thanks.

If anyone has any questions, please private message me instead of cluttering the thread.
Ok good news! Thanks Roadman!
Old 08-24-2016, 11:06 PM   #11
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I have not done it yet D8 but I'm assuming you just uninstall the game and reinstall it. I'm on x1 so I just go to manage game>uninstall game
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 11:19 PM   #12
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah is it just the 28.8 gb game data we need to re install or do we have to delete our madden profiles/sliders with it as well???

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-24-2016, 11:25 PM   #13
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Wanted to separate this out from the main Bugs and dev tweets thread to discuss.

Note: THIS IS NOT THE "AI QB WON'T PASS AT ALL" GLITCH. THAT'S A SEPARATE ISSUE

So I am testing this now. Cover 2 man is traditionally a defensive call that will induce QB runs because there are no intermediate defenders and no one assigned to the QB. I am playing defense only against Tyrod Taylor and am charting situations as "missed scramble opportunities."

Now, QBs shouldn't theoretically scramble all that much. This postfrom 2013 states that there are about 2.8 QB scrambles total per game, about 1.4 per team. However, using a strategy where we run a very scramble-friendly defense we should induce about that many from the AI QBs.

If you're interesting in working on this problem, please try to replicate my testing (perhaps with a better man defense), and take screens when you think the QB should have run, such as this one below:

The more evidence I can get on this the better chance I have of getting it tuned, if it's not already being worked on.

Part of the problem has to be that the size of the pocket is about as big as the field. (I may be exaggerating slightly) How can the react to pressure trait trigger or a need to scramble activate if the pocket is so ridiculously loose that hes able to stand there all day. The pocket and line movement is an absolute eyesore.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:29 PM   #14
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

I've already noticed this to be a big issue. This definitely needs to be fixed.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #15
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Played a game where I tried to outright encourage Kaepernick to scramble. He outright refused. I know he's not the highest IQ player, but with some of the looks I was giving him, I have to think he should opt to use his legs. Instead he wants to hang onto the ball.

In the video the checkdown is available, but he seems locked in on the deep routes. Even when the routes breakdown, he refuses to use his legs to attack all the space I've left open.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 10:13 AM   #16
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

When I deleted the tuner file, it seems like Scrambling QB's did scramble a little. Not as much as last year but they did scramble.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »