Home

I feel draft classes are not giving good enough players.

This is a discussion on I feel draft classes are not giving good enough players. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #17
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I feel draft classes are not giving good enough players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I think what a lot of you actually want is a text-based sim for this kind of stuff. A game for the masses that has to please everyone will never be 100% the way you want it with stuff like this. If there weren't very many high overall guys, EA would lose a lot of money from casual franchise dudes.

I hear Head Coach 09 was good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having draft classes that match the stock roster, within a margin of error of course, isn't really that niche of a request. It's just a game balancing issue that needs tuning.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 01:09 PM   #18
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper417
The overall # is also just based on the new formulas. Not being 90+ ovr doesn't mean the players aren't a beast on the field.

Your post though seems to be talking about progression & what you're spending your XP to boost up on these guys. If you feel the XP gained is low use the XP sliders.

But from all the classes I've seen, the draft classes this year have more talent than any of the past versions.
Spot on with this.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #19
MVP

Is the high number of highly rated players do to them being beasts or is awareness just higher in the draft classes?
Old 08-25-2016, 01:44 PM   #20
Rookie

BigChillin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Is the high number of highly rated players do to them being beasts or is awareness just higher in the draft classes?

I've done 3 drafts so far. The awareness ratings of draftees seems about exactly the same as it was last year. What I've noticed different from last year is faster/stronger players with higher skill ratings than last year. One example is running backs coming out without a speed cap like there was last year (there was a stupid 92 speed cap for drafted RBs last year). There's also bigger Calvin Johnson-like receivers coming out.

In one of the drafts I did, I scouted 3 QBs with A+ throw power. Having 1 QB in a draft with A+ throw-power was very rare last year, but 3 would almost never happen. There seems to be less running QBs and more strong armed pocked passers coming out of the draft than last year.

For all the other positions, it seems like the scouted attributes are generally higher across the board than they were last year. The only positions that don't seem to have gotten better are HBs (which since they are allowed to have higher speed and strength than last year, I think kind of makes up for it), and TEs (there seem to be more blocking-oriented TEs than there were last year). Other than that, I feel like the skill stats from the 3 drafts I've scouted have gotten better overall. Also, the safeties are MUCH better overall than they were last year (that position was pretty gimped in drafts last year).

Like I said, this is only based off 3 drafts but I just feel like the quality of the players in the drafts are definitely higher than last year and I don't think awareness ratings have changed at all really.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:44 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper417
The overall # is also just based on the new formulas. Not being 90+ ovr doesn't mean the players aren't a beast on the field.

Your post though seems to be talking about progression & what you're spending your XP to boost up on these guys. If you feel the XP gained is low use the XP sliders.

But from all the classes I've seen, the draft classes this year have more talent than any of the past versions.
Correct but my point was that without adjusting XP sliders most of those 78-80 overall players cap out at 86-87 before regression hits and that's my issue.

I guess my title was misleading as all hell since I guess it is more of a XP thing then anything else. There are next to zero 90+ overall players 8 years into my franchise and it's just kind of a bummer. I don't want to spend hours fine tuning XP for each position either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 02:43 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChillin
Well, you can't really judge based on the 2016 draft class because we don't have any data on the players. The ratings for the current draft class are different than what their true ratings would actually be. This is ESPECIALLY true for guys who got drafted past the first or second rounds who will end up surprising people. Wait till about halfway through the season when ratings start getting updated based on player performance and we can see how many 77-80 players there are (better yet, the end of the year).

In Madden draft classes, each player's true rating is already known because it was generated by the game. There are guys in the later rounds who start out as an 77-80 because just like in real life, you may have Tom Bradys/Russell Wilsons/Richard Shermans who are overlooked. Had those three guys been in the 2016 draft and drafted at the same spots they were drafted in real life, they would probably be rated in the high 60's in Madden 17 due to lack of data. Had those same players been in a Madden draft, they would probably all be 80+ as rookies because the game already knows their true rating.

tl;dr - you can't compare Madden drafts with the 2016 rookies because there is no way to know what the 2016 rookies' true rating actually is until they actually play.
and I gathered from John White that they seemingly saw the '16 class as a whole as not a great draft class, so it shouldn't be the gold standard of quantity of 78+ guys. Now..30-40 is really high IMO, but that's just me. Also, I want to know how many on average we are seeing per draft have Superstar Dev?
Old 08-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #23
Banned

rich8682's Arena

I think a lot of guys have overalls that aren't indicative of how good they actually are. I have a feeling that size impacts overall. You see a lot of corners with decent ratings that are in the 80s overall, and a lot of them are the 6'3-4 guys. Just a hunch I have.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 02:54 PM   #24
Rookie

cooper417's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbeb
Correct but my point was that without adjusting XP sliders most of those 78-80 overall players cap out at 86-87 before regression hits and that's my issue.

I guess my title was misleading as all hell since I guess it is more of a XP thing then anything else. There are next to zero 90+ overall players 8 years into my franchise and it's just kind of a bummer. I don't want to spend hours fine tuning XP for each position either.
Yeah, and progression/regression is also tied to the player goals too.

Other than boosting the XP slider up across the board not sure how'd you fix this. There might be a post on XP sliders in the slider thread section that could give you something to try.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »