Home

Is Kicking Aids or....?

This is a discussion on Is Kicking Aids or....? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 11:35 PM   #1
Rookie

Mck23tyler's Arena

OVR: 0
Is Kicking Aids or....?

Me and a friend played a game against each other and we missed a total of 7 combined field goals! Are we that bad a kicking or is the new kicking system this bad?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 11:59 PM   #2
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Re: Is Kicking Aids or....?

How old are you? Back in the PS2 days the kick meter was way harder than this, it went way faster the more power you gave. This kick meter is a piece of cake after you get use to it.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:53 AM   #3
Rookie

I despise the kicking now, give me back the ability to use the stick to kick or don't make me hold the aim as I click that's simply ignorant a kicker doesn't lean left as he's running to kick the ball. I constantly click to early and miss so many field goals that no kicker would miss (as often as I do). I know, get better, don't click so soon, but the bottom line is the new kicking should be an option, any change that is this drastic shouldn't be forced, bad for business.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:55 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
How old are you? Back in the PS2 days the kick meter was way harder than this, it went way faster the more power you gave. This kick meter is a piece of cake after you get use to it.
Yes and on the PS2 game their was a ton of others things that have changed, I guess you want the QB vision cone back too since everything old was better?
Old 08-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #5
Rookie

ThaBayouChef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mck23tyler
Me and a friend played a game against each other and we missed a total of 7 combined field goals! Are we that bad a kicking or is the new kicking system this bad?
I loved the new kicking until the H2H game I played last night. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or what, but every time I would press 'X' for the power it would not register. That led to kicks going everywhere. Had a couple FG's that damn near hit the pylons, and punts that were shanked horribly. After the game I hit the trainer just to be sure it wasn't my controller and sure enough I was like 17/20 from 47 yards out. Not sure if it was a glitch or maybe just the connection in that game, although nothing else seemed glitchy. My opponent also missed a FG, for what it's worth. He went for it every time on 4th, of course, so can't comment on his punts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 10:01 AM   #6
Rookie

jwired21's Arena

OVR: 5

I personally love it. I sucked terribly at first but I'm slowly getting better. I like that it figures more into my strategy at least. I know that I better get to a certain yard line or the chance to make the kick falls dramatically. I've also gone for it more on 4th down when I wouldn't have in the past because 50 yard FGs were almost automatic. It's a lot closer to a sim than the way you kicked in the past. But I also see your point. Maybe bump the FG accuracy sliders up and ease them back as you get better. Also look for kickers with better accuracy than power.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:02 AM   #7
MVP

It's fine, simply takes practice.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Love it. I lost my first preseason game by one point, a missed extra point earlier in the game.

I like the fact you can feel the pressure come on when its game time and matters. no more gimmes.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 08-25-2016 at 10:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »