Home

Favorite Madden game ever?

This is a discussion on Favorite Madden game ever? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #33
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Favorite Madden game ever?

Yep, Madden17. Just had a 14-3 game on All-Madden 10 min qts.Never thought i'd have a result like that on AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 32
Favorite Madden game ever?

Madden 17 (in its current state) may have finally knocked 2012 from the top spot. However, let's see what type of game this is after EA implements a few patches. My bet is that this game play changes to be more geared towards tourney, online, and MUT players. This is typically what happens.

Madden 16 started out strong. However, by the end of the year, they had tightened up so, it was a joke.

Funny story, I was watching a guy, Who was apparently a top Madden player last year. He was streaming Madden 17 on twitch, and getting his butt kicked by someone who knew a little bit more about football than he did. It was clear that he was terrible when it came to basic football concepts. His cheese wasn't working and he wasn't able to play as well. He was whining about the gameplay. These are the type of guys that end up changing the game by the end of the year. Watch and wait... EA always ends up catering to these losers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by SECElit3; 08-28-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:41 AM   #35
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

As an overall package I still say Madden 05, but from a gameplay point of view 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #36
Rookie

lunch pale gang's Arena

OVR: 2

I know that this will sound crazy, but for me, my favorite Madden was "John Madden Football' released in 1990 for Sega Genesis. Not because it was a great technological marvel by any stretch, but it was damn fun to play.

I was a young Marine at the time and my mates and I would spend countless hours playing that damn game. We kept notebooks upon notebooks of stats because the game didn't save any progress whatsoever. Heck, it didn't even have the NFL license or all of the teams in it. If I remember correctly it only had 16 teams total.

I know that there have been much better Madden games throughout the years, but the first one released on a console will always hold a special place in my heart.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:36 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Madden 17 (in its current state) may have finally knocked 2012 from the top spot. However, let's see what type of game this is after EA implements a few patches. My bet is that this game play changes to be more geared towards tourney, online, and MUT players. This is typically what happens.

Madden 16 started out strong. However, by the end of the year, they had tightened up so, it was a joke.

Funny story, I was watching a guy, Who was apparently a top Madden player last year. He was streaming Madden 17 on twitch, and getting his butt kicked by someone who knew a little bit more about football than he did. It was clear that he was terrible when it came to basic football concepts. His cheese wasn't working and he wasn't able to play as well. He was whining about the gameplay. These are the type of guys that end up changing the game by the end of the year. Watch and wait... EA always ends up catering to these losers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I hope you're right. I just now put down M12 and picked up M17. Talk about a learning curve.....
Old 08-28-2016, 12:08 PM   #38
Banned

numberFour4ever's Arena

Tie for me... Madden 2005 PS2 and Madden 2008 PC

'17 looks great so far. I'm hoping it claims the throne.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:12 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Madden 12. Still playing it, but don't tell anyone OK? Simply a blast with good sliders, although I just lost a heartbreaker in the Super Bowl. Still trying to shake it off.... Really want to grab and XBOX 1 and Madden 17, because it truly looks like the first game geared for the offline franchise player since the game steered in a different direction. Just waiting to see if CPU QB play gets fixed, along with overabundance of press cover 1 being called and burned. True gameplan playcall would be nice as well, since play calling is one of the most important factors there is.
I am with you with M12...I like customization of players and draft classes, and I am able to perform all of this with the help of Madden 12 editor. I own M16 for ps4, but will not even open it. It's still sealed. Sticking with M12.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:36 AM   #40
Rookie

LewisCAVS's Arena

OVR: 1

Madden 13 for me, I played several seasons on my Vikings franchise and its the most fun I've ever had playing a madden game. 17 seems great so far as well.
NCAA - KU basketball
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »