Home

Geodude's M17 Franchise Tips

This is a discussion on Geodude's M17 Franchise Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 04:02 AM   #57
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Geodude's M17 Franchise Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Get, something else I've noticed is that regardless of my preferences I set before the game, I ALWAYS kick to begin CFM games. Overtime it has become an immersion killer. Do you know anything about this?
Sorry for late response, no internet at home for 2 weeks... so when I answer queries I don't have Madden in front of me to check (at work).

Double check your team preferences in the CFM/play now settings, is there a quick menu for this in the game start-up menu?? Where you choose playbooks and uniforms? I can't remember, worth a look.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:03 AM   #58
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
I disagree with you on stuff not sticking when you leave the coach's scheme menu. I finally got mine to stick after a couple weeks of the preseason. I was very pleasantly surprised. Something is definitely off there, but it's working as it should for me.
Some people are just born lucky I guess :P

Well done, it sounds like it could stick after a while maybe then?
Old 09-23-2016, 04:14 AM   #59
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Draft Class: Group X & Group Y

I posted this as an update in my "Draft archetypes" section but I think it has enough problems that in can get its own post. Anyway... some of you might have noticed that the draft classes don't always look the same week to week whilst scouting. This is because they aren't.

In week 3 when you first scout, the players shown here are part of the Group X draft class. The high round, low round and undrafted players in Group X will all be available.

Then when you advance to a week, the undrafted players change (I haven't seen this yet with players who have a round prediction assigned to them) to a totally new set of players. This is Group Y and not all these players won't all be available in the upcoming draft.

Don't fret, not all group Y players are unavailable to draft either, I had a Power Back I was eyeing in Rd7 appear and the rest of them can be found in Free Agency where you can sign them to 1 year deals (or edit them with a standard 3 year UDFA deal).

My Group Y draft class was full of UDFA steals too! I got a DT, SS and LOLB all with 70OVR! But this could be just this class.

Then when you advance again, it will revert back to Group X. My advice would be to limit how much you scout UDFAs in Group Y as they can just be picked up in FA. If you play in an online league where you can just sign FAs, petition the commissioner ahead of or during the draft that there is a Group Y player you are eyeing but he is not available and can you give up 7th round pick to have him as a UDFA (and they edit the contract).
Old 09-23-2016, 05:52 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude

This is a Schrodinger’s cat moment… even though formation subs are set for users, by forcing the CPU to control your team, are they still set or not. You will never know just by looking at the game! Judging by some of the funny quirks and resets that happen with formation subs in CFM, I would not rely on them to ensure split carries.

The same could probably be said for auto-subs. You have them set in the coach screen but by having them controlled by the CPU are they alive or dead? What autosubs do you have set? If they do work then this could solve some of the problem.

Another method could be assigning a second controller to the second team with 32 team control but by not touching the controller, the QB assist should kick in and players control themselves (??). If this works then formation subs and autosubs might work with them technically still being assigned to a user. The problem would be you could see/choose the playcall for the other team… so pointless
I want to quickly jump into this one...
This is the method I use for my time-consuming 32 team control CFM, I use two active controllers so that it is a USER-USER game. The way I play is, I control offense for both teams; and the reason why it is not pointless to use the two controllers method is that you can simply choose a random play for the defense every time, that way never really know what they are calling.

It also allows for you to make on-the-fly formation subs for both teams; and I can confirm that while using this method, formation subs stick for both "USER" teams.

The one downside to this method is that, for some reason, EA decided to not let the 2nd controller make any depth chart moves I reckon their thinking is that it is just one profile playing, thus no need to allow for it; but if there are two controllers playing, why not allow for it? The answer is probably: 'cause EA!
Old 09-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #61
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Thanks for jumping in on that one. I don't do 32team control much as I like to see what the CPU EA designed does in terms of drafting, FA, playcalling etc, even if it is broke in places.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Geo,

I tweeted John White from EA about how if CPU controlled owners hire a replacement CPU generated coach, they don't update player archetypes (I included your link explaining it).

He responded this AM, and said thanks, and said they would look into it.
Quote:
OH WOW I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! (in a cool way...)

Can't believe after like 4 years of this problem they might actually look into it!!!!
this would be good. not holding my breath. gotta say, not having a scheme attached to a player is good.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:02 PM   #63
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
this would be good. not holding my breath. gotta say, not having a scheme attached to a player is good.
Its not about having a scheme attached to a player, its about CPU hiring generated coaches, they move players for their new scheme but the old coaches scheme sticks so after the move, all their players have poorer ratings (as their size and physical are wrong) and get traded or cut.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:05 AM   #64
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Its not about having a scheme attached to a player, its about CPU hiring generated coaches, they move players for their new scheme but the old coaches scheme sticks so after the move, all their players have poorer ratings (as their size and physical are wrong) and get traded or cut.
Hey Geodude,

Now that patch #2 came out today, is it possible to see if this has been fixed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »