Home

Geodude's M17 Franchise Tips

This is a discussion on Geodude's M17 Franchise Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #81
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Geodude's M17 Franchise Tips

Just to confirm as I had a PM about this, the Coaching Carousel bug workaround lets you change both playbooks (off and def) AND both schemes (off and def). You can't change the player archetypes and it stick for some reason.

E.g. Demetrius Turner takes over the Bills if Rex Ryan is fired in your CFM. The archetypes stay set up for Rob/Rex Ryans 3-4 builed but Demetrius Tuner uses a 4-3. I can change the playbook to the Steelers 3-4/ Zone Blitz and the Offense to the Panthers Power Run playbook. The mobile QB archetype left in place fits the scheme for the Panthers off playbook and the 3-4 archetypes fit the Zone Blitz playbook but the new coach calls different plays and playstyles than the Rex Ryan led Bills.

Happy Days
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 07:37 PM   #82
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Geodude's M17 Franchise Tips

Post Draft Free Agency

Here's one I thought more people would know about but I it might not be as obvious as I thought having spoken to players.

Have you never wondered why a high rated Free agent disappears to a team after the draft before you can even get a look at them?? It's because the CPU has an extra round of free agency after the draft week where players are signed to 1 non guaranteed deals. Also, players released using the "avoid retirement" trick generally get signed in the post draft free agency if you're trying to find them to resign back to a team come week 1.

Funnily, did you know if you have trade type set to off or enable human only as you finish the draft (i.e. its either aready set to that or you change it before the final pick - mr irrelevant, it's important that you get the end draft loading screen but be wary, if you advance to draft with with enable human trades on, the CPU wont make trades in rd 1) you can offer contracts to free agents after the draft but before preseason? If you go to acquisitions in the post draft part of the off-season you can make free agent offers, which includes UDFAs if their OVR is high enough. However, the players don't accept the offer I've found... just a curiosity. I've seen these players then sometimes get signed by the CPU to ludicrously low 1 year deals or be completely untouched but I can't find a pattern to it.

If enable all trades is on, the acquisition tile post draft instead displays possible trades that can occur before advancing to preseason, however again for some reason the trades whilst they can be offered do not go through.

I use acquisitions a bit more as its a quicker way to look at the Dev and top 3 attributes of a free agent on the market and just found a load of free agents there one day. Buuuut it seems they only display players that are in the Top100. So if there are no QBs in the top 100 then it goes buggy and says please use the filters.

Update: Ha, I realise this post is more a curiosity than it is useful. I worked all this out whilst trying to actually get post draft FA signings and trades to work, but through many trials and crashes I cannot get it to work.

Last edited by Mattanite; 05-17-2017 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Realising this post is pretty useless

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »