Home

#1 Cornerback alignment

This is a discussion on #1 Cornerback alignment within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 08:56 AM   #25
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
#1 Cornerback alignment

Just one more thing. I really want defensive assignment. However not all NFL teams go 1 v 1 all the time.

Some just have RCB and LCB.

So when the #1 WR is away from the top corner they use double teams and bracket coverage to take care of him.

I mean think about if you knew Sherman was staying on one side wouldn't you put your top guy away from him? Real coaches do that all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #26
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

#1 Cornerback alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
You keep saying the X is in the right spot.....he isn't if I flip the play coming out of the huddle. That is my point, they are wrong. If he defaults Left in a certain formation if I flip the play he should run to the other side of the field. IF that is true then the guy isn't really an "X" he is defaulted to a different place.

Trust me, I know you didn't do it. I am just arguing the developers logic behind using "X" is wrong as it isn't "X" all the time only when it is convenient in explaining why something changed after 10 years. As I stated they can overcome this by simply flipping the #1 to default to the left side. Then everyone can be right and we can move on.

I said I agree that that is a problem.

I said on default plays they are in the right spot. Yes I agreed and still agree when you flip the play they should switch. I said its a problem.

My whole point is Anthony White (EA DEV) said this was intentional.

Go on Twitter and let him know of your problem.

Sorry I changed it my post. I didn't read the last of what you said first. Lol.

Last edited by charter04; 08-25-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:03 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: #1 Cornerback alignment

No problem, I have hashed this over and over with Clint. They are right and wrong, which is the problem. Right to start, wrong that it doesn't stay true throughout all situations. If it is only going to be half right, I think it needs to remain the old way or at least in a way that doesn't default a mismatch.

Last edited by T4VERTS; 08-25-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:04 AM   #28
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Couple things. 1. I stated I understood you aren't a dev. 2. You agreed with a flawed position that the "x" was in the right place, I was pointing out that your shared logic is false. 3. I have gone back and forth with the dev team on twitter and in private DM's about this and many other issues. I have pretty good access to them, and normally agree with them, but this is one place where we are on different sides.

Lol. I know. I updated my post. I frustratedly respond before reading your whole post.

My fault

Old 08-25-2016, 09:07 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Lol. I know. I updated my post. I frustratedly respond before reading your whole post.

My fault

Edited mine, we are good. Trust me frustration on this is mutual. I have had a bunch of people come to me about it, and I have become the relay to the developers on it.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:09 AM   #30
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Couple things. 1. I stated I understood you aren't a dev. 2. You agreed with a flawed position that the "x" was in the right place, I was pointing out that your shared logic is false. 3. I have gone back and forth with the dev team on twitter and in private DM's about this and many other issues. I have pretty good access to them, and normally agree with them, but this is one place where we are on different sides.

I still know unless you flip the play the X is lined up right.

I agree that it's messed up when it's flipped.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:12 AM   #31
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Edited mine, we are good. Trust me frustration on this is mutual. I have had a bunch of people come to me about it, and I have become the relay to the developers on it.

I feel yea. I'm getting older so I get cranky when I haven't had my coffee in the morning yet. I better get some quick

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 09:23 AM   #32
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

U boyz stop fighting about your X and Z WRs and just kiss and make up! Lol. This has been an interesting issue to hash over with a few people. T4VERTS, I think u explained the overall situation well between what the devs wanted to do and ultimately what we got. You're right. They were right AND wrong! Lol. Football is overall tricky when it comes to this stuff, cause to paraphrase charter04, teams in real life are trying to find mismatches. They're trying to force mismatches, etc. But, for a vid game this can be tough. That would be cool for them to get even more position specific by designating X and Z AND making the flip play option actually flip the WRs to keep X and Z in the 'correct' place. Add the ability of cb1 to matchup with a specific WR, and we think we've got some football!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »