Home

Every team gets 2-3 first round picks each draft.

This is a discussion on Every team gets 2-3 first round picks each draft. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 02:31 AM   #1
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10
Every team gets 2-3 first round picks each draft.

Misleading title, but...

The average rating for the first round picks in the 2016 rookie class in Madden are a 76.

The average rating for the second round picks in the 2016 rookie class in Madden 17 are a 72

Now in your franchise drafts...I simulated FOUR drafts just to track this, and these are the numbers I got.

The average rating for the first round picks in four separate rookie classes in Madden 17 were a 77

The average rating for the second round picks in four separate rookie class in Madden 17 were a 76.

So essentially we're guaranteed (unless you don't scout) two or more players (depends on quantity of picks.) with first round caliber player ratings.

Kind of a bummer, because this handicaps your real life second round picks, as well as your other picks beyond the second round. I guess it's a good thing that we can edit players, but that can be time consuming.

Hopefully the developers can dial down the rookie ratings just a tad, so that we're not drafting players who have first round caliber ratings in rounds 1-3 every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 07:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Every team gets 2-3 first round picks each draft.

Was it spread out over all positions, or did you notice that certain positions had more talent than others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 07:13 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
Misleading title, but...

The average rating for the first round picks in the 2016 rookie class in Madden are a 76.

The average rating for the second round picks in the 2016 rookie class in Madden 17 are a 72

Now in your franchise drafts...I simulated FOUR drafts just to track this, and these are the numbers I got.

The average rating for the first round picks in four separate rookie classes in Madden 17 were a 77

The average rating for the second round picks in four separate rookie class in Madden 17 were a 76.

So essentially we're guaranteed (unless you don't scout) two or more players (depends on quantity of picks.) with first round caliber player ratings.

Kind of a bummer, because this handicaps your real life second round picks, as well as your other picks beyond the second round. I guess it's a good thing that we can edit players, but that can be time consuming.

Hopefully the developers can dial down the rookie ratings just a tad, so that we're not drafting players who have first round caliber ratings in rounds 1-3 every year.
This is definitely a cause for concern.
In the attached pic is the thing I'm most concerned about... They don't see it as a problem :/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg os1.JPG (76.4 KB, 485 views)
Old 08-26-2016, 07:14 AM   #4
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

This isn't new though. It's always been like this. Sometimes there's a gem in the late rounds though.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:18 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
This isn't new though. It's always been like this. Sometimes there's a gem in the late rounds though.
It is "new" when they claim the generated rookies classes have been tuned/adjusted to match/reflect the latest incoming rookies class, where there are no more than 10 players in the whole class rated over 75
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 07:22 AM   #6
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Please don't get them to make the draft worse..that will be disastrous I think we all know.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:29 AM   #7
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
It is "new" when they claim the generated rookies classes have been tuned/adjusted to match/reflect the latest incoming rookies class, where there are no more than 10 players in the whole class rated over 75
I took his post as ever year, every team will get 2-3 players that are 1st round caliber picks, not that they are no more than 10 players in the whole class rated over 75.

Like he's saying there are too many GOOD draft picks each year.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:38 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I took his post as ever year, every team will get 2-3 players that are 1st round caliber picks, not that they are no more than 10 players in the whole class rated over 75.

Like he's saying there are too many GOOD draft picks each year.
I reckon what the OP refers to is the following:

In every generated draft there are 30+ players with an OVR of 78+, whereas from this year's draft there are no more than 5 or 6 players with an OVR of 78+.

That is a HUGE disparity, especially when they have pointed out that the generated classes are tuned to match this year's incoming rookie class.

This is not about making draft classes worse, is about making them match what the current rookie class looks like. Otherwise, rookies from this year might, and in most cases, will be deemed useless or sub-level backups from year 2 of CFM even if in year 1 they were considered promising rookies.

Simply put, from year 2 of CFM there is an overflood of rookies would be the equal of a top 10 pick in this year's draft. Is not about there being too many GOOD players, if the fact that the good players are dis proportionally good with regards to the current rookie class and also with regards to the new OVR system used for all players in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »