Home

I cannot get pressure

This is a discussion on I cannot get pressure within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 09:49 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: I cannot get pressure

You know, all I want, and ever wanted as it's a legacy issue, is for my D to get as many sacks as the cpu. They sack me on screen passes, I can't get the ball off in a second at the last minute like they can (even with auto pass with the cpu controlling my qb)... its kinda crazy how long this has been a thing.

It is not a pressure issue - its a sack issue. I force a throwaway or two on every drive, but rarely get sacks. Really wish the programmers could make the pass rush work better through sliders in a way that didn't just result in more incomplete passes.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #74
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
You know, all I want, and ever wanted as it's a legacy issue, is for my D to get as many sacks as the cpu. They sack me on screen passes, I can't get the ball off in a second at the last minute like they can (even with auto pass with the cpu controlling my qb)... its kinda crazy how long this has been a thing.

It is not a pressure issue - its a sack issue. I force a throwaway or two on every drive, but rarely get sacks. Really wish the programmers could make the pass rush work better through sliders in a way that didn't just result in more incomplete passes.
I guess I just don't see this issue. In my CFM's there is a good balance where the user(me)will win the sack total or the AI will.

It varies from game to game with me.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:05 PM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I guess I just don't see this issue. In my CFM's there is a good balance where the user(me)will win the sack total or the AI will.

It varies from game to game with me.
Fair enough. But it's an issue because I, and other users, can't get the sliders to make what I feel should be happening, happen. That's what the sliders are supposed to do.

You see some guys here can't pass, others are saying it's too easy... some guys can run at will and some guys can't get started. But what we all need are sliders that are intuitive and responsive - and with the sack/pressure issue we don't have a platform that we can tweak to make the game play right to our own perspective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 10:20 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I wish we had more control over the moves. I'll have a guy with an advantage on the outside shoulder of a lineman, then I hit the finesse move and he spins back inside and gets no pressure
Old 09-02-2016, 10:39 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 3

it seems like certain positions are pre-determined to get certain animations vs the ratings of the players fueling the outcome. J.J Watt as a RE in a 4-3 can cause havoc, but as the RE in a 3-4 he's easily kept in check.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:41 PM   #78
Pro

re: plenty of pressure but no sacks

I just had a LE get in uncontested and the offense was running a little shovel pass play and so in response to the pressure the cpu had the qb magically shovel pass it out of bounds into the second row. It was magic and ridiculous.

I mean honestly...

Seriously need to be able to tweak if/when/how fast the QB throws it away. I know it's a trait we can edit - but it doesn't work and everyone dumps it off under pressure like a robot.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:45 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 3

i Have my pass blocking at 2 and the CPU at 15 at the moment with nice results
Old 09-02-2016, 11:16 PM   #80
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I am curious, with all the talk of pocket time for the QB, averaging about 3 seconds in the NFL, and then comparing it to Madden, what about route running times in the NFL for receivers compared to those in Madden???...If the receivers are not as fast in Madden, at getting open or running routes in general, as in the NFL, then an extended pocket time would be required....I am sure there are other things that need to be compared between the two, in conjunction with pocket time and pass rush pressure, to truly judge the game play...

Also, IMO, I don't even think All-Madden should be a basis for anything in regards to how well the game is, or is not, or how realistic to the NFL...All-Pro, IMO, is what EA/Tiburon has determined to be the default level, and therefore that should be the level judged..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 09-02-2016 at 11:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »