Home

AI QB Scrambles

This is a discussion on AI QB Scrambles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2016, 09:12 PM   #249
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: AI QB Scrambles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
I really think EA should release an open beta 3-4 months before the game drops.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Thing is about 5 dedicated people would only need about 2 12 hour days to find most glaring issues. Have n hour or 2 debriefing where people find notes and it wouldn't take long to come to a consensus what needed to be addressed and what sliders actually do what they are supposed to. Get 20 testers a month and I can't even imagine the data that we could come up with.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #250
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Thing is about 5 dedicated people would only need about 2 12 hour days to find most glaring issues. Have n hour or 2 debriefing where people find notes and it wouldn't take long to come to a consensus what needed to be addressed and what sliders actually do what they are supposed to. Get 20 testers a month and I can't even imagine the data that we could come up with.
I would gladly beta test for 8+ hours a day for a few days, for free, and I'm far from the only one.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2016, 10:23 PM   #251
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Has anyone tried messing with different traits for the CPU AI? Was there a noticeable difference? I had a game against RG3 with 0 runs. Didn't think to change traits before tho.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 07:52 AM   #252
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Having actually done this I can say this couldn't be further from the truth. But alas.

Last edited by mrprice33; 09-12-2016 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:22 AM   #253
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Having actually done this I can say this couldn't be further from the truth. But alas.
In what sense? That the issues could not be found or that EA will not listen to the input?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:29 AM   #254
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
In what sense? That the issues could not be found or that EA will not listen to the input?
In the case that for every 1 bug that makes it to release there are probably another 10 that don't. It's impossible to catch everything.

Like this, for instance. So you're playing games against the CPU (our testing was almost exclusively CPU) and logging bugs, checking stats, checking replays, etc. In most games, a potential QB scramble comes up maybe once or twice per game, if that (I posted about this in the OP). So, when you're trying to look at literally every other element of the game (especially to test the new stuff), it's super easy to miss the one time that the AI had a lane to run through and didn't.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:50 AM   #255
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
In the case that for every 1 bug that makes it to release there are probably another 10 that don't. It's impossible to catch everything.

Like this, for instance. So you're playing games against the CPU (our testing was almost exclusively CPU) and logging bugs, checking stats, checking replays, etc. In most games, a potential QB scramble comes up maybe once or twice per game, if that (I posted about this in the OP). So, when you're trying to look at literally every other element of the game (especially to test the new stuff), it's super easy to miss the one time that the AI had a lane to run through and didn't.
Thanks for attempting to bring this issue to the devs attention. I will be sure to capture any clips of wonky CPU QB AI. Couple questions, you guys never saw the QB just throw the ball away with no intentional grounding called? And, can we confirm that the CPU has the ability to use the take the sack feature? I've never seen them do it.

No video evidence but my main issue is the lack of QBs making the decision to scramble as a 2nd option instead of the very last option when they are at the LoS. Some QBs will make a read or two and tuck it (for better or for worse) and you never see that in Madden 17, maybe because it was prevalent in a bad way on older Maddens where every QB tried to tuck and take off.

What they did with CPU RB vision, moves and "holy****hatsadefenderletmeatleasttrytochangedirect ions"! Has really helped the running game so let's just get the QB's on par. Thanks again for being the middle man we need.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #256
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
It only takes a a few dozen simulations to see if sim stats are on and that goes pretty quick. Sim a few seasons to see if draft classes work and season total sim stats seem reasonable.

It only took me about 5 minutes to realize the fga slider was broken just like last year, etc.

After about 10 games you could verify there is an issue with the QB scrambles.

I am not saying you can catch everything, but a group of people should be able to catch the major items.

It all depends what each individual person is looking it, but some of the things are noticable right away and still make it in. Of course there is the question if it can be easily fixed.

So I'm glad that they have guys like you that they allow to test, but it is boggling how some major issues creep in, like the scrambling issue and in the last NCAA football game, the safety play was so horrid that you could go over the top whenever you needed it on 3rd and long. That only took about 5 games to realize that was a game breaker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »