Home

AI QB Scrambles

This is a discussion on AI QB Scrambles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #241
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: AI QB Scrambles

I believe one of the main reasons is that they do little if any testing with human vs cpu. I believe most of their testing and focus is human v human, online, etc. Many of the issues I have seen have to do with cpu controlled teams. It's the only explanation I can come up with. You would think they would have learned by now.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #242
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I believe one of the main reasons is that they do little if any testing with human vs cpu. I believe most of their testing and focus is human v human, online, etc. Many of the issues I have seen have to do with cpu controlled teams. It's the only explanation I can come up with. You would think they would have learned by now.

C
You bring up an excellent point

I would love to see them lock a guy in the room for 3-4 months out of the year and have him do nothing but test the actual human vs cpu gameplay prior to release which would reduce the amount of issues we keep getting out of the box

I'm sure it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out hey these QB's aren't running at the appropriate times or even mention the human qb is way too accurate out of the box every year.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #243
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I hate to be the bad apple in the thread but IMO why should we need to go through all the uninstall and reinstall tactics or experiments just to get QB's to simply move around in the pocket or 1% of the time take off and run?

The real issue is once again we get a game by EA that has mind boggling issues out of the box (Qb Scramble)......

It seems like every year something is broken and they don't find out until we dummy test it for them.....

It was just 3 years ago they created NCAA 14 which has non-stop QB scrambling.....

I love the game this year which is arguably the best Madden in quite sometime but how do you release a game not knowing that guys like Cam Newton and RG III are practically sitting ducks in the pocket?

In NCAA I've seen guys with 60 speed have enough brains to take off and run if the opportunity presented itself

Zone or Man Coverage it doesn't matter they run and they run some more....

I'm just totally confused as to how this even happened to begin with in Madden 17.....and we have to stress out over something that IMO should be flawless in a video game WHEN IT COMES TO QB'S IN THE NFL TODAY
The odd though PM, some people had this issue, some people didn't.

I mean, who the heck had a QB go without throwing a pass the first half and the user team record 11 sacks. I didn't see anyone else around here state that, so, who the heck would believe me? I went to the Bears QB stats and it was looking like a blank chalkboard, no names, nothing.

Now, others were reporting issues that QB's wouldn't scramble, but not to the extent that I saw it. I hopped on Twitter and both Clint and Rex responded reasonably quickly and said they tracked down the bug. Is it where it should be? No, something is going on with the traits, etc, having QB's throw the ball away or not scrambling right away.

I used to believe a company like EA has 300 employees, that is 600 eyes, with 150 testers, that it brings up to 900 eyes.

A million copies are sold the 1st week, approximately, and that is 2 million eyes.

The 2k game isn't even out yet, and people are stating, and rightfully so, that OH passes are still floaty. One of the developers said they are working on a fix for a patch for it.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:59 PM   #244
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
You bring up an excellent point

I would love to see them lock a guy in the room for 3-4 months out of the year and have him do nothing but test the actual human vs cpu gameplay prior to release which would reduce the amount of issues we keep getting out of the box

I'm sure it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out hey these QB's aren't running at the appropriate times or even mention the human qb is way too accurate out of the box every year.
I can`t say it any better. Every year is the same story with same elements. They may fix it next year with the "how QB are mobile now" and then on 18 they go back to being a sitting duck. I don`t understand how this things happen.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #245
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I totally agree Playmakers. I don't feel the game is tested thoroughly by QA for us offline franchise players. I would be more than happy (as I am sure so many others around here would be as well) to beta test the game before release for a month to spot issues and wonky stuff.

It's not hard to do. But every year, we play the heck out of the game, spot the trouble area's and bam they work on it via patches and tuners.

M16 had amazing support and I am positive M17 will too. I expect this big patch we are waiting on is going to really give the game a much needed tune up...and probably tighten up things we may not even notice as well.

But I agree whole heartedly. We should not have to figure out workarounds for this stuff. I want the game's AI to be as tuned and as tighter as say MLB The Show out of the box. That game is incredible every year with it's AI. Best in the business.

Football is much tougher....no doubt. 22 guys all doing things at the same time. It's a crazy tough task. But QB is the single most important position on the field and the QB AI needs to be on point at this stage of the game. NCAA 14....the pocket awareness by the CPU was spot on.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 12:12 AM   #246
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I totally agree Playmakers. I don't feel the game is tested thoroughly by QA for us offline franchise players. I would be more than happy (as I am sure so many others around here would be as well) to beta test the game before release for a month to spot issues and wonky stuff.

It's not hard to do. But every year, we play the heck out of the game, spot the trouble area's and bam they work on it via patches and tuners.

M16 had amazing support and I am positive M17 will too. I expect this big patch we are waiting on is going to really give the game a much needed tune up...and probably tighten up things we may not even notice as well.

But I agree whole heartedly. We should not have to figure out workarounds for this stuff. I want the game's AI to be as tuned and as tighter as say MLB The Show out of the box. That game is incredible every year with it's AI. Best in the business.

Football is much tougher....no doubt. 22 guys all doing things at the same time. It's a crazy tough task. But QB is the single most important position on the field and the QB AI needs to be on point at this stage of the game. NCAA 14....the pocket awareness by the CPU was spot on.
Yeah NCAA 14 had pretty good QB AI. QB was way too accurate tho.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2016, 08:01 PM   #247
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

C
I agree with this and think this is an area where they really suffer from being so stringent on pre-release footage. This was one of the first things I noticed when Sim released his EAPlay videos. But the thing is when we do finally see those videos we're constantly reminded that it's a work in progress, an early build, the devs are aware it, small sample size etc. and while that's all true when you start to see the same things in multiple videos it becomes apparent that certain things are beyond that and by the time we finally see them it's too late to do much. I don't know how many times I saw devs say that the OL wouldn't be like what we saw pre-release and I'm still constantly seeing my players waddle in place while guys blow by them.

It's definitely a positive that they had a closed beta and hopefully it'll be something that has a really positive impact but I think they could benefit even more from having as many eyes on the game as possible early on. I understand why they don't necessarily want that and the issues it could cause but I also feel like with the game taking solid steps forward every year that those issues aren't nearly as worrisome or be as damaging as they would have been four or five years ago. Plus, the information and feedback they could get from it would be greatly beneficial to creating a better game long term and at release.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:11 PM   #248
Banned

rich8682's Arena

I really think EA should release an open beta 3-4 months before the game drops.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »