Home

Bringing the Veer and Shoot to the NFL.

This is a discussion on Bringing the Veer and Shoot to the NFL. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2016, 11:57 PM   #57
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bringing the Veer and Shoot to the NFL.

I wrote this earlier that has the formations and audibles for each book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Okay so I thought I'd put my Playbook out here, I got asked for it in a PM once, I'll go ahead and just make it public. PSN is B-Fort. I'll note that I primarily use this book for my Fantasy Draft CFM in which I have fast but awful WRs, fairly decent tight end options, nothing on the OL, Knile Davis as my top RB (though he hurt right now) and Blaine Gabbert leading the mess. My offense is garbage according to Madden.

For the XBox Users I'll list the formations I use as well as the audibles for that formation since those are key. ** means I really like this play for key situations. As a note any verticals play from a 3 receiver side is pretty much money against zones just wait for that middle receiver to free up about 20 yards deep, use possession catch, this frequently converts 3rd and longs for me.

Pistol:
Ace - HB Counter, HB Zone, ** Skinney Posts, PA Shot Go's
Bunch - Smash, HB Dive, Seattle, PA Deep In
Bunch TE - Flood, HB Zone, Curl Flat, Verticals
Slot Wing - HB Counter, HB Dive, Slants, PA Divide Shot
Spread - Quick Slants, HB Dive, ** RNS Post Drag, PA Deep In
Trips 4WR - Curl Flat Corner, HB Dive, Four Verticals, PA Deep In
Trips Open - ** Flood Post, HB Dive, Outs, PA Verticals
Wing Trips TE - Stick, HB Dive, DBL Post, PA Slot Out

Shotgun:
Ace Twins Offset - Outside Zone, Inside Zone, ** Posts, PA Verts
Bunch Open Offset - Flood, Inside Zone, Y Trail, Fake Screen Wheel
Double Flex - Slants Middle, Inside Zone, ** Deep Curl, PA Read
Flip Trips Eagle - Wide Trap, Inside Zone, ** Middle Hi Low, PA Read
Normal Y-Flex Offset - Outside Zone, Inside Zone, Angle Smash, Vikes Double Post
Spread HB Weak - Cake Read Option, Inside Zone, Smahs Corners, PA Dagger
Trey Offset - Stick, Inside Zone, Levels Sail, Verticals Y Drag
Trey Open Cowboy - ** HB Cross Screen, HB Base, HB Angle, *PA Cross Dig
Trey Open Offset - Strong Flood, Inside Zone, ** Curls Dig, PA Read
Trio - Flood, Inside Zone, Steeler Slot Out, PA Slot Corner
Trips Y Iso - ** PA Bubbly Y Look, Inside Zone, Slants Flat, PA Deep Outs

SingleBack:
Ace Pair - HB Stretch, HB Dive, TE Attack, PA Middle
Dice Slot - HB Counter, HB Dive, Curl Flats, PA Stretch
Eagle Trips - Curl Flat Corner, Inside Zone, Levels, ** PA FL Stretch
Jumbo - **HB Zone Wk, HB Dive, X Post, PA Dive
Jumbo Pair - HB Counter Wk, HB Dive, ** Y Stick, PA Power O
Slot Y Flex - HB Stretch, HB Dive, Slants, Inside Cross
Twin TE Chief - HB Zone Wk, HB Dive, TE Spot, PA Y-Drag Wheel

I added some bigger TE sets into this playbook since I started to facilitate running late in games to kill clock and improve inside the redzone when vertical passing can't be part of the offense.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:17 AM   #58
Rookie

Really digging this thread and been using it for my CPU vs CPU CFM... I have Dak as my QB and Derek Henry as my RB with Evans and Hill on the outside WR positions. Gotta get some more speed receiver's

I was wondering if you can post your star rating for each play. I don't have my Internet connection (moving so I needed to save some money for the new place) I would have downloaded your playbook but can't now 😢

The only thing I've done so far is double star the plays you put an star next to, they are my RedZone plays 😎
Old 02-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #59
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeStijl_Bishop
Really digging this thread and been using it for my CPU vs CPU CFM... I have Dak as my QB and Derek Henry as my RB with Evans and Hill on the outside WR positions. Gotta get some more speed receiver's

I was wondering if you can post your star rating for each play. I don't have my Internet connection (moving so I needed to save some money for the new place) I would have downloaded your playbook but can't now 😢

The only thing I've done so far is double star the plays you put an star next to, they are my RedZone plays 😎
I don't ever do the CPU vs CPU stuff, or anything where the game picks plays for me, so I didn't bother with puttings stars for each play based on the scenarios. Not entirely sure it would work well anyway since the system is based more on what the defense shows rather than the offensive situation.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
I don't ever do the CPU vs CPU stuff, or anything where the game picks plays for me, so I didn't bother with puttings stars for each play based on the scenarios. Not entirely sure it would work well anyway since the system is based more on what the defense shows rather than the offensive situation.
Guess this explains why I'm not seeing the full effect of the playbook in the game, CPU only going to pick random or high star plays

So do you play coach mode or you're actually playing (picking plays and controlling the players)?
Old 02-08-2017, 07:38 AM   #61
Rookie

My football IQ on actual schemes and playbook style isn't very high, but I enjoy running a bunch of trap and power runs, along with boot action and standard shotgun passing. I typically pass 35-40 times a game while running 20-30. I don't want to create a new playbook because then it would be difficult to do formation subs. So which default playbook in Madden 17 do you think would be best for my type of play style? I could just edit the gameplan and audibles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #62
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeStijl_Bishop
Guess this explains why I'm not seeing the full effect of the playbook in the game, CPU only going to pick random or high star plays

So do you play coach mode or you're actually playing (picking plays and controlling the players)?
I make all my own play calls, yea the game picking plays might be weird because 95% of them probably have no stars attached to them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »