Home

I cannot get pressure

This is a discussion on I cannot get pressure within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #65
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I cannot get pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
While I completely understand what you're saying and the stats make sense, the issue I have is when star Defensive linemen get pushed around like rag dolls.

For example, Geno Atkins registered 86 QB pressures last year. That's an average of around 5 pressures per game. If he isn't double-teamed, he will disrupt a play quite often. Let alone if he is single-blocked by an average OG.

Playing a game and having JJ Watt get manhandled by a low 70's tier offensive lineman single-blocking him for the entire game is very frustrating.
I'm seeing Peppers, Matthews and Daniels getting pressure in my CFM games, and it's not sporadic either.

I have Speed Parity at 45.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Is this with the new patch installed?

Yep, just finished a game. I've been playing with user and cpu pass reaction time and pass coverage 95/95 and 95/95 because with zero pass rush each quarterback shreds for 500 yards and 6 tds
Old 09-02-2016, 04:58 PM   #67
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangrand3
Yep, just finished a game. I've been playing with user and cpu pass reaction time and pass coverage 95/95 and 95/95 because with zero pass rush each quarterback shreds for 500 yards and 6 tds
Interesting.

Others, including myself, are seeing scrambling QB's rush around ends infrequently during the game once they are pressured. I'm also seeing QB's throwing the ball away once they sense pressure.

My settings are all around default all-pro.

The game is tuned on all-pro from 5 to 8 minutes quarters.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:03 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Interesting.

Others, including myself, are seeing scrambling QB's rush around ends infrequently during the game once they are pressured. I'm also seeing QB's throwing the ball away once they sense pressure.

My settings are all around default all-pro.

The game is tuned on all-pro from 5 to 8 minutes quarters.
Yeah I'm certainly puzzled, my cpu an accuracy is 70 but his ai seems awful. He will occasionally throw the ball away after 3 or 4 seconds even though he has a pocket that would give a real life quarterback a wet dream
Old 09-02-2016, 05:07 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
I'm seeing Peppers, Matthews and Daniels getting pressure in my CFM games, and it's not sporadic either.

I have Speed Parity at 45.
Thanks for the input. I'm using JoshC's sliders that leave everything default except penalties and auto subs. But I have not implemented the 45 speed parity change he did yet.

Hopefully it works magic.

Oh, do you think changing the coach scheme and/or changing the player scheme/archetype has any effect? In my Rams franchise I tried changing my coach DT scheme to Pass rusher, Balanced, Run Stopper, etc, and also changed Donald's player archetype as well, but neither seemed to have any real effect on Aaron Donald getting pressure.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:28 PM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Thanks for the input. I'm using JoshC's sliders that leave everything default except penalties and auto subs. But I have not implemented the 45 speed parity change he did yet.

Hopefully it works magic.

Oh, do you think changing the coach scheme and/or changing the player scheme/archetype has any effect? In my Rams franchise I tried changing my coach DT scheme to Pass rusher, Balanced, Run Stopper, etc, and also changed Donald's player archetype as well, but neither seemed to have any real effect on Aaron Donald getting pressure.
Yeah, I'm not sure about your last question, but I was experiencing the same as you were before Josh made the 3 changes.

The DL fights off and battles more with the changes. Peppers and Matthews are getting up field more on a consistent basis.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:30 PM   #71
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangrand3
Yeah I'm certainly puzzled, my cpu an accuracy is 70 but his ai seems awful. He will occasionally throw the ball away after 3 or 4 seconds even though he has a pocket that would give a real life quarterback a wet dream
That is because the QB senses pressure, even though the pocket is a wide open pocket, someone is breaking free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #72
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

6-8 times a game the CPU runs all verticals, sometimes against a 6 man blitz, and 90% time the WR's run the entire vertical route turn around come back and catch the ball before I get any pressure. I'm talking about running 60+ yds and then turn around and come back for the catch. It's at least 6 seconds with no pressure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »