Home

Charles Davis Needs to Talk Less

This is a discussion on Charles Davis Needs to Talk Less within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #9
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Charles Davis Needs to Talk Less

Davis is an awesome guy, he can talk all he wants.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #10
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

I love the color commentary thus far. I have a few gripes though. I have forgotten a couple of them at the moment but they'll come back to me. The one I cannot forget about however, is the commentators not recognizing the game situation when it comes to a qb taking kneels to run the clock off for the W. They ramble like the game is still on the line and completely breaks immersion after having a such great game called. If EA could fix this issue, the game would end on a good note and not a very bad one. Can somebody please tweet this? It should be a VERY easy fix and seems pretty important considering its some of the last lines delivered for the team. Again, ending on a good note would leave a positive lasting impression. Right now it's a negative one.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:39 PM   #11
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
The one I cannot forget about however, is the commentators not recognizing the game situation when it comes to a qb taking kneels to run the clock off for the W. They ramble like the game is still on the line and completely breaks immersion after having a such great game called.
Actually I was just going to mention how much they DO recognize game situations like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 02:40 PM   #12
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Actually I was just going to mention how much they DO recognize game situations like this.
I'll record it for you sometime today.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:44 PM   #13
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
I'll record it for you sometime today.
I'm not doubting you at all, I believe it has issues.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #14
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I'm not doubting you at all, I believe it has issues.
Okay so apperently they talk about taking a knee but also talk about the down and distance. I just played a game and this time they did a really good job noticing the game situation and saying they expect to see a kneel down here after taking into account the score, timeouts and clock left. I'm not sure what happened the first couple of times I was in that situation.

I'm thinking that if it requires you to take over a minute off the clock with 3 kneel downs and you blew the opponent out so they won't even bother using the timeouts they have, they might not talk about taking kneel downs. I do remember the earlier games I played were blowouts with 3 kneel downs. This past game was a close one with like 20 second left and only required one kneel down. I'll look more into this with fu ture games.

Last edited by Dwaresacksqb; 08-26-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:02 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would like to see less chatter and more play results. especially names of tacklers. Also simed to year two they don ;t know rookie names even if common. Also half time guys knowns more rookie names. Hope they update this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 03:15 PM   #16
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

It's frustrating to me to hear things like "davis needs to talk less" or "less chatter, more game".

Considering what we had last year, the year before, year before that, etc, etc. I'll take this any day of the week.

The commentary in this game is on par with NBA 2k now and in some ways it's better because of the continued updates each week.

If you listen to commentary during the week, thursday, sunday and monday there is always chatter by the color commentator.

I just...can't see how people can complain about it. Out of all the things wrong with this game, the commentary isn't one of them, not by a long shot.

The commentary over the years has been awful, now we get something that is a gem and people still complain. Unbelievable.

My opinion...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »