Home

Running Game Too Easy?

This is a discussion on Running Game Too Easy? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6
Running Game Too Easy?

I've tried a bunch of different sliders, even on All-Madden and I feel like I could run for 200 yards every game. If I do a HB toss, its a first down every time. Idk if im just getting lucky on my play calling or what.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 11:02 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Re: Running Game Too Easy?

I lowered the run blocking slider which helped a lot
Old 08-26-2016, 08:46 AM   #3
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

I'll have to try that and see what happens
Old 08-26-2016, 08:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

the problem seems to be no one can shed a block in this years game without user intervention
Old 08-26-2016, 09:06 AM   #5
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I have this problem every year. Charter04's All Madden sliders have done a good job making it challenging for me. I used them in a play now game Bengals v Ravens and ended up rushing for 101 on 36 carries with Bernard. I will also say I always find defending the cpu run game too easy as well and his sliders do a good job with that as well.

It also creates a wide variety of runs so you get the stuffed in the backfield and for no gain so it disrupts drives just like it should rather than just limiting you to 3 yards every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I have this problem every year. Charter04's All Madden sliders have done a good job making it challenging for me. I used them in a play now game Bengals v Ravens and ended up rushing for 101 on 36 carries with Bernard. I will also say I always find defending the cpu run game too easy as well and his sliders do a good job with that as well.

It also creates a wide variety of runs so you get the stuffed in the backfield and for no gain so it disrupts drives just like it should rather than just limiting you to 3 yards every time.
I have used his sliders for years they are always excellent.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:49 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Sliders are fine and all but there is something fundamentally flawed in how the cpu is defending the run game. Blocking aside, they are taking woefully bad angles and not properly executing their run fits. Especially the linebackers.They are not flowing to the ball. I'm able to shred Keuchly and T. Davis with simple counters and blow by them with ease.

The plan could not have been to allow users to run for 200 yards a game. I haven't had rushing totals this high since Sega Genesis (Madden 94). The worse was Gio Bernard having 236 yards on 10 carries at the half vs the Cardinals.

In 10 full games (8 all-pro, 2 all-madden default everything) I have had only one game where I did not break a long run (Colts, F. Gore). Every other game I have at least broken one run of over 40 yards. Most games I have multiple big gains. Several over 50. A couple of 70 plus runs on the first play of a drive starter. A 98 yard run when pinned on a punt. I had two 70 plus yard TD runs with G. Bernard (Bengals) vs the Cards and J. Hill had a 60 yarder. I'm piling up big runs like I'm Nebraska in the 80's.

I'm not a stick jockey by any stretch. I'm an old guy and my fast twitch ain't what it used to be. I try to play fundamental smart football.

Hopefully this along with cpu playcalling (mix it up!!! 4 verts every 3rd and long) and cpu QB scrambles get fixed soon (remember having to dedicate a spy and fearing running QBs?) because the release is so close to NBA 2K that it gets shelved while waiting on patches/tuners and I end up losing interest only to pick it up later just to sim through CFMs.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:08 AM   #8
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

This is something I'm struggling with as well. I started a 49ers CFM, and traded off anyone who was of any value. My teams overall is a 66. I picked up Kenyan Drake off the FA scrap pile because the AI cut him from Miami for whatever reason. I played 1 game on All-Pro (Armor & Swords sliders) and have played 4 on All-Madden (Charters sliders).

I don't have the exact totals on me ATM.
Game 1 Kenyan Drake ran for 320 yards against the Rams.
Game 2 he ran for over 200 against the Panthers.
Game 3 he ran for over 200 against the Seahawks.
Game 4 he ran for over 170 against the Cowboys.
Game 5 he ran for over 160 against the Cardinals.

So far he leads the league with almost 1200 yards rushing in 5 games.

I'm on all madden and have lowered the user skill run blocking almost all the way down. But I see tons of wide open space whenever I hand the ball off. Not sure how to fix it, but I'm going to keep trying a combination and seeing if it works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »