Home

#1 Cornerback alignment

This is a discussion on #1 Cornerback alignment within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 11:42 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Angry Re: #1 Cornerback alignment

Is it possible that the CB is in the right place but the WR is in the wrong place? WR1s should be on the right side of the formation. I'm playing with the Bears and A.Jeffrey is on the left side.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:45 PM   #10

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: #1 Cornerback alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
Is it possible that the CB is in the right place but the WR is in the wrong place? WR1s should be on the right side of the formation. I'm playing with the Bears and A.Jeffrey is on the left side.
The x and y receiver should never be given an arbitrary "side of the field." It's generally based on the weak or strong side.

Not sure where you are even getting that from.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:53 PM   #11
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

We should have options to assign coverages and players by now to certain players like 2k's coach settings

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 11:54 PM   #12
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I believe it's the #1 wr is lined up as the #2. Someone actually brought it up earlier

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 12:36 AM   #13
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
#1 Cornerback alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The x and y receiver should never be given an arbitrary "side of the field." It's generally based on the weak or strong side.

Lol. We've been having this discussion in another thread. While u r absolutely correct that WRs 'should' have X and Z, we all know madden doesn't account for this. I have played with atl for years now, and madden has always put the wr1 on the right side of most formations. M17 is the first madden I have played that I can ever recall seeing Wr1 (Julio) line up on the left. This prompted me to posting in the glitches thread. I've chatted with mrprice33 about it. He started a thread about swapping cb1 and cb2. But, the thing is, imo, it really is more about having standard formations put wr1 on the right side as they have in years past. Now, this may not be the norm for all playbooks. I'm not sure what team u play with. But, maybe your team has always lined wr1 on the left? But, I also noticed Mike Evans for TB lined up on the right in M16, and now he's on the left in M17. So, I do think there was a shift in madden thoughts on where wr1 should line up. Again, I'd love to see X and Z designations, and, of course, we'd all like to see cover assignments as well, but since they're not in madden yet, there is a legit 'strangeness' to the wr1/wr2/cb1/cb2 in M17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 12:51 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

Uh, what NFL do you watch?

Your best WR plays predominately on the right side of the field because that is the first sight line for the QB. This D.Bryant highlight video is pretty clear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRsWzMObrdQ even the times he does line up on the left side the QB automatically goes to him as the first read but most of his catches come on the right side. That is why your best DB usually lines up on the right side of the field.

This has been right in Madden for at least the last 5 years. Pop in Madden 16 I guarantee if you are playing a simple formation like Singleback Ace you will have Dez on the right side and the other teams best CB lined up with you.

I'll say again the CB1 is in the right spot, the WR is not. R.Sherman highlight reel if you need the proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16VL3RsGwvo
Old 08-25-2016, 01:02 AM   #15
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

WR swap doesn't even swap the WRs either. I'm calling it broken for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 01:33 AM   #16
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
#1 Cornerback alignment

Sorry guys but, this is on purpose. Anthony White said it on Twitter.

Real teams do this. They have an X, Y, and Z receivers

The X receiver is the Dez Bryant type. A true #1 that can beat press coverage. The X can also be called a split end. The X position is always on the line of scrimmage. So it's not always left or right. Some times it could even be the slot but, it's on the line.

The Y is the TE normally

The Z is the off the line or flanker receiver.

DeSawn Jackson is predominantly a Z. He is good but, plays off the line because he is smaller and can't beat the press as good.

So it's a real NFL thing but, because we can't put best on best it causes problems

Teams move guys around of course but, as far as the position of X, Y, Z it's always the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »