Home

What team are you using for your CFM and why

This is a discussion on What team are you using for your CFM and why within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2016, 02:11 AM   #17
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What team are you using for your CFM and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsbuck
This year I really don't know yet. My favorite team is the Panthers, and I don't like using teams that are already Super Bowl contenders out of the gate. I prefer to take a real crappy team (preferably with nice uniforms and no future QB so that I can draft my own) and build them up. I've got a few teams in mind but I'm still not 100% on it:

Browns - Just such a dreadful franchise since they came back. They deserve a good season. Only drawback here for me is that I hate their colors/uniforms.

Lions - Nice uniforms/color scheme, no Super Bowls ever, lost Megatron. I'd love to trade Stafford and start from scratch. I'd have to build an open air stadium though, I hate playing with a dome as the home field.

Oilers - No clue who I would move, but I LOVE the Houston Oilers uniforms/color scheme and have played with them a few times over the past several years.

Cowboys - They are here purely because I want to take Zeke and try to break the all-time rushing record with him.

Could move San Diego to houston
Old 08-27-2016, 02:43 AM   #18
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

OVR: 0

Selecting the San Diego Chargers for all the uncertainty with this franchise. They've been my choice pretty much since June, and I love all the storylines that come with this team. Either this season, Philip Rivers plays like a man possessed and beats significantly better teams than San Diego all the way to a Super Bowl ring, or we finish 7-9. I think 7-9 is far more realistic, so I'm going for a total youth rebuild. Philip Rivers is going to become a Jet (ugh) in exchange for Fitzpatrick and draft picks. Essentially, the Jets can get the playoff push they need with an amazing QB, and I get high picks for talent to help me rebuild. My youth movement also requires me to trade Antonio Gates to the Vikings for draft picks. Gates would be a reliable weapon for Bridgewater and could give him the confidence to suceed as an NFL QB, while the benefit for Gates is being a veteran in helping the Vikings Super Bowl conquest. I'll take 3-13 in year 1 for a Super Bowl in season 5 and having the pleasure of drafting a franchise Quarterback.

Aforementioned storylines further drawing me to the 619 is the fact that the Chargers may leave the 619 itself. The relocation dilemma. I actually do plan on moving to Los Angeles in the "new-era" of Charger football.

Some other storylines that make the Chargers all the more interesting are the questions at RB after a disappointing season from RB Melvin Gordon. I'll be reducing his workload with Woodhead and Oliver so he may flourish with spread touches, but if he can't get the job done, he'll be done.

Probably the last reason why I'm choosing the Chargers is the defense. Manti Te'o is on the fence of having the "bust" label applied to him if he doesn't step up in an INCREDIBLY deep LB core. Also, Joey Bosa is projected to fit terribly into a 3-4 defense, and top-10 defensive ends are usually boom/bust players.

The alluration of other issues was also too strong to overcome, in the old and tattered Secondary (barring Verrett) the unsure O-Line, Formation subs allowing me to run a Hybrid Defense, and just an overall liking of the building blocks I have for a future winner.

So if, as assumed, you want a skill position rebuild, you can do it yourself in San Diego, if things don't work out. I can also reccomend other teams for skill positions needed:

Philadelphia: This is entirely is you don't believe in Wentz. But if this team gets a true #1 HB, and you get a #1 WR, they are a playoff team.

New Orleans: Drew Brees is on a continual decline, and the RB position is a big question mark. You can also build up the defense.

New England: May not have thought about it, but Brady will retire after 1 year and LeGarette is not very good, and Dion is only a pass catcher. (Why I want Jalen Hurd in the draft, replacement for LeGarette)

New York Jets: With Fitzpatrick aging and Matt Forte at 30, both positions need to be addressed. Same with WR.

San Diego: For the reasone aforementioned. Rivers is almost done and Melvin Gordon may be a bust, Woodhead is a catcher and so is Oliver.

Chicago Bears: Jay Cutler cannot stop being Jay Cutler, and you need to ask if Jeremy Langford will cut the mustard.

New York Giants: In a 4 man RBBC system, maybe they just need a true #1 RB, and none of the 4 emerge. Eli Manning also is old and inconsistent af.

I wouldn't recommend Cleveland due to the Thunder/Lightning combo of Crowell/Johnson, but they're still there.

New England Patriots
Boston College Eagles
Old 08-27-2016, 05:49 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacification1
Selecting the San Diego Chargers for all the uncertainty with this franchise. They've been my choice pretty much since June, and I love all the storylines that come with this team. Either this season, Philip Rivers plays like a man possessed and beats significantly better teams than San Diego all the way to a Super Bowl ring, or we finish 7-9. I think 7-9 is far more realistic, so I'm going for a total youth rebuild. Philip Rivers is going to become a Jet (ugh) in exchange for Fitzpatrick and draft picks. Essentially, the Jets can get the playoff push they need with an amazing QB, and I get high picks for talent to help me rebuild. My youth movement also requires me to trade Antonio Gates to the Vikings for draft picks. Gates would be a reliable weapon for Bridgewater and could give him the confidence to suceed as an NFL QB, while the benefit for Gates is being a veteran in helping the Vikings Super Bowl conquest. I'll take 3-13 in year 1 for a Super Bowl in season 5 and having the pleasure of drafting a franchise Quarterback.

Aforementioned storylines further drawing me to the 619 is the fact that the Chargers may leave the 619 itself. The relocation dilemma. I actually do plan on moving to Los Angeles in the "new-era" of Charger football.

Some other storylines that make the Chargers all the more interesting are the questions at RB after a disappointing season from RB Melvin Gordon. I'll be reducing his workload with Woodhead and Oliver so he may flourish with spread touches, but if he can't get the job done, he'll be done.

Probably the last reason why I'm choosing the Chargers is the defense. Manti Te'o is on the fence of having the "bust" label applied to him if he doesn't step up in an INCREDIBLY deep LB core. Also, Joey Bosa is projected to fit terribly into a 3-4 defense, and top-10 defensive ends are usually boom/bust players.

The alluration of other issues was also too strong to overcome, in the old and tattered Secondary (barring Verrett) the unsure O-Line, Formation subs allowing me to run a Hybrid Defense, and just an overall liking of the building blocks I have for a future winner.

So if, as assumed, you want a skill position rebuild, you can do it yourself in San Diego, if things don't work out. I can also reccomend other teams for skill positions needed:

Philadelphia: This is entirely is you don't believe in Wentz. But if this team gets a true #1 HB, and you get a #1 WR, they are a playoff team.

New Orleans: Drew Brees is on a continual decline, and the RB position is a big question mark. You can also build up the defense.

New England: May not have thought about it, but Brady will retire after 1 year and LeGarette is not very good, and Dion is only a pass catcher. (Why I want Jalen Hurd in the draft, replacement for LeGarette)

New York Jets: With Fitzpatrick aging and Matt Forte at 30, both positions need to be addressed. Same with WR.

San Diego: For the reasone aforementioned. Rivers is almost done and Melvin Gordon may be a bust, Woodhead is a catcher and so is Oliver.

Chicago Bears: Jay Cutler cannot stop being Jay Cutler, and you need to ask if Jeremy Langford will cut the mustard.

New York Giants: In a 4 man RBBC system, maybe they just need a true #1 RB, and none of the 4 emerge. Eli Manning also is old and inconsistent af.

I wouldn't recommend Cleveland due to the Thunder/Lightning combo of Crowell/Johnson, but they're still there.
Great post.

I am planning to run a San Diego franchise too. Similar to you, question marks over Te'o and Gordon (hoping Gordon comes good!) and will look to draft a future QB. A few holes elsewhere too and may even trade Bosa playing off of this off-season.

Other teams I will play as will be:

Chicago and San Francisco who both will need a big rebuild. They both have some pieces but both need a good QB and I want to build the Bears D into what it once was.

Miami has good young receivers and will give Tannehill one sason to prove his worth. Aging DE's will need replacing too to pair with Suh.

Baltimore to build up the HB and WR position, maybe a new QB to groom and I love Ronnie Stanley as LT for next decade.

Indy because of Luck and Ryan Kelly. I think a big time WR is needed although I do like their current options. Some youth on D but no standouts and a full defensive rebuild for me.

There are more but one team I am looking forward to progressing further would be Arizona. Get an eventual replacement for Palmer but just look at the rest - Johnson as current and future HB. talented group of WR's (Fitz will need replacing eventually) further build the OL, need a new NT and RE and an LB or two but the backfield is set.

By far the best Madden so far in terms of gameplay, draft classes etc. Love the game!
Old 08-27-2016, 06:03 AM   #20
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

My plan if I ever buy the game is to start with the Titans. Why?

1. I'm gonna try to build a very mobile WCO with lots of PA and bootlegs and Titans seem like a great fit with Marcus Mariota at QB and several young OL men to groom into zone blocking monsters.

2. Defensively they're listed in the coach schemes as 4-3 attacking - which based on their playbook at least is wrong as they have a bunch of 3-4 formations and no 4-3 formations (nice attention to details there, EA) - but I'm gonna build a 3-4 defense with a strong front 7 and the top man-to-man coverage CB's in the league and a safety with sort of a free role where he can roam around the field like a wild animal and kill anyone in his path! (sorry, got carried away in my Polamalu dreams there...)

3. They're in a very interesting division that could become one of the most competitive ones over the next few years. The Texans have a young QB and young receivers and are building a stud defense. The Jaguars have a lot of talent and should get into the playoffs soon and the Colts have the best QB in the division, but are missing a few pieces on offense and defense to become a strong playoff team.

4. It's also a team that can be relocated at any time but also a team I don't have to relocate if that makes sense? Sometimes I start with a team knowing I'll relocate them immediately and sometimes I start with a team I think should never be relocated since they never would in real life. With the Titans I could go either way. I could play in Tennessee for a few years then decide to move or I could just stay forever. I like not knowing and maybe having to make that decision somewhere down the road when the stadium is falling apart or fans are leaving and I have to take my incompetence somewhere else.

Should be fun! ...after EA fixes a lot of bugs in the first patch. At least the game-breaking ones.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:56 AM   #21
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaSimulator
My plan if I ever buy the game is to start with the Titans. Why?

1. I'm gonna try to build a very mobile WCO with lots of PA and bootlegs and Titans seem like a great fit with Marcus Mariota at QB and several young OL men to groom into zone blocking monsters.

2. Defensively they're listed in the coach schemes as 4-3 attacking - which based on their playbook at least is wrong as they have a bunch of 3-4 formations and no 4-3 formations (nice attention to details there, EA) - but I'm gonna build a 3-4 defense with a strong front 7 and the top man-to-man coverage CB's in the league and a safety with sort of a free role where he can roam around the field like a wild animal and kill anyone in his path! (sorry, got carried away in my Polamalu dreams there...)

3. They're in a very interesting division that could become one of the most competitive ones over the next few years. The Texans have a young QB and young receivers and are building a stud defense. The Jaguars have a lot of talent and should get into the playoffs soon and the Colts have the best QB in the division, but are missing a few pieces on offense and defense to become a strong playoff team.

4. It's also a team that can be relocated at any time but also a team I don't have to relocate if that makes sense? Sometimes I start with a team knowing I'll relocate them immediately and sometimes I start with a team I think should never be relocated since they never would in real life. With the Titans I could go either way. I could play in Tennessee for a few years then decide to move or I could just stay forever. I like not knowing and maybe having to make that decision somewhere down the road when the stadium is falling apart or fans are leaving and I have to take my incompetence somewhere else.

Should be fun! ...after EA fixes a lot of bugs in the first patch. At least the game-breaking ones.
The plans for Tennessee sound fun, all your draft picks from Philly will certainly help as well. If I were you, I'd draft a #1 CB and Franchise LT with both picks. The secondary can use ANYTHING it can get it's hands on, and Jason McCourty would thrive as a #2. A franchise LT would protect an often-injured Mariota, while you move Lewan to RT and Conklin to RG. Imagine the OL with your LT, Chance Warmack, Ben Jones, Jack Conklin, and Taylor Lewan. Reminds me of the OL with Michael Roos, Eugene Amano, Kevin Mawae, Jake Scott, and David Stewart. Protecting Mariota and turning him into a superstar sounds really fun.

New England Patriots
Boston College Eagles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #22
Just started!

Need help picking mine.

Looking for a team with tradable assets so I can blow it up for draft picks, but also want a team that makes realistic sense to relocate and start completely fresh with.

Cleveland or San Diego probably the best options then?
Old 08-27-2016, 11:21 AM   #23
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacification1
The plans for Tennessee sound fun, all your draft picks from Philly will certainly help as well. If I were you, I'd draft a #1 CB and Franchise LT with both picks. The secondary can use ANYTHING it can get it's hands on, and Jason McCourty would thrive as a #2. A franchise LT would protect an often-injured Mariota, while you move Lewan to RT and Conklin to RG. Imagine the OL with your LT, Chance Warmack, Ben Jones, Jack Conklin, and Taylor Lewan. Reminds me of the OL with Michael Roos, Eugene Amano, Kevin Mawae, Jake Scott, and David Stewart. Protecting Mariota and turning him into a superstar sounds really fun.
Oh yeah, forgot about the extra picks That's an added bonus! Would definitely focus my draft on building the defense. A lot of needs on the D if I'm to get them playing the way I want!
Old 08-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #24
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Love the choices y'all have given. San Diego actually sounds like a lot of fun. The idea of relocating could be fun too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »